SUBWAY PICTURES

Got a new strategy? Not sure how to do something?
darthdroid

SUBWAY PICTURES

Post by darthdroid » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:47 am

Nice subways are hard to create. Especially if you can pull off 4 non-parallel tracks underground. Like if some have turns or they go different directions from the underground station; keeping it all straight takes a lot of skill and practice.

If you make a nice subway showing some skill, post a picture here! Preferably from online matches as building it in the heat of battle includes a time constraint making it all the more difficult. I'd like to see what other folks have done with subways, post 'em here!!

Here are some pictures of one I just did on River's Run
Attachments
Example of a 4 track Subway at Anzovina.
Example of a 4 track Subway at Anzovina.
This shot shows the whole operation, a subway from Anzovina to 2 cities, including a hard turn underground for the tracks heading to Bergman.  You can tell the direction of the tracks by the way the Anzovina Station lays.
This shot shows the whole operation, a subway from Anzovina to 2 cities, including a hard turn underground for the tracks heading to Bergman. You can tell the direction of the tracks by the way the Anzovina Station lays.
A close look at the Malicki station, barely visible as it is a "visible subway", that is, a dug out subway instead of completely underground.
A close look at the Malicki station, barely visible as it is a "visible subway", that is, a dug out subway instead of completely underground.
Here you can see Bergman, which also includes a subway to the nitrates/textiles.
Here you can see Bergman, which also includes a subway to the nitrates/textiles.
Note, this is a 4 track subway at Anzovina.  2 Parallel tracks from Bergman to Anzovina, and 2 parallel tracks from Malicki to Anzovina.  Only Anzovina is completely underground as shown by the underground cash flow :)
Note, this is a 4 track subway at Anzovina. 2 Parallel tracks from Bergman to Anzovina, and 2 parallel tracks from Malicki to Anzovina. Only Anzovina is completely underground as shown by the underground cash flow :)
-Bob the Lunatic

Rodea2007

Re: SUBWAY PICTURES

Post by Rodea2007 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:36 am

darthdroid wrote:Nice subways are hard to create. Especially if you can pull off 4 non-parallel tracks underground. Like if some have turns or they go different directions from the underground station; keeping it all straight takes a lot of skill and practice.

If you make a nice subway showing some skill, post a picture here! Preferably from online matches as building it in the heat of battle includes a time constraint making it all the more difficult. I'd like to see what other folks have done with subways, post 'em here!!

Here are some pictures of one I just did on River's Run
Nice the Pictures darthdroid... :wink:
Rodea2007 ( http://rodea2007.yolasite.com )
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/rodea2007
Note Book TOSHIBA SATELLITE L645
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:24 pm

danke
-Bob the Lunatic

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Sat May 02, 2009 10:01 am

I posted an even better subway (well, better because no piece of track shows anywhere) in this thread:
http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/view ... 771#p37771
but this thread was more relevant to another topic, yet included a subway, so it wasn't posted here.

I would also point out the defensive value of subways... they are nearly impossible to BLOCK. You can block ground tracks easy, you can block bridges pretty easily (costs more though).... but subways???? You cannot even see where they are, nor where your tracks are and could shoot in the dark I suppose, but most likely you'd waste money and they'd still get their subway... food for thought.
-Bob the Lunatic