tORANYE mAP

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
Lowell

Re: tORANYE mAP

Post by Lowell » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:24 am

Oh okay, I thought you meant the smoke and water ripples. That is cool you made it move. Although I placed it on both this map and mud skippers and saw no animations other than the crane and cargo containers fading in and out. There was also no building on the dock in the ship model he used. Do you have a new set of files for that model?

How many keyframes did it take? Also I was wondering about how the crane lifts the containers on the dock. They get turned sideways and half bury into the concrete. Has that been fixed too? I was going to look at the rotation numbers on the container that gets lifted and level it out. I will need to turn one into a steel cargo ship.

Very nice work.

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:35 am

Lowell wrote:Oh okay, I thought you meant the smoke and water ripples. That is cool you made it move. Although I placed it on both this map and mud skippers and saw no animations other than the crane and cargo containers fading in and out. There was also no building on the dock in the ship model he used. Do you have a new set of files for that model?

How many keyframes did it take? Also I was wondering about how the crane lifts the containers on the dock. They get turned sideways and half bury into the concrete. Has that been fixed too? I was going to look at the rotation numbers on the container that gets lifted and level it out. I will need to turn one into a steel cargo ship.

Very nice work.
Yes....Now Cargo Ship can be move..... :D
They are using 492 key frames to translations (moved), it is made by 3dsmax, so if you do not have the ability with 3ds max you can't do anything with those models, I encourage you to immediately learn 3dsmax, just a couple weeks I'm sure you can do it..... :lol:
Rodea2007 ( http://rodea2007.yolasite.com )
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/rodea2007
Note Book TOSHIBA SATELLITE L645
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

LoneBoy

Post by LoneBoy » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:27 pm

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:48 pm

LoneBoy wrote:Image
There are very useful information about two countries they are Indonesia and Bosnia Herzegovina..... :D
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:43 pm

3D Max isn't needed. The keyframes can be made in Vue 'd Esprit 7, Lightwave or Blender, then saved out to the 3DS file format, then the nif and kfms can be made in Blender just fine.
I will most likely buy max by the summer but for other reasons than this game as mine will be the newest version.
I know you bought yours for next to nothing, but here is the USA it costs over four thousand dollars to get the app and a good portion of the add-ons. Plus...the only version that can be legally purchased now from AutoDesk is V9 and above. The Nif scripts are not for V9. So you would have to use Blender in the future anyway if you do not own the old versions. Anyone that owns an old version keep it as they have upgraded theirs as I have Lightwave from v5.1 to now 9.1. Keyframes can be made anywhere, they just need to be saved out as the 3DS format is all and several apps can save in 3DS.

But like I mentioned, the model he has for this map, doesn't have those animations...and the crane that lifts the cargo container, flips the container on it's side and drops it on the concrete going below the surface of the concrete platform. Also the BuildUp kfm is missing from his files. There is a build up nif file, but that isn't a kfm. When I tried to place the build up nif file as the animation for the model the model crashes out the game...so I removed that line and only have the base model listed. No grow animation as it will cause a ctd. That is why I asked if you had a newer version than what he used here on this map. Or maybe we are missing something in our files. :?:

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:58 am

Lowell wrote:3D Max isn't needed. The keyframes can be made in Vue 'd Esprit 7, Lightwave or Blender, then saved out to the 3DS file format, then the nif and kfms can be made in Blender just fine.
I will most likely buy max by the summer but for other reasons than this game as mine will be the newest version.
I know you bought yours for next to nothing, but here is the USA it costs over four thousand dollars to get the app and a good portion of the add-ons. Plus...the only version that can be legally purchased now from AutoDesk is V9 and above. The Nif scripts are not for V9. So you would have to use Blender in the future anyway if you do not own the old versions. Anyone that owns an old version keep it as they have upgraded theirs as I have Lightwave from v5.1 to now 9.1. Keyframes can be made anywhere, they just need to be saved out as the 3DS format is all and several apps can save in 3DS.
May be you are right, about not needed 3ds max, with note you have ability with others 3d software..... :D
I have 3 versions of 3ds max that are 3dsmax 7, 3ds max8 and 3ds max 2009, all of that software can be use to design all model for this game, just unfortunaly 3dsmax 2009 not supported yet by plugins that called Civilization IV plugin for 3ds max, so I always using 3dsmax 8 to design or redisign model for this game.
A fact you can use demo version from 3ds max, that demo have ability as the same with full version just have limited times ( but if you want I can give you Serial Number to make it Full Version ( just it illegal.... :lol: )
Lowell wrote: But like I mentioned, the model he has for this map, doesn't have those animations...and the crane that lifts the cargo container, flips the container on it's side and drops it on the concrete going below the surface of the concrete platform. Also the BuildUp kfm is missing from his files. There is a build up nif file, but that isn't a kfm. When I tried to place the build up nif file as the animation for the model the model crashes out the game...so I removed that line and only have the base model listed. No grow animation as it will cause a ctd. That is why I asked if you had a newer version than what he used here on this map. Or maybe we are missing something in our files. :?:
If the port model doesn't have animation, I guess you may be missing some files (kf file), check it again.
About Build up model, please use warfactory_buildup.kfm, until to be found where the error occurred
By the way Lowell if you have the money as much as four thousand dollars may be better you come to Indonesia, staying for a week and when you come back to your Country you can bring 3 sets of 3ds max Full version..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:26 pm

Hahaha

Well I would love to visit Indonesia :D I like the art-work done there. I always thought it would be cool to be siting on a deck having a cool drink and then seeing an elephant walk by. Just not on my lawn...they might make too big a mess to cleanup. :D

I forgot to mention Gmax it is free. I can't remember if it has the nif scripts or not. I am using Gmax with the Trainz additions right now modeling a GE E-33 Virginian. I have two versions of Gmax. Blender is free and the Nif scripts work fine. It can also make animation frames and save them out as Kfms. Blender may be even easier for new people to use and understand, they have an extensive library of video tutorials that are invaluable to be sure. I use them all the time.

As to the port and cargo ship model, all we had was the model that is in his files. Remember we don't use global lists for items and the game won't have past game models except the default game models. So anything, I mean anything that the cargo ship model needs must be given out, or it just won't work as you intended. It's like with self-contained maps, you have to re-package the whole lot...ever map...every time.