Realism Mods?

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
Bleser

Realism Mods?

Post by Bleser » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:30 pm

Hello all,

Has anyone out there created/posted a realism mod that I've overlooked?

I'm specifically looking for a mod that changes the maintenance costs of the trains. The current values make upgrading to some of the diesels pointless since it makes them more expensive to maintain than the steam engines!

Also, a 120 MPH GP? WTF? Odd.

dwax

Re: Realism Mods?

Post by dwax » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:04 pm

Just go get a money trainer. :lol: And it's easy to change the max speed on all engines.
Attachments
RailRoads.v1.10.+3.Trainer.zip
(195.61 KiB) Downloaded 561 times

Bleser

Post by Bleser » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:02 pm

dwax wrote:Just go get a money trainer. :lol: And it's easy to change the max speed on all engines.
How do I change an engine's max speed? And where can I change the base maintenance costs?

Here is what I envision:

F-Series Diesel remains the same speed/power, but has 1/3 the maintenance cost of same-era steam.

GP-Series Diesel lowered to ~55MPH max speed, but keeps power and has 1/4 maintenance cost as same-era big steam.

Etc...

dwax

Post by dwax » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:25 pm

Open up the User Maps folder on yhe one you want to change. Then find RRT_Trains and open with note pad or Note Pad plus and look for: <Speed0>9</Speed0> <MaxSpeed>10</MaxSpeed> The higher the number the faster it will go. Now look for :<MaintenanceCost>3500</MaintenanceCost>
I never have changed this, I would suppose if you lower it, will cost less.

Bleser

Post by Bleser » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:24 pm

dwax wrote:Open up the User Maps folder on yhe one you want to change. Then find RRT_Trains and open with note pad or Note Pad plus and look for: <Speed0>9</Speed0> <MaxSpeed>10</MaxSpeed> The higher the number the faster it will go. Now look for :<MaintenanceCost>3500</MaintenanceCost>
I never have changed this, I would suppose if you lower it, will cost less.
Thanks, much appreciated. I've worked with XML-based editing before so I should be able to figure it out.