Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 5

Rodea2007

RODEA2007 BUILDING BLOCKS

Post by Rodea2007 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:16 am

I have plan to uploaded all mods as I created or edited into this forum in one thread it's call "RODEA2007 BUILDINGS BLOCKS", but before that thread can be uploaded I want to the members this forum gived a comment or opinion about What is thread needed by this forum. I will see in Monday and decided what will do make that thread or not...... :?
Rodea2007 ( http://rodea2007.yolasite.com )
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/rodea2007
Note Book TOSHIBA SATELLITE L645
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

dwax

Re: RODEA2007 BUILDING BLOCKS

Post by dwax » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:54 am

Yes I think you should,but your bigger maps to RapidShare or another host. I want to play your new map with the new engines. :D :mrgreen:

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:30 am

Dwax, again, off subject. This is about Building Blocks.

In my opinion, I would put them with the other Building Blocks, in the same style. Not because I started it, but because it prevents the hunting for things. You misunderstood me when I brought up the ones you posted in Construction Set. It was because they were posted in the Discussion part. The whole idea of how and where they were posted was to keep all of one type together, and in the same style:

What type it is (Industry, Engine, TrainCar etc)
What it is (Bank, MW GP38-2, Fuel Car, etc)
The file.
A picture.

The Buildings were done in the Photo map and most of the rest from NifSkope with a certain color background for each one.

But, it's up to you and the others opinion as to how you do yours.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:39 pm

I have used Rodea's building blocks.It will be coming in a new map in the making.
For organization standpoint Snoopy is making a valid point.
We have a discussion going on right now in an other thread about the confusion in the postings.
Therefore to place the Buildig blocks in the same thread makes sense.
I suggest that Rodea's creations should be marked:(for example)
BB_RODEA_New_Building.XLM
and if Lowell would consent to participate in this worthwhile project:
BB_LOWELL_Florida_Train.XML.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Jancsika :wink: :wink:

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:55 pm

Now we come to stepping on toes.....

First, I am NOT picking on anyone, and if it is taken that way, I'm off the subject and it's up to the rest of you. As a matter of fact, this post will disappear....

Does a Distribution Center made by Jimmy need to be posted because he took the one posted by George and called it a Distribution Warehouse? Does a Fishery get posted because it now gathers Cod and is called a Cod Fishery? If Rodea created it and Lowell used it, but changed the Goods it handled, does this mean the new one is his and it needs to be posted?

A change in Goods handled does not make a new Building Block. Nor does a change in color if it is done to handle the same thing. An exception to this would be a Mine that handles an ore that is a different type and so a different color. In order to post something you would need to search thru what is available to be sure it or a close version is not already posted.

As to putting the persons name on it, does this mean that I have to go thru the existing ones and put the authors name on each one? Having the name on the post is really un-needed. To have the first two lines as:

<BB_Football_Manufacturer>
<Created by snoopy55>

should be good enough.

I myself have a certain way the XML is constructed, as in:

<bIsCoastal>0</bIsCoastal>
<bIsMountainous>0</bIsMountainous>
<bInCity>1</bInCity>
<bInForests>0</bInForests>
<bHasFields>0</bHasFields>

Also, the InCity Industries are written so that they can be used as Annex Industries also, which may be used by mappers later.

What I'm trying for, and I stress 'trying', is to keep the posts simple. They are not done to advertise what I have done, or what anyone else has done. They are there for another to use. I would hope that the style and layout of the posts are kept the same, but each to his own.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:24 am

Ok Guy's this poll has ended, more than 70 views only 5 persons was given opinion, that is less than 10%, so I guess I'm not need to make Rodea2007 Building Block in this forum. So...those mods will be posted together with my new map in the next time, but if you want to use those mods in your map before I posted you can email me and I will to send to your email
Rodea2007 ( http://rodea2007.yolasite.com )
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/rodea2007
Note Book TOSHIBA SATELLITE L645
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit