New Variant (v3) for Cars

Various bits and pieces that are useful for creating new mods
Rodea2007

New Variant (v3) for Cars

Post by Rodea2007 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:46 am

This thread for continuining discuss about highest variant cars that's called variant 3 ( v3)and for answer Confusing we are people here about cars variant. After done doing some experiments about variant car I want to revised my statement on BB thread that is "must crack SMR.exe to make a highest version for cars" that is not true that true is you can make a new variant car and apply to your map. and now I was edit France Map and divided there eras to 3 parts
- Parts 1 years before 1850 until 1900 that called beginning eras and used Train with years before 1900 and cars v1 variant
- Parts 2 years from 1900 until 1950 that called Middle eras and used Train with years between 1900 to 1950 and cars v2 variant
- Parts 3 years from 1950 above that called ended eras and used Train with years from 1950 above and cars v3 variant

I was edit the cars to used as v3, but only cars used in France Map not all, to make v3 to all cars I guess we needed someone to help that, please try to play this map and your comment needed in here... :P

Note: Notice the picture below, those are grain car v1, v2, and v3 ...and your comment be waiting.... 8)
Attachments
grain_Car_v3.jpg
grain_Car_v2.jpg
Grain_Car_v1.jpg
Last edited by Rodea2007 on Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rodea2007 ( http://rodea2007.yolasite.com )
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/rodea2007
Note Book TOSHIBA SATELLITE L645
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

snoopy55

Re: New Variant (v3) for Cars

Post by snoopy55 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:18 am

All that is needed for multi variants is one of two things (at least that I will bring up here).

1) You copy an existing set of files to a work area, let's take the grain cars. You copy the following files:

grain_car_v2.kfm
grain_car_dummies_v2.nif

And change the '_v2' to '_v3':

grain_car_v3.kfm
grain_car_dummies_v3.nif

This simply gives you a version 3 to work with any version 3 Engines you may have.

But, this won't give you a different car. You may want to do this with some cars because you want to have a new type of car for some v3s, but not for others. So, you go to,

2) You copy the v2 NIF and DDS files to a work folder:

graincar_v2_diff.dds
grain_car_v2.nif

And rename them to v3:

graincar_v3_diff.dds
grain_car_v3.nif

And edit the color of the DDS, add a decal to the NIF, or do both. You edit the reference to the diff.dds in the NIF file, and copy and rename:

grain_car_v2.kfm
grain_car_dummies_v2.nif

to:

grain_car_v3.kfm
grain_car_dummies_v3.nif

and edit the NIF File Name to grain_car_v3.nif and save. You have your v3 car. You could go on to other colors and/or decals and add v4, v5, v6....... as long as you have Engines that will run them. If someone else uses your variations, they must also set the Engines they use to use the same variations. When I adjusted the '_bnsf' cars, I simply changed the '_bnsf' to '_v2'. It could have been, and still can be, change to '_v3', if some Engines used in a map are set to '_v3'.

I hope this makes some sense.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:38 am

In this thread I'm focusing to show to the peoples that are they can make a new version from car variation and not focus to make new model for v3 variant because that stuff I made less than 3 hours on last night, maybe in my new map I will make a new car for v3 variation.
snoopy55 wrote: If someone else uses your variations, they must also set the Engines they use to use the same variations. When I adjusted the '_bnsf' cars, I simply changed the '_bnsf' to '_v2'. It could have been, and still can be, change to '_v3', if some Engines used in a map are set to '_v3'.
Ya...you right, I have been set v3 for Train with years 1950 above, please you look at RRT_Trains_Demo_V3_Cars.xml
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:45 am

Rodea2007 wrote:In this thread I'm focusing to show to the peoples that are they can make a new version from car variation
Which I showed in the second part.
Rodea2007 wrote:and not focus to make new model for v3 variant because that stuff I made less than 3 hours on last night, maybe in my new map I will make a new car for v3 variation.
I simply showed that because in 1950 you may want to add several new cars , but you may want some of the 1900 until 1950 cars to stay the same. You still have to make a v3 version that is the same as the v2 version or the Engines after 1950 will not be able to use that type of car.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:20 am

snoopy55 wrote: I simply showed that because in 1950 you may want to add several new cars , but you may want some of the 1900 until 1950 cars to stay the same. You still have to make a v3 version that is the same as the v2 version or the Engines after 1950 will not be able to use that type of car.
I showed you don't download yet that's map. If you have downloaded and play that map you can showed That is Train engine with years 1950 above will haul train cars v3. I don't have yet enough time to make v3 for that cars. I repeat in this case I only showed that v3 can be made as highest level from car variant and needed helped someone to make v3 variant
for all original cars, I guess Burlington can do that.... :wink:
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB