Australia.jpg
Australia.jpg (12.97 KiB) Viewed 25526 times
Australia.zip
Mapa de Australia
(469.63 KiB) Downloaded 1410 times

enould

Post by enould » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:37 am

Hi Tom
Thanks for taking the time to create this map. It looks great! I can't wait to play it. I might even add more features and cities to it. Just a couple of city spelling corrections for you :)
Sydney
Adelaide

Thanks again mate...
I'm off to give it a go,
Regards
Enould

enould

Re: Australia

Post by enould » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:40 pm

Hi guys
I have gone through and edited the locations of cities etc and added many more. All the credit for this map goes to Tom and the map remains his property and contribution. I just added more accuracy in locations plus new cities and industries. Spelling has also been corrected. Enjoy!

Regards

Enould
Attachments
australia version 2.zip
(481.81 KiB) Downloaded 1264 times

Rich72

Post by Rich72 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:38 pm

Screenshot of the map:
Attachments
Map screenshot of Australia v2
Map screenshot of Australia v2
australia_v2_map.jpg (103.02 KiB) Viewed 27943 times

Slappy Da Clown

gr8 map

Post by Slappy Da Clown » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:25 pm

Hi Guys

Plaed this map to a finish in version 1 & 2. Gr8 job on both. The only thing I see is even in version 2 theres nowhere to take the gold you smelt & no one ever wants weapons ( I wonder if you couldnt change the demand for weapons to gold ). Other than that it plays well with no ctds. A good scenario would be fun. You could also try to include the new installer found here
http://hookedforums.com/a/viewtopic.php?p=14087#14087
It would be a gr8 help to those of us clowns who are terminally stupid ( although I didnt have any problems with this installation).

From da gr8 white north
Slappy Da Clown

K-class

Post by K-class » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:46 pm

Sort of a double post from Where would you like to see the next scenario? http://hookedforums.com/a/viewtopic.php?t=1346

Just wondering whats with the Australian map and everyone wants to play.

I live across from that red, dusty dry place not many hills or green grass. Just kidding I would move to Brisbane - gold coast tommorow.

They do have the Indian Pacific, The Ghan and the The Overland

The Indian Pacific is the last remaining trans-continental train journey. This amazing train traverses Australia from cost to coast, between the sparkling waters of the Pacific and the Indian Oceans, a distance of 4352 kilometres.

The Ghan now travels 2,979 kilometres from Adelaide to Darwin on this transcontinental journey through the Red Centre of Australia.

The Overland pioneered inter-capital rail travel between two of Australia’s most cosmopolitan cities Melbourne and Adelaide, in 1887. The century old name was derived from the affectionate term, "Overlander"’ an adventurer who had travelled across the country.

here is a link to these rail Australian trains. (very different from those lush green maps)

http://www.railaustralia.com.au/trains.htm

Need the great Sydney Harbour http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Harbour - bridge, the Alice and the wine country around the Barossa Valley http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barossa_Valley

I think it would make a great scenario and map for someone to do and for us to play.

Other point would be good for the home made maps to have some of the most important features for that country apart from the correct town - city names like the above Sydney Harbour - bridge etc as that harbour is very large not just a city on a the coast.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.0GHz
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
XFX NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Mobo
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)
Geforce GTX 460 graphics card 1024 MB GDDR5

Slappy Da Clown

how about it

Post by Slappy Da Clown » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:16 pm

Hey Mike

How about an installer for this really gr8 map.

Slappy

atani

Post by atani » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:37 pm

installer attached for this map (v2)
Attachments
Setup_Australia_1.0.zip
extract and run setup to install this map.
(362.52 KiB) Downloaded 2977 times

Slappy Da Clown

Thanx

Post by Slappy Da Clown » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:03 am

What a guy

Thanx Mike

CeeBee51

Post by CeeBee51 » Wed May 02, 2007 1:25 am

I was revisiting some old maps that I had downloaded but not played and I came across this one. I had the v2 from the 3rd post and unzipped and installed it. Showed up fine in the list but CTD's just as it's almost finished loading. Went through all the xml's and used the pretty print to clean them up and checked for syntax errors as well. Still CTD's.
So I removed the map, downloaded Atani's installer version and ran it. Same program, CTD's just when its almost done loading up. Did the same cleanup and xml check and it still does the CTD. Next I tried removing all other maps from the user map folder and still no go. Sometimes this game is so frustrating and such a waste of time I wonder why it's still on my HD :roll:

dwax

Post by dwax » Wed May 02, 2007 2:33 am

I was playing this also and it kept CTD Thought I was laying to long of tracks but that was wrong. I got half way through and it just wont load the saved game anymore. :(

smokin

CTD

Post by smokin » Tue May 22, 2007 5:34 pm

for me as well, love the map.

P4-3 ghz.
7800 GS
2 megs ram

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Fri May 25, 2007 9:12 pm

Looking this map over and I found a few things.

A point to start with, anytime you put both Wine and Beer onto one map, you must have both Cask Car and Beer Cask Car in RRT_TrainCars

To this map.
Based on RRT_Cities we find the following:
Finished Goods not needed - Arms, Beer, Gold

So, with this we find the following:
Goods not needed - Swine, Ore
Train Cars not needed - Arms Car, Beer Cask Car, Gold Car, Ore Car, Swine Car
Annex not needed (in Industries) - Gold Mine
Industries not needed - War Factory, Brewery, Smelter

The other solution is to add the need for those Finished Goods into the RRT_Cities.

Fisheries and starting cities need to be rotated as some of the starting points go off into the drink at one end. The Fisheries need to be both rotated and moved inland with the land edited to be a bit lower where they connect.

The Scenario needs a translation.

If someone wants to do it, with Toms permission of course, have at it. If not, I'll see when I can get around to it. I spent 22 hours of each of the last 5 days with my wife in ICU. She has had a few problems since before I met her and the Doctor feels it may all be taken care of now.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

atani

Post by atani » Fri May 25, 2007 10:00 pm

snoopy55 wrote: The Scenario needs a translation.
Does it? Last I checked it only has a handful of stock strings in it, like "User created map" (in spanish of course).

There are no real scenario goals except "own your stock" ones..

Mike

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Mon May 28, 2007 4:44 am

I guess I should have been more specific, alot on my mind.....

The map name, subtitle, description, author and the 2 Era Victory and Era Failure Blurbs. The 1st, 2nd and 4th would give the credit where the credit is due.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....