On mods and good forum citizenship

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
Falconer
Site Admin

On mods and good forum citizenship

Post by Falconer » Sun May 11, 2008 7:32 am

All,

Every few months I get PMs about some sort of conflict in the forums. While this is a natural thing (we have mixed group with people from all walks of life and all ages frequenting us), it seems to me that some of you are forgetting to have fun while you are here.

To be blunt: Lowell's Florida 400 map is garnering a lot of critisism, and I don't think it's deserved.

The modding/map making is what drives our Railroads! community. When people put hard work into a map or a train or whatever other piece of Railroads! data, it should be valued, treasured. Even if something doesn't work right away, or the way you think it was intended to or should work, the creator deserves credit for his time and dedication.

I urge everyone who has been overly critical towards Lowell's work (or anyone elses for that matter), to take a breather. Sit back and consider that other people may have different ways of doing things and that their way is not necessarily wrong.

Also consider that every map created, is a contribution to our community. Let time will reveal the fun factor and quality of certain maps and remember that helping someone to improve their work is -always- better than telling them it's "all wrong".

Rodea2007

Re: On mods and good forum citizenship

Post by Rodea2007 » Tue May 13, 2008 2:50 am

Falconer wrote:All,

Every few months I get PMs about some sort of conflict in the forums. While this is a natural thing (we have mixed group with people from all walks of life and all ages frequenting us), it seems to me that some of you are forgetting to have fun while you are here.

To be blunt: Lowell's Florida 400 map is garnering a lot of critisism, and I don't think it's deserved.

The modding/map making is what drives our Railroads! community. When people put hard work into a map or a train or whatever other piece of Railroads! data, it should be valued, treasured. Even if something doesn't work right away, or the way you think it was intended to or should work, the creator deserves credit for his time and dedication.

I urge everyone who has been overly critical towards Lowell's work (or anyone elses for that matter), to take a breather. Sit back and consider that other people may have different ways of doing things and that their way is not necessarily wrong.

Also consider that every map created, is a contribution to our community. Let time will reveal the fun factor and quality of certain maps and remember that helping someone to improve their work is -always- better than telling them it's "all wrong".
Good Statement Falconer... :?
Rodea2007 ( http://rodea2007.yolasite.com )
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/rodea2007
Note Book TOSHIBA SATELLITE L645
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

karsten

Post by karsten » Tue May 13, 2008 11:27 am

Hear, hear!

:idea: I fully support those comments by Falconer! :idea:

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Tue May 20, 2008 12:36 am

Now that everybody has had his say and everybody feels that he has been stabbed in the back and being ridiculed, it is time to stop this sulking.
It was a rather childish and embarrassing performance!
Things were said in haste that people normally would not say face to face and personal feelings were trampled upon. Meanwhile a perfectly good and productive community is being ruined.
There are a lot of normal members out there who are being turned away if this goes on.

So please people start this forum to act again normally and come back whoever and wherever you are.
Jancsika :( :(