Holidays In Ohio ToyTrains

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
Lowell

Post by Lowell » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:07 am

First constructed in 2007, now updated for 2009 with added trains. There are new industries and two distribution centers to help control all goods. Three types of passenger traffic. Visitors spend gold in your cities as they travel and shop. Gather your Gold to purchase goods at the ports, Passengers work the bulk industries increasing production, as the Elves work the in-city industries increasing production. Built as a single player long play map...use the Ohio Holiday Funds so you have enough money to get things rolling. Lots of trains and dual engine sets. Follow the victory goals in each era as your railway expands...and hurry Santa needs your help.

Special thanks to Burlington_Northern_3150, Rodea2007 for testing, artwork and train skins. This map has been rebuilt/converted to be a (CIC) Clean Install Compatible map. Thanks to Jowie10 for his Ohio Large map that this scenario is made from. Jowie10 also helped Beta test this map...Other Beta testers; Burnningman50, Eric, Mikeyc, Karsten, Dwax...Thanks to all those at the forum hookedgamers.com who have also contributed

Happy Holidays Everyone

Direct download link below...39.4mb
This is a self-contained map...and must be the only map inside your UserMaps folder...the Custom Assets folder should be empty as well. Simply drag the single map file folder and drop it into your UswerMaps folder and fire-up the game. Remember to remove this map from your UserMaps folder "before" you play any other maps.

http://www.CrimsonSun.cc/Holidays_in_Ohio_ToyTrains.rar
Attachments
ToyTrains_064.png
ToyTrains_034.png
ToyTrains_068.png
ToyTrains_066.png

Lillyanna

Re: Holidays In Ohio ToyTrains

Post by Lillyanna » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:09 am

Have been waiting for this map. :D :D

Lillyanna

Post by Lillyanna » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:24 am

Lowell,

Are you sure you set up the right file for download. The newest file in the folder is dated January 12, 2009. That is almost a year old. If it is the correct map, then I already have it. I thought this was a new version. Sorry. :oops:

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:40 am

This has new trains and dual engines. Burlington Northern 3150 made some cool skins for several Ohio road names, I made the C&O passenger and mail car set...few other updated items. Your right though...the date on my file says Jan 1 2009...I have been working in this file for a couple months... :roll: Vista...thanks windows.
I did make an error in the credits for Burlington Northern 3150 and had to make a quicky repair and re-upload. :D

If you open the map up in TrainTable mode...you can see all the trains available.
Attachments
ToyTrains_069.png
ToyTrains_075.jpg
ToyTrains_065.png
SMRailroads!0034.jpg

Lillyanna

Post by Lillyanna » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:42 am

Lowell

I do not think you understand. The last models added to the assets folder where BN's engines. Those are dated 1/12/2009. I think this is the wrong folder. This is still the same map that was posted before.
Attachments
See the XML are new, but the newest model is dated 1/12/2009.
See the XML are new, but the newest model is dated 1/12/2009.

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:32 am

Could be it was posted for a short time before they were pulled. We are making a new thread for this map and removing the old one.
Also I had to make some script corrections from the old file set. I also needed to make a global events file so I could stop the game from loading all of it's old events. So I had to refine a few files and such. It is the correct file. You can tell by looking at the xml files...if your old map doesn't have a RRT_Events.xml file along with the RRT_Events_Holidays_In_Ohio-ToyTrains.xml file...you need to replace the old file with this new set. There should be two Event files in the set for the correct file.

Lillyanna

Post by Lillyanna » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:48 pm

Hello Lowell,

I must say your comment is confusing, since you can see in the screenshot that the file I have is the one you just uploaded since the xml files all show 1/1/2009. You also can see that there are 2 events files, RRT_Events and RRT_Events_Holidays... So I really do not understand your comment on Bill Gates and Vista. As well, my son has played the map twice already and is telling me that everything is the same as the old one posted last January. I guess what I thought when I downloaded it, was that the map was new and improved, while instead it was just really a repost. Thanks.

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:03 pm

Don't know...but I just made the global Events file just the other day...it never had one before. So there are changes that everyone will need to update their old file.
Not to mention that the comments at the top of each xml list, has new credits.
Oh, but you know what...I just have moved these files from my other machine...this is a new vista load, so maybe that had something to do with it...but the funny thing is I have been working in that file for weeks now. :)

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:55 am

Great! You are finnished! :D
Thomas
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING US RULES FORUM MODERATORS!
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

http://www.homescda.com/

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:23 am

Burlington_Northern_3140 wrote:Great! You are finnished! :D
Yup...
moving on to the next one...Georgia Peaches. :D "...plug for new map..." :D

pumanator

Post by pumanator » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:30 am

I would really like to play this one but, I have but the file folder after download in my user maps and it shows up in game but when I select it in game it half loads and then shuts down the whole game back to desktop. currently I and Santas workshop in XLM and even tried taking the map out of scenarios to see if that was the prob. Do I need to delete other stuff that is there because of Santa...afraid to just start randomly deleting things...do I need to uninstall Santa and if so how?
thanx

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:17 pm

100% more search bar huh? Sounds pretty good... is there any cowbell on that site?
-Bob the Lunatic

Warll

Re: Holidays 中 Ohio ToyTrains

Post by Warll » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:39 pm

No but it does contain 0% fat.

mikeyc

Post by mikeyc » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:37 pm

Why not do a clean install of SMR and put Toy Trains in User Maps.Emptying folders seems to be a way to make mistakes.