crash when editing

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
teej72

crash when editing

Post by teej72 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:58 pm

I'm real new at this and all I am looking to do is get the cities, towns and villages to behave the same in my custom map as in the in game scenarios. Example: a town should demand food, a city furniture, etc...

Everytime I edit the cities xml file and try and play, the game crashes. Anyone know why this is? All I did was change the name of a city. I have uninstalled the holliday scenario as a precaution and am using MS word to edit.

Also, how do I use other train/ goods set in the editor instead of just northeast. I'd like to do a custome map and make beer!

Thanks in advance!

brandon

Re: crash when editing

Post by brandon » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:48 am

When I started to mess with maps I found this to be helpful:
http://eric.bkbobby.com/media/index.php ... Making_101

It's a bit long, but it may have the info you need. Snoopy55 was good at what he did and seemed to know what this game was all about.

Lowell

Re: crash when editing

Post by Lowell » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:16 pm

I'm real new at this and all I am looking to do is get the cities, towns and villages to behave the same in my custom map as in the in game scenarios. Example: a town should demand food, a city furniture, etc...
Inside the Cities.xml text you will see the requirements for each type of city/town. All you do is add whatever you want the city level to have/use.

Notepad++ or explorer can open xml text lists. There you can "see" easy enough how to copy/paste items to the list.

I can also post an example here if you wish.