Lowell

Re: tORANYE mAP

Post by Lowell » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:58 pm

Good deal...glad you found it. :)

LoneBoy

Post by LoneBoy » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:22 am

map still crashing....
game is crashing when i develop a lot, then it is crashing every 3-5 minutes, i dont undesrstand why, memory meter shows only 20% memory used. Im gonna kill myself.

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:46 am

Im gonna kill myself.
:lol:

I will load it today and run it. I'll find it. 8)

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:54 am

First off I see Tenders listed in the train cars list. Are you providing the game models for the tenders? They must be provided as the standard game has no tenders. Otherwise you have to remove the tender listings as they will cause the game to crash if not provided.

Also on the scenario train car list, you only list the title of the train car...all full listings must be on the global train cars list. Listing the full list on the scenario lists will cause a crash. Full lists on the global lists only.

Tenders get a full listing but Only in the global list. None get listed in the scenario train car list.

I see the basin and range cars listed but they don't look correct. The entries at the bottom need removed that have all the comments on them.
I will have to read through this much deeper.

...still digging.

LoneBoy

Post by LoneBoy » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:44 am

Could u edit traincars_xml, and send it, to see what to do. 10x bro.

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:28 am

Well I had to rebuild allot of items.
You had two entries for; the wood car, pass car, textile car, milk car.
Arms isn't used...removed for now. Abrams Arms being used.
Fuel Oil, needs a global entry in order to work, temp removed Fuel Oil and replaced with Manufactured Goods to get it to load. Fuel Oil can be added later, then maybe the cities that get cars will start to want fuel. It can be added later.
Meat was still wanted by the cities. Removed till you make global entries for the new good.
Beer was an industry but no cities wanted it. You also missed several train cars...added.
For the milk car, I used the Borden's car, instead of the double default milk car which I removed.
A few items were listed twice throughout the lists. I wrote everything down and checked them off one at a time.

I had to do quite some digging. I will look at it more in a few hours. Oh...you had two types of passenger car sets, I used the SF cars and removed the default set.
One car per good. Couple typos...like AbramsArms should be Abrams Arms. Yup...the game wants to see that space if it is part of a name.

Oh...you had a RRT_Goods.xml list inside your Custom Assets folder, then another one inside the FPK Plus the one you had in with the map files. So I removed it from the FPKs assets. The game only will read One. All global xml lists can stay inside the map folder with the scenario xml lists. If you keep all your xml lists inside the one map folder, they cannot get messed up that way and it is so much easier to find and correct. Location folder/file not needed...removed.

Almost there... :D ...then I will post the files so you can download the map files.

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:36 pm

You are missing several train cars. I used the default cars for...textiles, Manf. Goods, Milk, Abrams Arm car missing, using default arms car for now as well as the default cars for the other items. Those train car models are not in the files.
Several entries needed correcting, something was incorrect with that Iron Mine, corrected that.

There is still something that causes it to crash out. I am stepping out for dinner, will continue when I return.

If you could go through all your train cars you wanted to use, make sure you have all the new models files you want to use, zip those up and post them here if you wish and I will add the new cars for you. As right now, the missing ones were replaced with default cars for each that was missing.

The Rodea_Cargo_Port_buildup.kfm file doesn't exist. There is a Rodea_Cargo_Port_buildup.nif but nif files only point to the animation list of a kfm. So I removed the buildup line for that model till I get the map to load correctly, then we can look into the build up animation if it is still needed.

Closer...
A hint...next time add one Industry-good-train car at a time. That way if any of the three have an issue, you don't have to edit the world to find it. Itis so much easier to build maps "slowly" add one item at a time, then move forward. Adding fifty industries and goods all at once is a nightmare... :D

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:50 am

Lowell wrote:You are missing several train cars. I used the default cars for...textiles, Manf. Goods, Milk, Abrams Arm car missing, using default arms car for now as well as the default cars for the other items. Those train car models are not in the files.
did you have Toranye.FPK in CustomAssets Folder Lowell??
because Toranya.FPK provided supports files for Abrams Arm Car, so If you are missing Abrams Car supporting files that means you didn't have Toranye.FPK in CustomAssets Folder.
Lowell wrote:
Several entries needed correcting, something was incorrect with that Iron Mine, corrected that.
Iron Mine is using Coal Mine Model as his model, just reskin by iron_mine_diff.dds. So do not need any corrections for him,
Lowell wrote: The Rodea_Cargo_Port_buildup.kfm file doesn't exist. There is a Rodea_Cargo_Port_buildup.nif but nif files only point to the animation list of a kfm. So I removed the buildup line for that model till I get the map to load correctly, then we can look into the build up animation if it is still needed.
Yes ....you are right, I guess Loneboy has forgotten to placed Rodea_Cargo_Port_buildup.kfm in Toranye.FPK, but you can use warfactory_buildup.kfm as szGrowKFM file
Rodea2007 ( http://rodea2007.yolasite.com )
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/rodea2007
Note Book TOSHIBA SATELLITE L645
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:26 am

The Iron Mine build up KFM was wrong. I rebuilt it from the Gold Mines files and it works now. The Metal Factory, was still named Factory inside the KFMs and Build Up Kfms so it also crashed...I fixed that as well.

We just about have it fixed up.
He needs to decide what size map he wants, the first set of map files has a size 15 map, the second set of map files has a size 12 map set.

Oh...by the way Rodea, I like the new updated version you made with your Cargo tanker. I would like to use that on a couple maps and replace the old version I have.

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:32 am

Lowell wrote:The Iron Mine build up KFM was wrong. I rebuilt it from the Gold Mines files and it works now. The Metal Factory, was still named Factory inside the KFMs and Build Up Kfms so it also crashed...I fixed that as well.
Maybe be you are correct, but I have replaced iron_mine.kfm with Coal_Mine.kfm by renamed Coal_Mine.kfm to iron_mine.kfm and replaced iron_mine_buildup.kfm with coal_mine_buildup.kfm then I was replace too ironmill.kfm with steelmill.kfm and ironmill_build_up.kfm replaced with steelmill_build_up.kfm, just play Train Tables mode until all cities and all industries connected without CTD (see to picture below)

only a little problem that is this map have textile but no cities and industries needed
Lowell wrote: Oh...by the way Rodea, I like the new updated version you made with your Cargo tanker. I would like to use that on a couple maps and replace the old version I have.
Thanks, that cargo is now have animation, but still trial, if already finish I can post them here, If you still want to use them that have no animation you can PM or email me
Attachments
toranye2.jpg
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:49 am

Yes, I used the Gold Mine BuildUp and the Creation file as well. The main Nif was okay but the main KFM needed replaced. I saved it by renaming it at the end as _Broken.kfm inside the Action listings there were two for track 1 two for 2 and two for three and no line for the unhidden animation. So I just replaced it. I just used all the four main files from the Gold Mine and tested it on a blank map, seemed to grow and animate in the editor for all three levels so it should be okay now...as well as the Metal Factory.
He wants to use Meat so I will make him a global good for it...the food car can transport it. He also wants Fuel Oil, I think CIV4 has an icon for that. It would be cool to have for the cities when the cities accept automobiles. So a new good of Fuel Oil or Gasoline will be made. Yeah...he added textiles, and I found the m1abrams car, I was looking under the A's for Arms instead of the ms for m1abrams car :oops: :) All the train cars seemed fine.

The map kept crashing out even when all the new stuff had been backed out off the map and only default game industries and goods were listed. Sop I am rebuilding the base industry lists from the games files from ProgramFiles/2K Games...etc as those I know have no typos in them...then I will add the new stuff one at a time to make sure.

This is going to be a good scenario. I like the map he made, good job. So there will be a size 12 and a size 15 of the same map and scenario.

Oh...I added the water ripples and smoke on the older model I used, so I can add them to your new model okay. It will look better than the old version till I get my new models finished. Thanks.

EDIT// All better now. Rebuilt and found several more items. Running fine now.
Attachments
SMRailroads!0000.png

LoneBoy

Post by LoneBoy » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:44 pm

O my God, thkx 4 help. When we finish this map, i will rebuild Toran War Map, too. O i am happy totally.

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:50 pm

Lowell wrote: Oh...by the way Rodea, I like the new updated version you made with your Cargo tanker. I would like to use that on a couple maps and replace the old version I have.
See to the pictures below.... :arrow:
Those are Rodea Container Port with Cargo Ship Animated
Attachments
port4.jpg
port3.jpg
port2.jpg
port1.jpg
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:14 pm

WOW! that looks cool!
Thomas
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING US RULES FORUM MODERATORS!
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

http://www.homescda.com/

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:49 am

Burlington_Northern_3140 wrote:WOW! that looks cool!
Thanks, it's just trial end error need more times to make it perfect
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB