Ohio Rails

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
veeblefetzer

Ohio Rails

Post by veeblefetzer » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:59 pm

I've been indulging the OR lately and enjoying it immensely. Quite hard, but I like it. Thank you Slider.

I like this little spot near Caldwell. Makes for a real simple and effective loop. Well, not quite a loop as I was saving on rail costs but you get the idea.
SMRailroads!0372.jpg

Looks a bit bare as I play without trees on. Makes it a little quicker since the graphics cards doesn't have to render trees.

slider38

Re: Ohio Rails

Post by slider38 » Sat May 27, 2023 8:04 pm

Sorry that I haven't seen this post til now. I haven't searched through the forum for a while. I'm glad that you enjoyed the map. I don't think I've heard of playing without trees before. Interesting. I used a greatly simplified set of track for ease on systems. You don't get much delay when laying longer stretches of track. The switches don't look as good as the original, but I think the tradeoff is worth it. Good railroading to you. Slider

veeblefetzer

Post by veeblefetzer » Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:33 pm

Actually, when I think about it there's really no need to turn off the trees with today's modern and more powerful video cards. Back when SMR came out it was more of a problem. I'm just so used to it, I guess.

When the game was a little further on and using my editing thingy, I moved the timber town, added some grass back in between the tracks and planted a few trees as well.
Ohio Rails
Ohio Rails

slider38

Post by slider38 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:11 am

I am glad you are having some fun with the map. I'm getting close on the next one.