Mange's Tender Mod

Develop, share and download custom trains and rolling stock
Dr Frag

Post by Dr Frag » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:45 am

Locomotives are listed in the Global RRT_Trains.xml file. If using an Installer for an engine then it should put the appropriate info into the XML file. Then all you have to do is place a reference to the engine in the desired RRT_Trains_<scenarioname>.xml file and it should show up when the correct start year rolls around in your Scenario.

May I suggest moving your question to an engine thread so as to not hijack this one too much? This has been discussed in other engine related threads should you need more details.

DF
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R mobo - Core i7 920
G.SKILL 3x1GB PC3 10666
MSI 8800GT Graphics Card
WD 150GB Raptor System Drive
WinXP Pro SP2 (LANfest Old Gamer Prize)

CoZ

Post by CoZ » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:51 pm

Ok, I've tried to do this about 3000 times now and finally bit the bullet and registered so I could post a "I am a noob and can't figure out how to do this" question in hopes that I can get somewhere with this.

I've read and re-read the instructions. Everytime I place the associated files into the correct paths and opened "tender file" with notepad and re-saved it without touching anything the game simply won't start (version 1.1). I have then re-downloaded the Zip file and placed the appropriate files into the associated directories without opening the "tender file", the game starts but I see no tenders.

What in the sam hill am I doing wrong?!? I haven't tried to do anything else at this point because I can't even figure out how to do THIS yet. LoL

Warll

Post by Warll » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:33 pm

CoZ you're in luck, we have installers to do all the dirty work now, so grab this and run it, you now have the tender mod installed. For a list of all the maps and their installers go here

CoZ

Post by CoZ » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:20 pm

Thanks for the info. Going to try it out this very second! :)

Ok, ran the installer. The game starts at least, but no "tender cars". I loaded a saved game, they should still show up, no?

atani

Post by atani » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:28 pm

Unfortunately tenders will only show up in new games..

Mike

CoZ

Post by CoZ » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:34 pm

Ok. Time to try it again. :lol:

And, eureka... it works!

Thank you.

GeneralIndustries

how

Post by GeneralIndustries » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:38 pm

how do you install the tender mod

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:47 pm

Click on 'Railroads! Wiki' above. Under 'Contents' click on 'Customizine the Game'. Click on 'User Created Trains/Skins'. Slide down to 'Mange's Train Skins', 'Tender Cars' and click on 'Download Installer. It will proceed to download the Installer. Open the Zip and double-click on the Installer program.

:twisted:
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Warll

Re: how

Post by Warll » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:55 pm

GeneralIndustries wrote:how do you install the tender mod
Although if you have SMRI you don't need to install it.

keotaman

Post by keotaman » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:49 pm

Warll wrote:Although if you have SMRI you don't need to install it.
Another totally useless post, with no help or information; does 'post count' mean that much to you? I can't use SMRI, so your solution doesn't work for me. Homework done? SMRE ready? What's with that, anyway; what does it do?

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:07 am

keotaman wrote:
Another totally useless post, with no help or information; does 'post count' mean that much to you? I can't use SMRI, so your solution doesn't work for me. Homework done? SMRE ready? What's with that, anyway; what does it do?
Calm down..... 8) If you don't like a post, ignor it.

If you're having problems installing the Tenders, read the post above his where it tells you how. :P

:twisted:
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Warll

Post by Warll » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:26 am

keotaman wrote:
What does it matter if you can't use SMRI, GeneralIndustries was the one who asked how to get it. As well do I need to point out the irony of your post?

PS: I would have thought that you would be old enough to understand that post counts mean just about ****, so please stop harping on about them.

jayo

Post by jayo » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:19 pm

It's good to have some of the tenders to the engines, but I don't like to use the American's tender on any other engine. Anybody interested in making a 3 axle coal tender for some of the European Engines?

Tijer

Post by Tijer » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:55 pm

I have a few issues to work out before I can build a three axel tender. However, I you can find some images of what you want, include them in a post under construction set. As soon as figure out how to create the KFM that will be needed for it I will get it built. Thanks.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600@2.4GHz
2 GB PC5400 DDR2 Ram
MB nVidia nForce 680i LT SLI
GC GeForce 7300GS 256MB PCI-E
HD 250GB + 500GB
OS Windows XP/SP2/32 bit

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:45 pm

The animation and Kf files can be used from anouther...the dummies file can be edited for the length on the front end and rear end connection points. There are a few 3D wire frame models floating around that could be used to make a working model. TurBo Squid will have tons of Max models I think there are a few of the European model engines and there are a few steam with tenders...you can look through them and see. Once you have your 3D model made and textured you can make your UVW and other files needed.