passenger cars

Develop, share and download custom trains and rolling stock
BandOFan

Re: passenger cars

Post by BandOFan » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:43 am

OK, this worked, but it makes all the other cars that are already small even smaller. The <Scale>x</Scale> only works inside the <RRTTrainCars> tag and not inside the individual <TrainCar> tags so you can't re-size each type of car individually. Oh well, I can live with it.
Thanks for the help.

wingsofphoenix

Post by wingsofphoenix » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:29 pm

Heres a first pic of my new passenger car (v3), which shows the load/unload states.
passenger_car_v3_ani.jpg
though currently not working within the game (besides the window lights), i cant figure out why... works like a charm in nifskope and cant find any errors with the .kfs i made :?
well.. making more textures for some major railroads in the meantime, the ATSF is almost done :wink:

I used something generic looking for the layout, to use with all kind of Railroad Paintshemes. The skirting is not that common, but it keeps the bottom details low (they wouldnt be seen well anyway) :roll:

The original length is reduced to 66%, i thought this is a good (and necessary) compromise between train consist length and realistic look :mrgreen:
Last edited by wingsofphoenix on Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BandOFan

Post by BandOFan » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:48 am

That looks freekin fantastic. I can't wait to see your other work! I seriously know/hope you'll get it working. :D

wingsofphoenix

Post by wingsofphoenix » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:22 pm

BandOFan wrote:That looks freekin fantastic. I can't wait to see your other work! I seriously know/hope you'll get it working. :D
thanks ^^
Found the error with the animation in the .nif, working now :wink:
Passenger cars finished with 6 different Paintshemes, currently working at the Paintings for the mail cars (this time no problem with animation :lol: ).

NewYorkCentral

Post by NewYorkCentral » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:23 pm

wingsofphoenix wrote:
BandOFan wrote:That looks freekin fantastic. I can't wait to see your other work! I seriously know/hope you'll get it working. :D
thanks ^^
Found the error with the animation in the .nif, working now :wink:
Passenger cars finished with 6 different Paintshemes, currently working at the Paintings for the mail cars (this time no problem with animation :lol: ).
Wow! They're almost done! :D Sadly SMR isn't working well. :(
American train fan in SMR!!!!

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:08 am

Sadly SMR isn't working well.
Come October this game will be 4 years old, and it has come a long way and it’s still going strong, thanks to all the modders. This was and still is a community project. Peoples come and go, but this forum is and was with it for four years. :D
Jancsika

NewYorkCentral

Post by NewYorkCentral » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:59 pm

Jancsika wrote:
Sadly SMR isn't working well.
Come October this game will be 4 years old, and it has come a long way and it’s still going strong, thanks to all the modders. This was and still is a community project. Peoples come and go, but this forum is and was with it for four years. :D
Jancsika
Sure I will. :D :D :D :D
American train fan in SMR!!!!