Scenario Manager 3.0

It's not a map? It's not a Train? Share and download the files here
universum

Scenario Manager 3.0

Post by universum » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:12 am

Hi everyone,

this is modified version of the Scenario Manager which works with patched Railroads! I have used it to create my Utah scenario and to modify Arizona Gold for version 2.2.

Fixes and improvements:
- correctly handles RRT_Names_???.xml
- contains better error handling so that it won't crash as easily as previous versions did, also reports and attempts to corects problems it finds
- new editing capabilities (City Types, Goods)
- improved and more powerful user interface

It should allow you to create and edit scenarios without having to modify XML files by hand.

To install it:

Download Railroad Scenario Manager.zip and unzip it into folder of your choice, run Railroads Scenario Manager.exe.

This is C# application an in order to run it, you will need .NET framework 2.0 runtime installed on your machine. Get it at:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

When you run the Scenario Manager for the first time, it will ask you to confirm several directories: folder where Railroads! is installed, 'My Railroads!' folder and Workspace folder. Program should figure locations of these folders automatically and you only need to confirm it.

First two folders are related to game location, 'Workspace' folder is place where the program saves any modifications you do to any scenario. Program won't overwrite any of your files. In order to test your changes, you will have to copy the files from Workspace to UserMaps yourself (keep backups just in case).

Please use this program only when you have at least basic idea about how to create custom maps for Railroads! Program is provided 'as is'. I don't plan to develop it further and anyone wanting to take over is certainly welcome (I have uploaded the source code and will try to help a little bit).

Use game scenario editor to create the map first and then use Scenario Editor to create/modify various scenario XML files. Again, to test your changes, you will have to copy modified files from Workspace to UserMaps.

There is no manual and if anyone wants to play with the program and create one, please do.

Good luck!
Attachments
Railroads Scenario Manager.zip
Executable
(174.48 KiB) Downloaded 3701 times
Railroads Scenario Manager Source.zip
C# source code
(594.29 KiB) Downloaded 2630 times

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:11 pm

Darn, another software toy to play with.......

Questions - is this any relation to C++? Is the any 'You have to buy it' software needed to work in this language? Does C# confuse the human mind?

By the way, Good Work!
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:29 am

One thing that came to me when I was suggesting its' use in my Map Lesson, a few of the Annexes require one of two lines, <Hasfields>1</HasFields> and <InForrests>1</InForrests> . These lines put the nessesary fields and forrests on the map. It might be good to add those in there.

universum

Post by universum » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:06 am

snoopy55 wrote:Darn, another software toy to play with.......

Questions - is this any relation to C++? Is the any 'You have to buy it' software needed to work in this language? Does C# confuse the human mind?

By the way, Good Work!
Hi Snoopy,

C# is based on C++ and in many ways is easier to develop with. It is very similar to Java.
You can get C# Express edition from Microsoft for free, you only need to download it from http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualcsharp/ and register.

If you have some knowledge of C++, you will find C# familiar and easy to use.

universum

Post by universum » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:15 am

snoopy55 wrote:One thing that came to me when I was suggesting its' use in my Map Lesson, a few of the Annexes require one of two lines, <Hasfields>1</HasFields> and <InForrests>1</InForrests> . These lines put the nessesary fields and forrests on the map. It might be good to add those in there.
It might be first project for you :wink:.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:46 am

It would be somewhere after second or third. My only connection with C++ is that I did some work for a library sale and got about 15 books on C++ out of the deal. Thought it would be neat, but like any other computer language, you have to have a reason to learn it. I haven't had yet. So digging into the language of C++ is first. Second or so is tearing apart your program to find the place where those lines should be. In hopes that everyone reads full threads:

When adding any Annex which would use fields you must add the following line:

<bHasFields>1</bHasFields>

If it requires trees, which at this time is only the Lumber Mill, it requires this line:

<bInForrests>1</bInForrests>

And no, if an Annex requires neither of these, no form of those two lines are needed.

You would go and challange me like that :twisted:
Last edited by snoopy55 on Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cannoli

Receiving error on export

Post by Cannoli » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:54 pm

When trying to export my scenario I get the following error.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Railroads.ScenarioManager.Core.ScenarioSettings.CheckMapFile(String mapFile)
at Railroads.ScenarioManager.Core.ScenarioSettings.Validate(List`1 errors)
at Railroads.ScenarioManager.Core.Scenario.Validate(List`1 errors)
at Railroads.ScenarioManager.ExportForm.cmdOk_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Railroads Scenario Manager
Assembly Version: 3.0.0.1006
Win32 Version: 3.0.0.1006
CodeBase: file:///C:/Railroads%20Scenario%20Manager/Railroads%20Scenario%20Manager.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Railroads.ScenarioManager.Core
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.991
Win32 Version: 2.0.0.991
CodeBase: file:///C:/Railroads%20Scenario%20Manager/Railroads.ScenarioManager.Core.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2 w/.net framework 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 installed.

Thanks!

steve

Post by steve » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:02 pm

I think there could be a problem in the victory conditions buy or build option. It wont let me change the type of industry or the city where it is required

derailed

Re: Scenario Manager 3.0

Post by derailed » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:21 pm

can you replace cristmas scenario with trains good...

Could not find a good named 'Cookies'
bei Railroads.ScenarioManager.Core.TrainGoodCar.FromXml(Scenario scenario, XmlNode node)
bei Railroads.ScenarioManager.Core.EntityLoader.LoadBaseEntity[T](String file, String xPath)
bei Railroads.ScenarioManager.Core.EntityLoader.LoadBaseEntities(Manager manager, ApplicationSettings settings)
bei Railroads.ScenarioManager.Core.Manager.Load()
bei Railroads.ScenarioManager.Program.Main()

my fail couse of Cristmas scenario

Jediron

Post by Jediron » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:47 am

Hello, i try to use your manager, but aldo i made two cities in railroads-terrain editor, saved the city and industry, when i copy /reload the map/xml's into your manager, it stays all the same, i still only see "nameless city" .

What am i missing here?

Huskydog88

Post by Huskydog88 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:16 pm

This program is excellent for viewing everything in a scenario but if i try to add or remove trains and then save it comes up with an unhanded exception error.

Also if i just open the program and don't edit anything and then click the X to close the program it also then gives an unhanded exception error.

I'm currently using windows 7 32bit and wondered if this is what is causing the issue? Or is the program broken and no longer working period.

Any help would be appreciated as I'd like to use this program to to edit the available trains on a few of the scenarios.

Cheers, Nathan.