Recolored Dairy Cars

Develop, share and download custom trains and rolling stock
Mantose

Recolored Dairy Cars

Post by Mantose » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:48 pm

I recolored some Dairy Cars , made them into Toxic Waste Cars. I think they came out pretty good for my first time using GIMP...
ToxicV1.jpg
I probably should be a little more concerned for my digital train personal ... but I think they will be just fine with a wooden Toxic Waste Car :)
ToxicV2.jpg
The new model came out a bit shiny on the top ... I think it is a lighting thing , not sure how to fix it.

Download at http://www.smrsimple.com/forums/viewtop ... 295#p48295
Last edited by Mantose on Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warll

Re: Recolored Dairy Cars

Post by Warll » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:46 am

Nice work, is the last picture of more milk cars, a custom model or a different re-skinned car?

Mantose

Post by Mantose » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:03 am

Both are dairy cars ... top one is early years dairy car V1 , second is late years dairy car V2...

I have a chemical plant set up out of town , that supplies the toxic waste , and I have a oil annex filling up the dairy cars ...

I managed to figure out how to make the oil from the annex turn green ... but now it looks like I have broken many other things ... the green water in the chemical plant is gone .. its only green smoke coming out ...

Also when I try to play a normal game while my scenario is in the railroads! folsder , my goods icons dont show up in the goods list over top of the map.

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:04 pm

I managed to figure out how to make the oil from the annex turn green ... but now it looks like I have broken many other things ... the green water in the chemical plant is gone .. its only green smoke coming out ...
In the western Australia map, Bobby used both the oil-well (black liquid) and the water-well (blue).
He built a separate model for the water, but left all the structures and action the same.
Here is a Wiki article that might be helpful: http://smrsimple.com/wiki/index.php?tit ... _From_Copy

<RRTIndustry>
<szName>Well</szName>
<szModel>well.kfm</szModel>
<szSecondaryModel>WDerrick.kfm</szSecondaryModel>
<szTerrainmap>TerrainMap_OilRefinery.tga</szTerrainmap>

<RRTIndustry>
<szName>Oil Well</szName>
<szModel>OilWell.kfm</szModel>
<szSecondaryModel>Oil_Derrick.kfm</szSecondaryModel>
<szTerrainmap>TerrainMap_OilRefinery.tga</szTerrainmap>

All the graphic modifications KFM, DDS, NIF, TGA files should be placed in the same folder where the UserMaps is located. They also can be grouped into a single FPK file.
To be honest this is getting above my head. I’ve looked at the NIF file once and decided, that it is not my cup of tea.
But keep asking, because we have quite a few members who are experts on this
Jancsika

Mantose

Post by Mantose » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:22 pm

Took me a while but I finally figured it all out ... I think I had a naming error on something that was messing something up...

as for the green water in the chemical plant .. it was just a matter of rotated it ... it seems are certain angles the water is see through but when you change the angle you can see the water again.

Thanks for the link ... I am going to check it out now ...

The oil color thing was fairly easy .... but I tried messing with the smoke color for certain industries and I couldnt find all the files fior it .. so I gave up.

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:40 pm

I like your toxic waste cars. They are really cool!
How about sharing them with us. You can post them in the construction set thread.

http://www.smrsimple.com/forums/viewtop ... =50&t=3876
Jancsika

Mantose

Post by Mantose » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:44 pm

Thanks ... I added a link to the first post.