Repainting

Develop, share and download custom trains and rolling stock
snoopy55

Re: Repainting

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:04 am

dwax wrote:OMG your making duals for the Milwaukee Road?? Boy I can't wait for these. Thats great! :mrgreen:
You know, don't you, that once you get your MW engines, you will be required to make a map for them...... Better start learning how to do mapping :wink:
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:38 am

Thanks Snoopy55! I'd like to see a milw. rd. map. You should try making one dwax. :D
Thomas
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING US RULES FORUM MODERATORS!
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

http://www.homescda.com/

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:26 pm

Thomas - there may be a problem with the 3rd decal. Our Tech is working on it. Continue building it tho. It will work OK in NifSkope, there's just a glitch in map operation.

Meanwhile, we have produced this little whirlwind! As you can see, the tinkering with the engines and motors has this beauty going so smoothly that even the trees are bending :P

It will be out on the market in a day or two.......(no million dollar bills Dwax, we only accept oil...gotta love those rising oil prices :mrgreen: )
Attachments
CNW_4655.jpg

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:07 pm

Sorry, but I found that even with three decals the engine would have a hollow space in the end of the cabin. The original wouldn't work but the other might. I would need to move the large decal on the side of the engine to the cabin ends. The orange area is where the new decal is and would cover. The blue area is where the large decal would be moved to. The purple line does not exist since the engines cover is pulled out of the body. If the line was there then there would just be some re texturing and deleting of the lines of the snow cover. Right now I'm trying to learn how to use blender so that I can add that line. That seems like a more practical idea for the original.
Attachments
example 8.png
Thomas
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:45 pm

Am I to take it that you are trying to use the decals to cover where you took out the snow cover?

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:08 am

yes :D
Thomas

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:31 am

The Elgin, Joliet, and Eastern Railway Co. just gave us permission to photograph and build this little work horse......

We are contacting the Wisconsin & Southern in order to do a few of their engines, including a beautiful F7A :P .

EJ&E has a few other designs we are looking into also......
Attachments
EJ&E_703.jpg

dwax

Post by dwax » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:01 pm

snoopy55 wrote:
It will be out on the market in a day or two.......(no million dollar bills Dwax, we only accept oil...gotta love those rising oil prices :mrgreen: )
You mean weeks right? :lol:

dwax

Post by dwax » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:03 pm

snoopy55 wrote:The Elgin, Joliet, and Eastern Railway Co. just gave us permission to photograph and build this little work horse......

We are contacting the Wisconsin & Southern in order to do a few of their engines, including a beautiful F7A :P .

EJ&E has a few other designs we are looking into also......

Thats a nice looking engine, like the color of it. :)

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:46 am

dwax wrote:
snoopy55 wrote:
You mean weeks right? :lol:
Now what exactly do you mean by that?? This is not an overnight job I do on these, tho a lot of the time is spent working long into the night, and several times right into the morning. It was also rather disheartening when Tijer and I spent almost 3 weeks on 5 units and the third decal only let one of those work.

The bigger question is how long, days, weeks, months, is it going to take you to get a Milwaukee Road map up and working? :roll: The current record is over 14 months.... :mrgreen:

I was going to try to get them out before my grandson came down for a week and then the wife and I go up north for a week or two......... :roll:

dwax

Post by dwax » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:28 am

snoopy55 wrote:

The bigger question is how long, days, weeks, months, is it going to take you to get a Milwaukee Road map up and working? :roll: The current record is over 14 months....

Two weeks, into the year 2012 :lol:

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:28 am

Burlington_Northern_3140 - I wanted to post the GP50, NS 7037, but the copy I have is missing the board numbers. Can you fix that and upload it?

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:54 am

Burlington_Northern_3140 you might want to look at the end of 'Engines Building Blocks Discussion'. There is some info I put there you may want.

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:18 pm

I didn't place numbers on the GP50 since the numbers flip backwards on one side. The engine uses the same piece of diff for the front and back. sorry :(
Thomas

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:30 pm

Sorry I haven't been working on anything lately. My computer is being repaired.
Thomas