Hi There!

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
ekrommen

Hi There!

Post by ekrommen » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:08 pm

Hi, I'm a recent addict to "Railroads!"

I somehow found the demo when looking for a new strategy game, and came under the impression this was new for 2008. The demo hooked me...the island with all the fish and the big mountains. I played until I could win with the AI opponent on the most difficult setting.

Then I would look for the game occasionally (I don't get out much)...waiting for it to come out...finally was surprised to find it in the bargain bin for $5...its a couple years old, it turned out. I then found copies on Amazon to send to my Dad and brother, which will be perfect gaming by wifi during the holidays.

I've played one session of SW USA and failed the 1899 requirements (3 opponents)...then started over with 2 opponents and most difficult setting. By golly, I'm learning...I met the 1899 requirements and am going strong, although I'm starting late on the buyouts I think.

Anyway, I started to look for a Railroads! forum to see if anyone plays online, and here I am. I hope to figure out the online thing soon, maybe play this weekend. See you all soon, Erik

Burlington_Northern_3140

Re: Hi There!

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:23 pm

Welcome to the forum. If you would like to learn more about multiplayer, I have set up a manual ladder so that any online multiplayer users can see there progress. You would be the first to use it. I just need to find someone else to play against you if you would like to try the ladder. The post with all the information is at http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/view ... =31&t=3081.
Thomas
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING US RULES FORUM MODERATORS!
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

http://www.homescda.com/

Greybriar

Post by Greybriar » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:32 am

Welcome to the Hooked on Railroads! forum, ekrommen. :)

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:39 pm

Welcome Grey,

I think online is the best part of the game and play online a lot. There are plenty of beginners online, and a sizable handful of intermediate players and enough advanced players to take note of.

Just take note that online play is a lot different than playing against the AI, don't expect the same type of behavior. There are a lot of tricks that online players use. Regardless it's fun no matter what your level and gets more fun as you progress.

Maybe I'll see you on there, my user name is below.
-Bob the Lunatic

ekrommen

Post by ekrommen » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:47 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, gents! There's alot of good informative posts here, many from you Bob. I appreciate the time and effort you guys put into this.