Railroads! and showing Firaxis we want to see it thrive.

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
Modeltrainman

Re: Railroads! and showing Firaxis we want to see it thrive.

Post by Modeltrainman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:23 pm

[quote="jayo"]Yes, I'd like to help, too! I think the US transcon map would be ideal. If someone would maybe make some tenders for the engines, that would be nice! Paticularly, a variation of the American Tender with the wood load replaced with a coal one, and a six-wheeled variation of that. Anything to let Firaxis know we want to see more stuff for the game! :)[/quote]
Good to have you aboard. I see you got my PM!

jayo

Post by jayo » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:05 pm

Yup! ... What PM?

jayo

Post by jayo » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:07 pm

Oh, that one! :)

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:55 am

Both Florida Gold and Holidays_In_Ohio-ToyTrains have updates that are nearly complete. Mud Skippers is complete, however one car's Nif file needs fixed for the clay car in era 2.
Been away on a couple trips lately. I should begin work this week to complete all those. There are also three other new maps near beta testing stage.
All my maps will be made as CIC/stand alone maps.
The Florida Gold map has allot of work yet, as the Southern trains are for the Georgia map that is coming out soon. The Atlantic Coast and Seaboard Coast Line trains will replace the Southern engines for the F/G map, as well as added FEC engines. The steam engines will be made for Flagler Rails. A few new Events will also be added to F/G.

EDIT// Also I should say that all my game files for every game I build on, live on my art web site. So on my map threads there is only a link to my files from my site...my files are not on the HookedGamers web site. As long as I am informed before you send a map that is fine to send my maps to 2K or Firaxis. I would want to know before first in case I need to fix something first before sending them completed work. However, no game files I build may be re-posted for download anywhere on this planets internet sites except mine. Posting a link to the files from my site is permitted. This gives me artist's rights to my named work.
A couple at 2K Games have downloaded and played the Florida Gold map before I rebuilt it as a CIC file structure map.

As to 3D models, I use LightWave and several others, however 3D Max has the Nif file exporter. Any 3D models I have built, I have asked Rodea2008 to convert them for me. Blender also has a plugin but I have been on two LightWave projects and RailRoads! makes the third game I am modding at this time all at once. TurboSquid.com has many commercial 3D models of buildings, planes, trains you name it. Many can be downsized and converted for use in this game.
Thanks...

Modeltrainman

Post by Modeltrainman » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:06 am

Falconer said he's tried informing Firaxis about broken links. Here's a bit from a PM he sent me: "Already have, three times, it's not helping so far."

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:11 pm

Firaxis owns that "old" RailRoads! page. However, the game was turned over to the publisher soon after release...2K Games now controls this game. Any patches/addons will come from the 2K Game Dev team...not Firaxis.
I have allready sent a couple of my maps to people at 2K...but not my new CIC stand alone files (Clean Install Compatible) versions as yet. Those maps should be up to date soon, then I will email the parties I know at 2K with the new links to the files.

Modeltrainman

Post by Modeltrainman » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:50 pm

What would Firaxis do then? I thought they created it, so wouldn't it be theirs?

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:56 pm

Well Fraxis used 2K Games as their puiblisher. After the project was complete, it gets turned over to the publisher's team to take care of it from then on. This releases the small programer group at Firaxis, allowing them to consentrate on creating new stuff.
2K owns Firaxis anyway. I was told by those I know personally at 2K that the Dev team at 2K would make/fix anything from now on when it comes to Sid's RailRoads.

EDIT// Over a year back I started looking in and contacting the parties we are speaking of, on certian legal matters as to this game. 2K is the group anyone needs to speak with in concerns to this game. 2K will be the one's to "tell" Sid to make us a new/better version as well...hint hint. Contact 2K with all concerns. http://www.2kgames.com/

jayo

Post by jayo » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:34 pm

Well, you heard Lowell! Let's let those 2k guys know we want more for the game! 8)

Modeltrainman

Post by Modeltrainman » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:24 pm

Let's restart this project. Any ETA on the stuff we're going to send to 2K?

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:06 pm

I am working on the Pennsilvania E8 right now. you could send that when it is finnished.
Thomas
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING US RULES FORUM MODERATORS!
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

http://www.homescda.com/

Modeltrainman

Post by Modeltrainman » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:31 pm

Can you paint one in the PRR's Tuscan Red scheme? Then we can send it as a trainset. If we have passenger cars that match the locomotives, we can do that with everything.

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:37 pm

Yes I can.
Thomas
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:54 am

Is this more like what you were wanting?
Attachments
Pennsilvania E8.png
Thomas

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:30 am

The PRR E8 .dds is finnished. This only contains a diff, redone decals and a slightly modified .nif.
Attachments
Pennsilvania E8 #5711.zip
(652.67 KiB) Downloaded 395 times
PRR E8.png
Thomas