Hoping a modder will help me

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
darthdroid

Hoping a modder will help me

Post by darthdroid » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:38 am

I think this would have been better placed in Mods-Misc., but for whatever reason, there was no option for a "new topic".

I was wondering if anyone had built any icons or methods for adding "tourism" as an industry. For example, a ski town. Such that some kind of goods could be shipped. Perhaps skiiers could be shipped into the town to go skiing as an actual resource different than passengers. And somehow revenue could be generated from the ski area itself, perhaps just an increased ratio of income for owning that industry.

I just know that I don't know anything about this and was hoping the experts who had already thought about things like this might chime in and give their thoughts. It would just be nice for geographic maps to get as specific as possible. Even when the good is not a shippable good but more of a service of some sort eh?
-Bob the Lunatic

vzbob

Re: Hoping a modder will help me

Post by vzbob » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:46 am

darthdroid wrote:I think this would have been better placed in Mods-Misc., but for whatever reason, there was no option for a "new topic".

I was wondering if anyone had built any icons or methods for adding "tourism" as an industry. For example, a ski town. Such that some kind of goods could be shipped. Perhaps skiiers could be shipped into the town to go skiing as an actual resource different than passengers. And somehow revenue could be generated from the ski area itself, perhaps just an increased ratio of income for owning that industry.

I just know that I don't know anything about this and was hoping the experts who had already thought about things like this might chime in and give their thoughts. It would just be nice for geographic maps to get as specific as possible. Even when the good is not a shippable good but more of a service of some sort eh?
these have been made and used in certain Maps and you can see them in this thread http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/view ... =50&t=2427

snoopy55

Re: Hoping a modder will help me

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:51 am

Go thru the Construction Set forum and check out the various types of Building Blocks. And if you can come up with an idea, post it and one of us may get around to looking into it. I'm getting close to finishing what i have to do, and new ideas are always welcome.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....