Hi there, I have some questions about the game.

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
The Chatanooga Choo-Choo

Hi there, I have some questions about the game.

Post by The Chatanooga Choo-Choo » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:21 am

I'm thinking of buying this game after playing the demo and I have a few questions.

Is there a way to slow the time down, without messing up the AI? I mean the years sprint by way too quickly and this is currently the main reason I may not buy the game.

Is there a way to make the maps bigger? It takes far too short a time for the trains to move from stop to stop.

Is there a fix for the tunnels and bridges? At the moment, double tunnels look terrible!

Is there a way to stop trains running into each other and make them wait at signals properly?

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Edit: I've played the demo extensively, without a single CTD. Should this be the case with the full game (I've noticed several people here having CTD problems)?

Warll

Re: Hi there, I have some questions about the game.

Post by Warll » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:56 am

I'm thinking of buying this game after playing the demo and I have a few questions.
We're here to help.
Is there a way to slow the time down, without messing up the AI? I mean the years sprint by way too quickly and this is currently the main reason I may not buy the game.
Yes, we have the technology!
Is there a way to make the maps bigger? It takes far too short a time for the trains to move from stop to stop.
Yes, we have the technology!
Is there a fix for the tunnels and bridges? At the moment, double tunnels look terrible!
The retail game's patch 1.1 fixes that all right up.
Is there a way to stop trains running into each other and make them wait at signals properly?
Setting routing to hard does the trick.
Thanks in advance for any help! :)
No problem.
Edit: I've played the demo extensively, without a single CTD. Should this be the case with the full game (I've noticed several people here having CTD problems)?
If the demo runs fine for you the full game should as well. At least I would imagine so.

The Chatanooga Choo-Choo

Post by The Chatanooga Choo-Choo » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:05 am

Thanks a lot, you were very helpful. :)

The Chatanooga Choo-Choo

Post by The Chatanooga Choo-Choo » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:33 am

Will it be necessary to install v1.01, or does v1.1 contain all previous fixes, as well as the new ones? Also, the patch mentions the fact that they've now enabled larger maps. To anyone who has the patch, how much larger? Double? Three times as big?

Also, is there a way to add trains from this century to the game?

I have bought the game now and it is very good. In this age of paying £30+ for something you can finish in a few days, it is refreshing to pick this up for only £9.99 and I'm pretty certain I'll be coming back to this one for a very long time, even more so if you factor in mods and so on!

Keep up the good work guys! :)
Mobo: GA-P35-S3
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 2Ghz
GPU: ATI X1950XT 256Mb DDR3
RAM: Kingston 2.Gb 240pin DDR2 PC667Mhz PC5300
Sound: Audigy 4