A discussion on SAM maps....

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
Rodea2007

Re: A discussion on SAM maps....

Post by Rodea2007 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:16 am

Tactician wrote: i really dont know what your argueing about but it wont scare me away :D however i must add i HATE those maps that you have to delete every other map to play, thats nothing but a hassel, and i have refused to even try them out, none of my maos will be that way, i dont think that is necessary for a good map, nothig but a big hassel
If you really didn't know what we argueing, that's better and as new comer in this forum I suggest to you to do not make statements about what we argueing and only concentrate to make new mods to this game.... :twisted:
Rodea2007 ( http://rodea2007.yolasite.com )
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/rodea2007
Note Book TOSHIBA SATELLITE L645
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Pete

Post by Pete » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:05 pm

Tactician:
If your one of the few here that can install the maps in the regular manner and play them without crashing, then by all means, enjoy them.
Unfortunately, because of the coding of the game, thats not the case for most. If you had been here over the last 2 years, you would have seen many, many people completely frustrated; finally throwing the game in the garbage. Look at the number of people signed up for this forum; and then see how many are still around.
The stand alone maps were created by a dedicated few, who refused to give up, and they play flawlessly.
Sure; it's a bit of a hassle, but if you knew how many people had to reload their game every 25 minutes, over and over again, you would appreciate the reason for it.

As I say; if your crash-free; enjoy the game, and please post your work. We need people like you to add their expertise.

Pete

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:13 pm

Nobody's maps are being stolen......
No not stolen, you misunderstand.

I made Florida Gold and there is a map thread on the Mod Maps area of the forum. If you have a question or comment, anyone can post there and I will respond.

Now...let's say I made the F/G files in the old global fashion and it needs converted to a self-contained file system. The new converted files belong on my map thread for that "named" project.

Maps were converted and then placed on a totally different thread far away from the main map thread. Now you may take anything I make, then build you own versions or whatever I don't care. But name your project something different than my projects name. Simple. That way we don't trash other's maps, or confuse players.

Now is that too much to ask, not to trash an artist's work? Take everything and use all game content as you wish, just rename your projects to a new name and give any credit you think you need to give for others etc.

That is what we have been talking about. Moving projects from their master thread, multiple posts for the same named maps.

Pete

Post by Pete » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:01 pm

Lowell;
You have made the point.........countless times.
Stop dragging around the dead horse; and bury it.

At first, the maps that were converted, were put in a SAM map folder. Now, they are being posted to the top of the original mapmakers post; therein keeping it with the originator. I believe even you have said this is acceptable.
Those few of us left here, are just trying to get some enjoyment from the game.
If confusion existed in the past, I believe everyone is fully aware of it; but I hope we've reached a point now were we are on the right path.
You've been around here long enough to know what people have gone through, trying to get this pig to work.
I've got your Florida Gold installed. Good map.
I've got SAM's installed. They run flawlessly.
This is the end result we've been looking for.
Put the past to bed;
It's history.....deceased.........gone to meet it's maker.

Pete

Tactician

Post by Tactician » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:11 pm

Rodea2007 wrote:
Tactician wrote: i really dont know what your argueing about but it wont scare me away :D however i must add i HATE those maps that you have to delete every other map to play, thats nothing but a hassel, and i have refused to even try them out, none of my maos will be that way, i dont think that is necessary for a good map, nothig but a big hassel
If you really didn't know what we argueing, that's better and as new comer in this forum I suggest to you to do not make statements about what we argueing and only concentrate to make new mods to this game.... :twisted:
are you always an ***?

Pete

Post by Pete » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:38 pm

Tactician;
I think what Rodea was saying (in his command of English) is don't get involved in the bickering; stick to what you do best.
If you have downloaded Rodea's "West Sumatera map" you'll see the fantastic contribution he's made to this forum.

Pete

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:50 pm

Pete wrote:Tactician;
I think what Rodea was saying (in his command of English) is don't get involved in the bickering; stick to what you do best.
If you have downloaded Rodea's "West Sumatera map" you'll see the fantastic contribution he's made to this forum.

Pete
Yes, it is a good idea not to get into an arguement with anybody.
Thomas
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING US RULES FORUM MODERATORS!
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

http://www.homescda.com/

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:14 pm

Lowell-8-24-'08 wrote:Everything has been corrected, so you don't need to bother talking anymore about this issue.
Pete with all respect I have already said that very thing. You also missed the point that I was told that I could not post my CIC maps on this forum...that "my maps" had to be made to run inside SMRI. This was before Sams had been loaded on this forum...as CICs were first. They are way too big and have way too much new content to run properly in that map group.

All is forgiven...let's get over this and make a happy forum, you don't need to point that out to me, as I have said three million times to stop the argueing...all I wanted to do is post some work for this game on this forum, my maps would fail and I figured out a way to get maps to run error free in this game, and then I was told I could not post them on this forum at that time. I went right away and posted the first one before it was ready just in spite, as I don't like to be told what to do except the wife get's away with it. :D

Time to move on...please.