Dropping By

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
d53642

Dropping By

Post by d53642 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:14 pm

Hey Everyone,

Just digging through my old computer bins and found my copy of SMR and thought I just see if this has been fixed by the community yet and see how many of my old modding buddies are still playing.

I wasn't even sure the hooked forums would still be going or not.

Daryl aka d-numbers to the old crew.
Radeon HD 6800
AMD X3 435
6 Gigs Ram

Warll

Re: Dropping By

Post by Warll » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:09 pm

Hey d-numbers, long time no see.

As you may have noticed I've taken over hosting Hooked on Railroads, and I plan to keep it up indefinitely.

Most people are still around, or at least check in every so often. Map making has slowed down, but oddly enough asset making has sped up! If you happen to be in the mood for another map I think you'll be surprised at the custom assets available.

karsten

Post by karsten » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:49 pm

Hi Daryl, good to see you back. The most important fixes have been the 3GB patch, single maps only in the UserMaps folder (SAM or CIC) and errors fixed in user content. Check it out! :D

d53642

Post by d53642 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:54 pm

The reason I left the scene before was the military and constant crashing of the game. I played a map for over 4 hours today and not even a slow down.

Military is still a HUGE part of my life but if the game stays stable I might revisit updating some fresh new versions of my older maps and maybe even drop a new one ya's.

I need to just get back into playing and seeing how the mods have changed, hopefully a lot easier from the crude early days of our works. :)

Played my Florida map today and I am just not happy with it, so updating it might be the first thing I do. I was surprised to see the map that started it all never made the cut though Warll.

Daryl
Radeon HD 6800
AMD X3 435
6 Gigs Ram

Warll

Post by Warll » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:05 pm

I think we might have had it but I deleted it. Are you sure maritimes was the first map? I thought the first one was some test map, if I remember right at least one had massive cliffs instead of smooth coast lines and was impossible to play.

d53642

Post by d53642 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:41 pm

The first map map with the editor (prior to public release) had a massive mountain in the middle.

Remember someone picked me up on one of the screenies I posted cause it showed the earlier editor icons on the side of the map :)

The massive cliffs was a test map, your right. I never intended it for public release but did release it anyways. I no longer have that one as I deleted it long ago. But my first maritimes map was like that until Dan helped me smooth it out, same with Florida, he helped me get the fishing docks on a flat map.

I am working on a map right now, it won't be ready for a bit as I need to take some looks at ariel photos and see how the land is laid out, forests etc.
Radeon HD 6800
AMD X3 435
6 Gigs Ram