CIV 4 structures and shadows

Various bits and pieces that are useful for creating new mods
snoopy55

CIV 4 structures and shadows

Post by snoopy55 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:45 am

This is partly toward Rodea2007, but also toward anyone wanting to use structures from CIV 4.
The structures in CIV 4 have shadows attached to them. Not the shadows we see in SMR, but shadows on the structures themselves. It doesn't matter which way the structure is pointing, it's still covering 3 side of it. If you look at the posts done by Rodea2007, you'll see them, on the water towers and the lighthouse easily.
The attached map shows the Bank I created and the CIV 4 structure I created it from. They sit side by side in a city without a name. To find it, click on the button to go to cities and it will be the first on the list, which shows blank for the name.

To remove the shadows, open the NIF file in NifSkope and with the Block Details showing, go down the Block List one line at a time and watch for a set of color wheels to show up. If the 4th one is black, click on it and look at the center triangle. There will be a black dot on the lower left side. Put the arrow on it, hold the left mouse button down and move it all the way to the right. After you have changed all of them that you can find, (change ONLY the 4th one in each set) save the NIF file and run the map again. Both buildings will now be the same.

I needn't explain the change, it can be plainly seen.

Rodea2007, I hope this better explains what I have been trying to help you understand. The default.nif file is one of those you sent to me.

On another note, if you don't want that ground shadow in there, in this NIF it's the 'default_shdw.dds', line 12 in the Block List. Right-click on it, go to 'Block' and click on 'Remove'. Those shadows are ugly and don't work to well with SMR. (in my opinion anyway :roll: )
Last edited by snoopy55 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Rodea2007

Re: CIV 4 structures and shadows

Post by Rodea2007 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:29 am

snoopy55 wrote:This is partly toward Rodea2007, but also toward anyone wanting to use structures from CIV 4.
The structures in CIV 4 have shadows attached to them. Not the shadows we see in SMR, but shadows on the structures themselves. It doesn't matter which way the structure is pointing, it's still covering 3 side of it. If you look at the posts done by Rodea2007, you'll see them, on the water towers and the lighthouse easily.
The attached map shows the Bank I created and the CIV 4 structure I created it from. They sit side by side in a city without a name. To find it, click on the button to go to cities and it will be the first on the list, which shows blank for the name.

To remove the shadows, open the NIF file in NifSkope and with the Block Details showing, go down the Block List one line at a time and watch for a set of color wheels to show up. If the 4th one is black, click on it and look at the center triangle. There will be a black dot on the lower left side. Put the arrow on it, hold the left mouse button down and move it all the way to the right. After you have changed all of them that you can find, (change ONLY the 4th one in each set) save the NIF file and run the map again. Both buildings will now be the same.

Rodea2007, I hope this better explains what I have been trying to help you understand. The default.nif file is one of those you sent to me.

On another note, if you don't want that ground shadow in there, in this NIF it's the 'default_shdw.dds', line 12 in the Block List. Right-click on it, go to 'Block' and click on 'Remove'. Those shadows are ugly and don't work to well with SMR. (in my opinion anyway :roll: )
I was sent your email Snoopy which edited Default, with another building was revised. the shadow in default.nif has been remove. but actually with or without shadow it''s no problem you just need edit that building in Nifscope and change property value Has Shader to yes and add to property Value ShaderName "RRT_NormalMap_Spec_Env_CubeLight" without Quote. I was apply This model in the game and look like Normally.
be carefully if you wan't to delete any property in Nifscope because can get error if another property link to them
Attachments
!prototype.rar
here I send again Prototype was revised
(35.9 KiB) Downloaded 352 times

Rodea2007

Re: CIV 4 structures and shadows

Post by Rodea2007 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:00 am

snoopy55 wrote:This is partly toward Rodea2007, but also toward anyone wanting to use structures from CIV 4.

Here Look to the picture below Default building after I revised and I add to SMR The game automatically give the shadow to the building where original Shadows from building has been remove
Attachments
you can see what different from 3 building with different methode edited them by Nifscope
you can see what different from 3 building with different methode edited them by Nifscope
SMRailroads!0012.jpg (224.24 KiB) Viewed 4383 times
SMRailroads!0006.jpg
SMRailroads!0006.jpg (247.02 KiB) Viewed 4384 times
SMRailroads!0007.jpg
SMRailroads!0007.jpg (266.71 KiB) Viewed 4384 times
SMRailroads!0010.jpg
SMRailroads!0010.jpg (243.92 KiB) Viewed 4385 times
SMRailroads!0011.jpg
SMRailroads!0011.jpg (215.79 KiB) Viewed 4386 times