Custom Map Crashing in Multiplayer!

Trouble getting the game to run? Ask here!
nonameguy

Custom Map Crashing in Multiplayer!

Post by nonameguy » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:28 am

I posted this in another section, you can delete that I think it's the wrong area.

My question is:

Why does it keep crashing to desktop when I try to host a game with a custom map in an internet game? Someone connects and it says 'transferring files' for about 10 seconds and then crashes out.

Please help I would love to play some custom maps online, I've done it before but not as host so I know that it's possible. Thanks

atani

Re: Custom Map Crashing in Multiplayer!

Post by atani » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:32 am

nonameguy wrote: Why does it keep crashing to desktop when I try to host a game with a custom map in an internet game? Someone connects and it says 'transferring files' for about 10 seconds and then crashes out.
Which map are you trying to load in MP? Do the people on the other end have the map installed?

Mike

nonameguy

Post by nonameguy » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:56 am

I've tried 3.. the full US map, Australia map, and Andes map, all with the same result.

No the other players don't have it but I didn't either when I played custom maps that someone else was hosting.

Dr Frag

Post by Dr Frag » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:28 am

Firewall issues? Port being blocked that does the file transfer?

nonameguy

Post by nonameguy » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:13 am

I opened every single port and still it crashed :(

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:47 am

Computer size? Yours would be handling a bigger load. I know I did one with my brother, upstairs/downstairs, and it worked. Then I did one with both computers in the same room, it worked, but at a later date when I tried, all I got was out-of-syncs. I didn't know it was a 'Hosting' system, I had to get both systems to the multiplayter screen, choose a map, and connect. I always thought you had to have the map on your system to play...... try that.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

nonameguy

Post by nonameguy » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:14 pm

Guys the crash is happening before the game even starts, it's happening at the connection screen where everyone chooses their baron and difficulty level.

Right when someone joins it transfers files, and if I use a custom map it crashes the whole game out - for some reason it doesn't like transferring the files. It's not a firewall issue... any other ideas?

PS the computer is plenty powerful enough, its core 2 duo with 2 gb ram.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:25 pm

Do you have the map 'Dogworld'? If so, open up RRT_Scenario_Dogworld.xml and look at line 3. It states that the map is 'False' for Multiplayer. Now I don't know what maps you have tried, but I've seen a number of them set 'False' for this. As this line is not always in the same place, do a search for <bIsMultiplayer>. If it's there, see if it's False.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....