Welcome to the Railroads! forum

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
jturie

Post by jturie » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:19 am

Been playing for about a week now. Very easy to pick up, but it is not a deep sim like RRT2 or 3 or Transport Tycoon. I have had no technical problems, although others on the Railroads Gamespot forum have reported CTDs.

Some bugs with stuck trains and economy issues, but the sim's Project Manager is an active poster and already has a patch completed and sent to internal testing.

Being the son, grandson and great-grandson of locomotive engineers, I have always loved trains, and at the very least it's just fun to watch them truck around the map. Killer graphics.

Falconer
Site Admin

Post by Falconer » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:15 am

Welcome jturie,

Good to know you enjoy the game. :)

While it may be a plus to have trains in your DNA, you definitely don't need it to appreciate Railroads! hehe.

ledhed

Post by ledhed » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:16 am

Falconer wrote:Hey Led! Long time no see. :)

Junk bin? Damn, strict rules or anything? We send mails like... once a year or something like that, doubt we're suddenly notrious spammers...

@bril: Yup, I finally got the game today and played a full round. I desperately need a gfx card update it seems but between the lag and the graphics weirdness, it looks like the game's depth goes no deeper than Pirates! did. Still fun though.

hey I saw trains.....led like trains...choo chooo trains make led smile big !

how could I NOT be here ? please dont let the game suck,,,that all I ask ? :lol:
If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.

Two men walked into a bar.

The third man ducked.

Falconer
Site Admin

Post by Falconer » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:47 am

Download the demo, you'll know then. :)

ledhed

Post by ledhed » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:10 pm

!5 minutes from now we will have a dowload. :wink:
If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.

Two men walked into a bar.

The third man ducked.

Kalma

Post by Kalma » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:13 pm

My name is Kalma and i'm new to the railroaders anonymous so hello everyone.

sherc

Post by sherc » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:25 pm

Kalma wrote:My name is Kalma and i'm new to the railroaders anonymous so hello everyone.
cheerio

Falconer
Site Admin

Post by Falconer » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:40 pm

Welcome Kalma :)

zzbusch

Post by zzbusch » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:03 pm

I've been posting, but never said hello. I'm ZZ and I live in Fl. When the full editor comes out, I hope to make a mod/scenario that will have Henry Flagler in it. In case no one knows, Henry was the first to bring RR's to Florida and open FLorida to the rest of the USA. They even named a town after him.
I tried RRT3, but my machine at the time wasn't up to it. I'm having a ball with SMR though. Once I learned the mechanics of it all.

Toot toot, ZZ :)
Remember railroads is sdaorliar spelled backward

Falconer
Site Admin

Post by Falconer » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:25 pm

And did that train have floaters? :)

rsuttles58

Post by rsuttles58 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:02 pm

Hello all. I'm another new guy. I'm playing the demo but if a patch comes out that appears to fix a lot if not all the CTD problems then I may be purchasing it soon regardless of the fact my girlfriend and parents put a no purchase clause on me til after Christmas..:(.

PiratesFan

Post by PiratesFan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:46 pm

AS soon as I physically can sit long enough in front of my computer I will be getting the download of this game... currently I have quite a few PC games I can't play because I can't sit in front of my computer long enough to enjoy a game. At times like this and only this I wish I had a laptop capable of serious gaming.