Forum Monkey Business

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
Dr Frag

Forum Monkey Business

Post by Dr Frag » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:42 pm

I don't know who keeps working on the forum header, adding the Railroads! Wiki logo, but when that happened I could no longer see the menu bar across the top and now something else was changed cuz my avatar in the upper right is no longer visible. Oh yeah, this is in Firefox.

*image removed*

Please to be fixing and make worky. :)

Thank You,
Dr Frag
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R mobo - Core i7 920
G.SKILL 3x1GB PC3 10666
MSI 8800GT Graphics Card
WD 150GB Raptor System Drive
WinXP Pro SP2 (LANfest Old Gamer Prize)

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:22 pm

The railroad Wiki was done by Falkner so people would notice it easier and hopfully use it more (and work on it more) As to your Avatar, mine is showing fine. You been hanging around Slappy?
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Dr Frag

Post by Dr Frag » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:02 am

Don't get me wrong, the logo is great, I just want the header menu and avatar to work right. It looks like my avatar is showing now but it's not where it's supposed to be in the header corner but floating in the sky. Not a bad place to be I guess. Are you using Firefox?

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:07 am

I use Opera.

Funny tho, I get the same thing you do but it seems to be only on your thread. Course, I aint going to look thru every thread.......

I think you jinxed it :twisted:

Warll

Post by Warll » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:14 am

This is Falkner's way of getting back at us who use adblock.

Falconer
Site Admin

Post by Falconer » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:49 am

Yo guys,

Has absolutely nothing to do with opera, firefox or IE and no, we're not working on that all the time.

It has everything to do with the fact that the top part of the forum scales along with the space used in the posts and that some people really seem to dislike the attachment facilities of the forum.

If you post a screenshot that is too wide -into- a post instead of attaching it, that is the result.

I have on occasion removed images or re-uploaded/attached images for people who included instead of attached.

Unless of course someone can show me (attached!) a screenshot where that same problem shows when there are no screenshots? :)

Falconer
Site Admin

Post by Falconer » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:49 am

Oh and yes, adblock is lousy... Server this all is hosted on needs to be paid to you know. :) (but there's no relation hehe)

Dr Frag

Post by Dr Frag » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:54 am

Sorry, ain't buyin it. It's a coding issue pure & simiple.
Never had a problem with this or any other phpbb forum using in-line images. The screenshot I posted was of the Railroads! Main Forum Index and was fine until the Wiki logo was added.

Here it is again, attached, in it's full glory. (or lack thereof) :P
Attachments
ForumHeader.jpg
ForumHeader.jpg (211.05 KiB) Viewed 10295 times

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:53 am

Not to get myself in trouble Falconer, but that was what I first thought it was, the width of his post. So I checked a couple of others that were wide. It only showed on his post.

I think he just got a little pushy with the Forum Server and it got back at him.......

And now I have to edit this because the next thread I visited was to wide and my avatar is gone. You're correct, while it looks neat, people do need to post screen shots so they have to be clicked on.

Dr Frag

Post by Dr Frag » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:13 am

The avatar is really not the issue, it's neat but doesn't affect usability. The real issue is the missing top menu. The Settlers & Savage forums don't have either of these issues for me.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:32 am

The only time I see that happening is when someone does the screen shot that you don't have to click to go large.

Falconor, is there a way to change those pics from the full size to a 'click on' type? Meanwhile I'll send out PMs to those posting like that.

The Wiki only causes a hassel when the title of the thread is to long.

Warll

Post by Warll » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:26 pm

Falconer wrote:Oh and yes, adblock is lousy... Server this all is hosted on needs to be paid to you know. :) (but there's no relation hehe)
Don't worry every once and a while I turn off adblock and click everything in sight.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:53 am

Hey Doc, in your post NR Class Loco in Progress, Could Use Some Help you did the "monkey Bussiness' also!

Falconer
Site Admin

Post by Falconer » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:59 am

What version of FF are you using DrFrag? Cause that is indeed quite strange, but you seem to be the only one experiencing the problem. What it looks like is the browser incorrectly interpreting the CSS...

Looking at the icons of your browser's interface, you have a different version than I have. (different version of the same theme at the very least.)

Falconer
Site Admin

Post by Falconer » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:00 am

Can you do a 'view-source' on the page and save the result in a .txt file and attach it?