Intercontinental Pack problem

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
darthdroid

Intercontinental Pack problem

Post by darthdroid » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:29 am

So I installed the Intercontinental pack made by WarII I think? And lots of good maps-but it seems to have made my game unstable, lots of sync problems, crashing, etc.

Any way to fix this so I can have it installed but not have instability problems?
-Bob the Lunatic

RockyNarrowGauge

Re: Intercontinental Pack problem

Post by RockyNarrowGauge » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:10 am

Hey, are we on the Strategy section?

No, good, then anyone can answer this question.

http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/sear ... mit=Search

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:08 am

RockyNarrowGauge wrote:Hey, are we on the Strategy section?

Can you give me the bold print? I don't want to read through a big debate between yourself, others and Lowell... I was hoping for a quick answer, like "that version is corrupt, you can get the updated non-crashing version here" or whatever the ultimate answer may be. If you don't want to help, don't pretend to. And if it's really that complicated, then spend your extra keystrokes explaining that instead of being an immature smart ass.

Unlike some people, at least I know my limitations and what I KNOW and what I do NOT KNOW :mrgreen: And I don't pretend to know the map stuff-only a fool pretends to know that which he does not. :wink:
-Bob the Lunatic

RockyNarrowGauge

Post by RockyNarrowGauge » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:36 am

Hey, are we on the Strategy section?

:mrgreen:
Sorry, if I have to be given the name, even after you are being nice, I have to play the part. :wink:

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:43 am

RockyNarrowGauge wrote:Hey, are we on the Strategy section?

:mrgreen:
Sorry, if I have to be given the name, even after you are being nice, I have to play the part. :wink:
At least you proved my point for me lol.
-Bob the Lunatic

brandon

Post by brandon » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:24 am

darthdroid wrote:Can you give me the bold print? I don't want to read through a big debate between yourself, others and Lowell... I was hoping for a quick answer, like "that version is corrupt, you can get the updated non-crashing version here" or whatever the ultimate answer may be. If you don't want to help, don't pretend to. And if it's really that complicated, then spend your extra keystrokes explaining that instead of being an immature smart ass.

Unlike some people, at least I know my limitations and what I KNOW and what I do NOT KNOW :mrgreen: And I don't pretend to know the map stuff-only a fool pretends to know that which he does not. :wink:
Looks to me like you have proved several peoples points yourself -> "immature smart ass". Slipping to name calling is getting a bit low.

Use the search button or PM the author of it, namely Warll. He has a site for it you know.

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:37 am

brandon wrote:
darthdroid wrote:Can you give me the bold print? I don't want to read through a big debate between yourself, others and Lowell... I was hoping for a quick answer, like "that version is corrupt, you can get the updated non-crashing version here" or whatever the ultimate answer may be. If you don't want to help, don't pretend to. And if it's really that complicated, then spend your extra keystrokes explaining that instead of being an immature smart ass.

Looks to me like you have proved several peoples points yourself -> "immature smart ass". Slipping to name calling is getting a bit low.

Use the search button or PM the author of it, namely Warll. He has a site for it you know.
The instigator returns! Brandon, I think you watched too much Woody Woodpecker as a child.
-Bob the Lunatic

brandon

Post by brandon » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:46 am

darthdroid wrote:
brandon wrote:

The instigator returns! Brandon, I think you watched too much Woody Woodpecker as a child.
darthdroid, you asked a question and got an answer that you, and I, thought was uncalled for. But your use of foul language was really uncalled for. How would you like it if all those who you feel dislike you were to use that at you even if you did not?
I simply stated, in one way, that the language was not called for, and let you know one way to find the information you want. And you call me the instigator and insult me.
How do you expect members to change their minds about you when you do such things. If you have a problem with people, ignore them. I do.

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:29 am

brandon wrote:

Use the search button or PM the author of it, namely Warll. He has a site for it you know

darthdroid, you asked a question and got an answer that you, and I, thought was uncalled for. But your use of foul language was really uncalled for. How would you like it if all those who you feel dislike you were to use that at you even if you did not?
I simply stated, in one way, that the language was not called for, and let you know one way to find the information you want. And you call me the instigator and insult me.
How do you expect members to change their minds about you when you do such things. If you have a problem with people, ignore them. I do.

Still instigating? Not happy unless there's a fight huh? And now you actually pretend to be offended on MY BEHALF??? You're priceless.

I'm sorry everyone (and it IS everyone) offends you Brandon-but I don't see how it's my problem. You are the most unhelpful guy on the forum, all you do is insult people-even new people, even people that aren't your brother's enemy. So if that is not the pot calling the kettle black, then I don't know my way around a kitchen.

Lastly-I got a real laugh out of Rocky's response-it still makes me chuckle ("I better act the part then" or whatever he said) That was some sharp wit, the likes I've never seen from you, your brother or the spelling correcting guy that never edits posts except to correct his spelling. So let us be, let Rocky show me his sharp wit and let me get zapped by it in peace. Since you don't appreciate it, I can only assume that you are the most droll, unhappy, far, far, far too serious "16 year old" I have ever seen... but frankly all those things still apply if you're 40 or any other age too.

Now, why don't you search the forum for a noob who has a question, insult them, call them dumb, and pretend to answer their question.
-Bob the Lunatic

Bunit

Post by Bunit » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:02 am

darthdroid wrote:
brandon wrote:

Use the search button or PM the author of it, namely Warll. He has a site for it you know

Still instigating? Not happy unless there's a fight huh? And now you actually pretend to be offended on MY BEHALF??? You're priceless.

I'm sorry everyone (and it IS everyone) offends you Brandon-but I don't see how it's my problem. You are the most unhelpful guy on the forum, all you do is insult people-even new people, even people that aren't your brother's enemy. So if that is not the pot calling the kettle black, then I don't know my way around a kitchen.

Lastly-I got a real laugh out of Rocky's response-it still makes me chuckle ("I better act the part then" or whatever he said) That was some sharp wit, the likes I've never seen from you, your brother or the spelling correcting guy that never edits posts except to correct his spelling. So let us be, let Rocky show me his sharp wit and let me get zapped by it in peace. Since you don't appreciate it, I can only assume that you are the most droll, unhappy, far, far, far too serious "16 year old" I have ever seen... but frankly all those things still apply if you're 40 or any other age too.

Now, why don't you search the forum for a noob who has a question, insult them, call them dumb, and pretend to answer their question.
The Biggest Problem is you Darthroid, You just dont know when to quit. When you can not answer you resort to calling people names (and other things to which I will not even bother to post). You are such a fool, And you yourself deny it so much, that you now beleive your own words.

Even a Noob as you call them would not want to talk to you as the would be in fear of being insulted by you.

I get so much fun watching you mouth off like the fool you are and enjoy seeing you make and idiot of yourself more every day. But it gets beyond a joke when you keep running people down. It now just shows everyone your real nature and how arogant you have become.

And dont expect a reply from me, As you will only Mouth off again with your typical dumb replys that insult everyone over and over again.

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:14 am

Bunit wrote:

The Biggest Problem is you Darthroid, You just dont know when to quit. When you can not answer you resort to calling people names (and other things to which I will not even bother to post). You are such a fool, And you yourself deny it so much, that you now beleive your own words.

Even a Noob as you call them would not want to talk to you as the would be in fear of being insulted by you.

I get so much fun watching you mouth off like the fool you are and enjoy seeing you make and idiot of yourself more every day. But it gets beyond a joke when you keep running people down. It now just shows everyone your real nature and how arogant you have become.

And dont expect a reply from me, As you will only Mouth off again with your typical dumb replys that insult everyone over and over again.

1/ Then why am I the one online that teaches all the noobs to play?

2/ Then why (as a most recent example) in this post about powerplants vs steel mills-when snoopy was proven wrong and took 6 attempts to even get it through his head-suddenly quiet, changed the subject, then attacked me. Oh, he also refused to answer my questions about steel payments and third party pill payments.

Strange, I thought that's what you claimed I did. But it was snoopy that did that. I guess you have some kind of brown colored glasses on-so it cannot be helped.

And I love your final line "don't expect a response from me" bwa ha ha - that's even worse than what you accuse me of, you essentially said "I know you will give a rebuttal I have no reply to, so I'm just warning you now I won't reply but I'm going to pretend it's out of integrity even though that same integrity would have kept me from posting to begin with."
-Bob the Lunatic

brandon

Post by brandon » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:27 am

Error made.
Last edited by brandon on Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:29 am

What is this? tag team arguing? So it takes 4 of you to deal with me and even then....?

No comment on my posts here dear Brandon?
http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/view ... 082#p41082
-Bob the Lunatic

brandon

Post by brandon » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:50 am

darthdroid wrote:
brandon wrote:

Well, I tried to be decent, you just want to insult. This is my 26th post and only one person has offended me now.
As to "all you do is insult people-even new people", you are saying that all 26 posts contain insults.

"Nice building....Scroogeville?
Upload your RRT_Decorations XMl and the files used for this building. Also, where do you have the files located?
From what I've read on the forums, it usally means the file cannot be found by the program. Another possible reason could be a spelling mistake, that has happened in other maps.
As snoopy55 has said many times, check, then check again."

"Could you point me to that, I don't remember it. Was it in the SAMs or in the BB's?
As to a map, I'd like Mexico. Got some ideas for that using a few of the BB's."

"When I started to mess with maps I found this to be helpful:
http://eric.bkbobby.com/media/index.php ... Making_101
It's a bit long, but it may have the info you need. Snoopy55 was good at what he did and seemed to know what this game was all about."

"When you placed the track you must have made a break in the track. If you do not see a gap, you may have overlapped some track.
You can go here -> http://eric.bkbobby.com/ to find some more maps and some quick help."

"Well, since it is asking for those files you must have the second update installed because they are in the Update_1_1_0_00.FPK file. Reinstall the whole game then the updates and see how it plays.
Thank-you snoopy55......gone, but still helpfull."

"Seeing as he is playing the US Northeast standard scenario, unless he has installed one of the global maps or a SAM, the events cannot be the problem.
Only a few of the global maps played with the events. If it is a SAM you have loaded, then you need only remove the SAM and it should be OK.
What do you have for system memory and virtual memory settings?"

"As to the Wiki, yes, it was reinstated. You can find it here: http://eric.bkbobby.com/index.php"

There are 7 of them. Now follow your claim through and show me the insults there and/or in the rest of my posts. And do not count yourself.

You won't because you can't.

You can go ahead and reply to this post, I will read it, but with you I'll follow my own advice and hope others will also - "If you have a problem with people, ignore them. I do."

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:55 am

brandon wrote:See above :shock:

You're a bit full of it Brandon, that last quote is the furthest thing from your character or behavior... now I know you are HOLDING BACK towards a "greater good" or a "secret plan" but I think we know each other pretty well at this point. We're both educated, neither of us is 16, we're both very smart-yet think we're a little smarter than we really are, and neither of us likes to turn down a fight. I can admit those things can you? For example:

Okay, If I used the word "always" or something, I take it back. Allow me to resort to specifics: When addressing someone other than your crew, you tend to have a very sharp tongue, an underlying meanness and impatience and have a bit of a rude demeanor... kind of like on the end of some posts it should have the word "stupid!" at the end.

Oh I forgot a major difference between us though: you think lying is okay. Like changing posts before you make a new post that would be proven incorrect by those previous posts... I don't change my posts, I don't doctor PMs, I don't lie. I'm okay with my shortcomings and I'm okay with them being out there for folks to see - in short, I'm okay with being human. You don't know what that quality is like, maybe when you turn 17... who knows.
-Bob the Lunatic