Edit end date???

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
Coseno

Edit end date???

Post by Coseno » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:27 pm

Hello everyone!

First of all I would like to thank all of you for the wonderfull job you are doing developing those great maps :D

And my first post is to ask about the end date... Well, I really like the Arabia map by TMILLER (nice job) but as the eras finish I get the chance to exit or keep playing a little bit more but at the end, on year 2111 the game forces me to exit. Ok, how can I change that date? Is that possible? What if I want to play till year 3000? :lol:

I know about the train table mode but I don't like it :|

Thank you guys!

Coseno

Re: Edit end date???

Post by Coseno » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:28 pm

No one? :| how do you create maps?

slider38

Post by slider38 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:07 pm

Look at the game files and find RRT_Scenario_(mapname).xml file. Open it with an xml editor. You will find a list of Eras within it. You can change the end date of the last era to anything you want. That should allow you to play a longer game.
Era_end_date.jpg
Era_end_date.jpg (73.88 KiB) Viewed 13586 times
This is from a test map I use. I can change the eraendyear to anything I want. I use notepad plus plus for xml editing, but you should be able to edit it with several different programs that are available.

Coseno

Post by Coseno » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:45 pm

slider38 thanks for your reply. That was one of the first thing I tried but it did not work... the Arabia map stops on 2111... thank you :wink: