Pretty Routing Pictures

Got a new strategy? Not sure how to do something?
darthdroid

Re: Pretty Routing Pictures

Post by darthdroid » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:45 am

Sorry bout that.

Isn't it somewhere on THIS web site? I saw about 5 or so maps there, so I still don't know which one it is. But if someone gives an easy link to it (maybe its name would be helpful) I'll check it out.
-Bob the Lunatic

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:07 am

perhaps you could look over Jansika's new map and give me the lowdown on how to lay tracks properly in this map without using expensive bridges. When I try to avoid bridges I tend to get uneven track which maybe cheap but looks crook.

If you look carefully not all the bridges are expensive, only the steel trusses.
Once you figured out your routing, playing 2nd or 3rd time, you can anticipate where a rail will cross over the other and try to lower the first rail (using the
"-" key on the keyboard) for the second rail to build a small bridge.

As for the Lost Cities, there is one critical crossover and here is the screenshot of it.
Jancsika
tn_LostCities.jpeg
(maybe its name would be helpful)
It's Lost Cities and the link is just above. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mikeyc

Post by mikeyc » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:40 am

Jancsika, I take your point about the tressel bridges. I dont like steel bridges all over the place either. I thought there might be a way to place track along certain terrain to try to keep the track reasonably level. Mine gets too wobbly and when you get up to the big jigger engines there speed advantage is considerably reduced. Hence my question regarding ideas on track laying.
As you are aware I have had dramas loading your predetermined version of Lost Cities and can only play the random version, however I must compliment you on the map. I think it is a real good map that you have to think through and recommend it to anyone looking for a challenge. I like it and compliments to you for creating it.

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:32 pm

While I only had time for about 3 minutes of play so far, I did have a question: How do people convert into oil? As one of the cities near my start point showed. So this is some kind of twisted, soylent green, sacrifice the passengers map? Interesting twist, but you might upset the christians lol.
-Bob the Lunatic

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:52 pm

I did have a question: How do people convert into oil? As one of the cities near my start point showed. So this is some kind of twisted, soylent green, sacrifice the passengers map? Interesting twist, but you might upset the christians lol.
Actually it is very democratic and capitalist idea. The upper crust of the society will sit in their ivory towers and let the pour illegal immigrants do the dirty work
(No politicking please!! This is a joke!)
Jancsika :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:18 pm

Very sweet, I posted some screen shots on the other thread (where the SAM is for R2R). Beat it on the 3rd attempt and posted shots for you to see. (on the regular version with the built in starts, mogul with 3 AI). The key to this is buying out the AI as fast as possible. Also, it could easily have both sets of objectives finished by first deadline (1992) I almost did it.
Also, I noticed this is mildly dangerous, on my 2nd attempt, I failed as I had almost bought the first AI when he bought me first, so do be defensive using that strategy but it will work quite well if you pull it off.

Hope to see more maps from you Jancsika, like this one.
-Bob the Lunatic

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:21 am

I played it again, but raised it to tycoon....still didn't pull it off, so I take back calling it "easy" to do both sets of goals by 1992, but the Rum really slowed me down... I think some of the ram fertilizer needs to be diverted to the rum perhaps. All other goals were completed before 1991, but the Rum slowed everything down an entire year!

Anyway, here are some screen shots and 2 routing pictures that maybe Jancsika would approve of ...
Attachments
lost5.jpg
lost4.jpg
lost3.jpg
lost2.jpg
Lost1.jpg
-Bob the Lunatic

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:33 am

Note on the annex picture..... there are 4 trains routed into it, until I played Jancsika's map I never had a need for more than 2 (nitrates and textiles)....And learned that it is LIMITED to 3, thus the shared track.
Attachments
Note, trains on this map should try to multitask...like this one goes all the way across the map to get ore for the gold smelter, as part of its route to bring gold to the jewelry city.  Such a long route...don't have it empty on the way back, figure out a way to make it do something both ways!
Note, trains on this map should try to multitask...like this one goes all the way across the map to get ore for the gold smelter, as part of its route to bring gold to the jewelry city. Such a long route...don't have it empty on the way back, figure out a way to make it do something both ways!
lost7.jpg
lost6.jpg
-Bob the Lunatic

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:03 am

Here is the track I use.
Attachments
My Track.png
Thomas
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING US RULES FORUM MODERATORS!
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

http://www.homescda.com/

Kroguys

Post by Kroguys » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:37 am

Morning Rush Hour At Downtown Portland :D

Pretty? You can't handle pretty!

More tracks can still be added, but I don't think it would make it any prettier. This is not a real online game of course. But a nice demo on how tracks work in this game. The signals on the tracks at the station keep all the trains jam free.

Last edited by Kroguys on Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
AKA: CrashDummy__1.1

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:10 pm

Impressive crash. It is when the protege surpasses the mentor that the mentor knows he did a good job :)
-Bob the Lunatic

Kroguys

Post by Kroguys » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:50 pm

Yes Master, perhaps I will be upgraded from dummy to droid someday.

Love to see more pics from everyone btw. :)

Kroguys

Post by Kroguys » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:32 pm

The Underground Slaughterhouse

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:14 pm

Hey, does this look pretty?
Attachments
Pretty.png
Thomas
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING US RULES FORUM MODERATORS!
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

http://www.homescda.com/

Kroguys

Post by Kroguys » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:16 am

That is the prettiest picture I have ever seen.