Patch??

Got some news? Post it here.
Editor

Patch??

Post by Editor » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:21 pm

Why doesn't give it new patches - that's bad!!
:roll:

Editor
Sorry, for my English - I'm German ^^

Burlington_Northern_3140

Re: Patch??

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:59 pm

I think Firaxis sort of gave up on updates.
Thomas
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING US RULES FORUM MODERATORS!
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

http://www.homescda.com/

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:46 pm

Sorry, for my English - I'm German
Try Google; it has several free translator from german to english and from english to german.
This is just one of them
http://www.freetranslation.com/

Versuchen Sie Google; es hat mehreren freien Übersetzer von Deutsch zu Englisch und von Englisch zu Deutsch. Dies ist Nur Ein von ihnen
Jancsika :wink:

Greybriar

Post by Greybriar » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:20 am

Editor wrote:Why doesn't give it new patches - that's bad!!
:roll:
Once a game is no longer profitable, it is rare that the companies responsible for it (developers and publishers) spend any money to patch it.

Editor

Post by Editor » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:21 am

Jancsika wrote:
Sorry, for my English - I'm German
Try Google; it has several free translator from german to english and from english to german.
This is just one of them
http://www.freetranslation.com/

Versuchen Sie Google; es hat mehreren freien Übersetzer von Deutsch zu Englisch und von Englisch zu Deutsch. Dies ist Nur Ein von ihnen
Jancsika :wink:
Yes, thanx ;)

@Greybriar - you are right, but i know other games, and there it give a lot of patches more!

Wolfwood
Site Admin

Post by Wolfwood » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:56 am

Indeed, Firaxis takes good care of their Civilization series with patches etc. long after their release. However, they don't seem to care about their smaller titles as much (Pirates! & Railroads!).
“People aren’t wearing enough hats.” - Monty Python

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:32 pm

...just read through your thread...
I was told by Firaxis last year that 2K Games now owns the game. Firaxis handed the game over to 2k and Firaxis has nothing more to do with the game. All my inquires to the game have been to 2K over the past year or so.
Maybe someone should fire off a letter to 2K and see if they can edit the pages link to hookedgamers correctly. What do you want to bet that they say the web page belongs to Firaxis and they can't do anything about it...sounds like a big loop to nowhere, never know maybe someone will take a few and look into it for you.
Good Luck...

What the 2K people have told me is that there was an agreement as the game was released and published. 2K as the publisher to the public, took command of the project, releasing Firaxis. If there are to be any "patches/addons" it has to come from the 2K Dev team...not Firaxis. So it isn't that they aren't making enough money to pay attention...it is a marketing agreement with the publisher.
Time to bark up a new tree on this one, the Firaxis crowd can't help you anymore with this game.

Wolfwood
Site Admin

Post by Wolfwood » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:42 am

In that case, we'll never see a patch. A new development team will _not_ go through the trouble of trying to figure out another development team's code in order to release a mere patch to a game...
“People aren’t wearing enough hats.” - Monty Python

Greybriar

Post by Greybriar » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:52 am

Wolfwood wrote:In that case, we'll never see a patch. A new development team will _not_ go through the trouble of trying to figure out another development team's code in order to release a mere patch to a game...
Especially when the game was designed to run under one operating system (Windows 2000 or XP) and the usual operating system new PCs have now is Windows Vista.

Editor

Post by Editor » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:06 pm

what do you mean, will sometime come a new version of Sid Meiers railroads ???

Greybriar

Post by Greybriar » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:04 pm

Editor wrote:what do you mean, will sometime come a new version of Sid Meiers railroads ???
Possibly, if the publisher thinks a profit can be made.

But I wouldn't hold my breath. It took 14 years for a sequel to Sid Meier's Colonization to be released.

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:36 pm

The game should run in Vista just fine. Vista had some Open GL troubles at first, but those have all been all fixed. Vista, is just a suped-up XP with new graphics drivers and such added, they just had to rebuild parts of it. "Remember 98 v2."