How to add my own custom Logo

It's not a map? It's not a Train? Share and download the files here
Engioc

How to add my own custom Logo

Post by Engioc » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:22 am

can someone please tell me how I add my own custom logo. I have a jpeg file which I'd like to use as my logo but not sure how to get it in the game.

Dr Frag

Post by Dr Frag » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:48 pm

By default the logos are 128x128 pixels and need to be in DDS format. If you use Photoshop, nVidia has a kewl plugin that can export to the DDS format. Otherwise get a DDS converter.

Here's the basics:
1. Find your SMR user data folder. The default location is C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\. If you have a CustomAssets folder in there then open that and make a Logos folder. (C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\CustomAssets\Logos)
2. Create your logo image and resize it to 128x128, save it as a DDS file with alpha channel (DXT3 format) into the Logos folder. The filename is important. Make sure it is in the format train_decal_xx.dds where xx is the next number in the logo image sequence. The game ships with 21 logos so the next number would be 22 (train_decal_22.dds)
3. Optionally you can make a specularity image (train_decal_22_spec.dds) but it is not required.

DF
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R mobo - Core i7 920
G.SKILL 3x1GB PC3 10666
MSI 8800GT Graphics Card
WD 150GB Raptor System Drive
WinXP Pro SP2 (LANfest Old Gamer Prize)

VirginiaAndTruckee

Re: How to add my own custom Logo

Post by VirginiaAndTruckee » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:00 am

You can also get a plugin for gimp 2 to save and open DDS files. If you copy-paste and then anchor the pasted layer down, you can get files off of anywhere.