Starting Industries in Cities

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
Dameon

Starting Industries in Cities

Post by Dameon » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:34 pm

I've just started making my own scenarios and editing the .XML files. I've got most everything to work so far but I keep having a problem with the starting industries in cities. What, if anything, do I have to edit so that I can start cities without and industries or with only one or two or my choice (set for the scenario)? Currently I have the issue of when I start a game every city has at least 3 random industries in it already and some have 4 to 5 industries.

snoopy55

Re: Starting Industries in Cities

Post by snoopy55 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:26 pm

What you have to do is tell the game which Industries you want in which towns. For a simple example, download and install Rusia. Go into the RRT_Industries_Rusia.xml file and look at the seecond Industry, Cannery. You use the opening line, <RRTIndustry>, then the Industry name line, <szName>Cannery</szName>, the location group opening line,
<Locations>, then the location set:

<Location>
<StartX>406</StartX>
<StartY>386</StartY>
<Rotation>45.000004</Rotation>
<Size>0</Size>
<InCity>TAG_CITY_NAME_KHARBIN</InCity>
</Location>

The first and last line of that are required. For the StartX and StartY, just use the City location of where you want it. Rotation has no meaning here, so just give it a 0. The size is 0, 1 or 2, which sets it as small, medium or large. The last line is the most important. Here you put the cities Tag, just as it is in your RRT_Cities XML. The last line closes the set. Put any other city locations you want, or none, and close the group with </Locations>, and the Industry with </RRTIndustry>.

That will do it.

If you put even one location into your Industries XML you have to locate ALL of the out-of-city Industries you want on your map. Read the thread called 'Map Making 101' 2 threads above this one for a bit clearer information.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....