What would improve Railroads! ?

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
Mulligan22

Suggestions

Post by Mulligan22 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:56 pm

I agree with BIGGER maps and cities further apart.
Ability to zoom further out.

Laying double track from the start as well.

Ability to sell any industry you've bought.

Also would like the ability to upgrade more than one engine at a time to a newer one.

Of course fix the bugs. I 've had on more than on occasion a competitor lay track over mine at the same height. Where our trains pass right through each other. But if I try to lay a parallel track from mine through his I'm blocked from doing it.

Annex track that won't allow a train to stop at the nearest city but will go right through that city and onto the next one down the line.

Ability to move the auction screen box to a different part of the screen or make it smaller. All I need is the price, the property and who's the high bidder's name. It don't need a big picture of them.

Ability to see pings to everyone in the staging screen of a multiplayer game.

Somehow in multiplayer the game needs a bit more balance. If you get stuck with a small city with little or no resources nearby, your screwed. You'll not catch up against good players. I've seen people leave within a minute of a game starting when they don't like the city they get started in.

Oh and did I mention BIGGER maps and cities further apart. That's the number 1 item for me.

snoopy55

Re: Suggestions

Post by snoopy55 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:26 pm

Mulligan22 wrote:Annex track that won't allow a train to stop at the nearest city but will go right through that city and onto the next one down the line.
I've never seen that one....could you do a save, upload it here and make note of where it is in reference to a city?
Mulligan22 also wrote:Somehow in multiplayer the game needs a bit more balance. If you get stuck with a small city with little or no resources nearby, your screwed. You'll not catch up against good players. I've seen people leave within a minute of a game starting when they don't like the city they get started in.
That is in the creator of the map. I've tried to use all equal start cities well spaced on the map. If you're not happy with a certain map, make the needed changes, give it a distinguishing name, making certain to make note of it, and post it. If you're unable to do it, ask for someone who can and let them know what you want done.

As to quitting because they dislike where they started, I have little grandchildren who do stuff like that. Maybe you're better off.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

GS-Railroad

Post by GS-Railroad » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:31 pm

How about a working patch to fix all the issues in the game now. I surely won't be buying another unless a bit better QA is involved. This game is good and it could be great if it had the proper support. I know it's not Railroad Tycoon but it's still good and would be alot better with all the issues fixed or polished up as best as can be. If this is the future of Firaxis then I will no longer continue to buy their games without waiting a long time to see if they plan on supporting it.

I don't crash in this game for the most part. It runs without a hitch but it does feel like I am playing a beta of the game that has a whole pile of issues that have not been fixed so far now I say fix what we have. I wouldn't even think about another game if this is the support level we will receive. No news updates no nothing. Hell release the source if your going to abandon it we'll fix it ourselves ya blokes.

Tijer

Post by Tijer » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:11 pm

8 pages of improvements and counting,WOW ! My first idea is to adding Warehouses, Ports and Hotels. I think this could be done by building them into industries and goods XML. They could be set with supply and demand just like any other business. Should be quite simple. I myself have tried this by the XML will not run on my computer and I am fed-up with fighting it.
Second, idea was that larger maps may not be needed, just thinner track. Although I have not looked at the XML for rails and bridges maybe the width cam be altered. Cities are set by a grid size of 20 maybe they can be modded to 10 or 15? The ability to have rails that "X" at 15 degrees would be great.
My biggest complaint is that a train(GP7) can take 3-4 months to cross a map, a person could walk it in that time. No one will ever be able to explain how a train running at 100+mph would take 3 months to get anywhere. I am willing to help, but until the information on XML is cleared up I just can't write workable XML and I have tried all the information on these forums.

Tijer