Crash to Desktop

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
Warll

Post by Warll » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:15 am

lucynethel wrote:
amk64 wrote:I agree, though my problem is a bit different...

I've spent three months trying to built a working scenario, but now I have to say - enough....

Especially for SMR I upgraded my PC, I've spent a lot of money (much more than for the game itself), and nothing helped. Every scenario I was trying to built ended with CTD. Not because of wrong content, but it was always about
a memory problem. 2Gb is still too low ?
Well, I am now on 4 Mg's RAM/Vista 32 etc. JUNK. Breaks my heart as i love this game enough to never buy any other game for YEARS. IF this would just run. Sad. Not to mention my NEVER buying ANY product with Sid Meier's name attached again.
Have you used the vista fix found in the tech section forum?

lednard

Post by lednard » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:06 pm

I really enjoyed this game but I also have hung it up. I paid $14 CDN for it and well it was priced right.

My comp is more than capable of the specs and I get crashes galore. Put in the patches, clean boot, turn off all redundant process' and guess what, it still crashes.

I can play all my other processor intensive game with no problems so I know where to point the finger.

Too bad I liked the community and scenarios but just got so d**n frustrated I just uninstalled it one night and shelved it. There it still sits.

Thanx to a great community and a fun game while it ran.

:wink: