Buildings listed under RRTModels

Various bits and pieces that are useful for creating new mods
laloha

Buildings listed under RRTModels

Post by laloha » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:24 pm

Is there a site where all the buildings, nif, files are located? I would like to see if there is the possibility to do some revisions for my personal use. This might not the files that are needed to accomplish any changes however.

So then I ask, where might I go to find the copies of all the buildings? for review. Just seeing for example, in the RRTModels, lists: <szNifName>BuildingUS_2x2x13.nif</szNifName>

there is no clue as to the style, of structure. I would like to see it and decide if I want to use it for my personal purpose, either as is or to change something altogether but keeping this style.

So many to look at but nowhere can I find the actual file.

Thanks in advance,

Larry

TMILLER

Re: Buildings listed under RRTModels

Post by TMILLER » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:48 pm

Larry, The buildings nif files are in the Sid Meier's Railroads game. Look for the Cities0.FPK file inside the Assets folder, inside the Sid Meier's Railroads! folder. You will need a program such as PakBuild to extract the Cities0.FPK file. This will create a folder containing all the buildings files, which you can view in NifSkope. You can Google PakBuild and NifSkope to find these programs. They can be downloaded for free. Good Luck.
- TMiller

laloha

Post by laloha » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:00 am

TMiller,

I had those utilities so it was just working with them for the first time and obtained as you explained, perfect.

There is so much new to me here with, SMR. Never worked with any of these programs, just Photoshop by Adobe and DDS files. Here though it is a different story too as learning what the files are saved as. Generally find the right one through T&E, though there are descriptions in the forums I just don't always understand.

With the two, SMR forums, there is a lot of help, though it seems Bobby's is down for some reason at present.

BTW, really like the C&P you released. Very well done, from my side of the tracks.

Thanks a lot, I have been successful with everything you said I would.

Larry

vzbob

Post by vzbob » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:16 pm

laloha wrote:TMiller,
With the two, SMR forums, there is a lot of help, though it seems Bobby's is down for some reason at present.
Larry
Hi just to let you know the Site is not down and working fine.
What browser are you using to access it by the way.
Let me Know what sort of problem you are having with the site and i may be able to help you work out why you can not access the site. Also make sure you have all the updates for browsers as the site is optimized to work better with Firefox and not IE as IE seems to create a lot of problems.
So send me A PM with your Browser details and also let me know if you have changed Internet providers as well also what you browser says when you go to the Site.
Regards vzbob
I am also Bobby from Sid Meier's Railroads Forum.