Mod Testing Map

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
snoopy55

Mod Testing Map

Post by snoopy55 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:22 am

First off, this map was not made for playing! It was simply edited to allow the testing of new Mods.

This map basicly contains the minimum contents to test out new Mods, 2 each Villages, Towns, Cities and Metropolises along with 4 Annexes that handle the four types of Industry placements, IsMountainous (Coal Mine), IsCoastal (Fishery), InForests (Lumber Mill) and HasFields (Grain Farm). The required Goods, Secondary Industries and Train Cars are also included. I didn't include any Third Level Industries, so if you need to check one of those out, add it yourself. Secondaries are not placed since you can do that when you check out your map. The use of my Analyzer difficulty level will allow the testing of a Mod without any real time being needed.
When you add Mods to this, put the full code in the XMLs, this way you can access the code easier and you aren't playing with the GLOBALS and possibly messing them up.
Also, some things in a new map can be edited and checked out if you save your map at the correct spot. In changing car colors I was able to save the map, edit the cars DDS file and restart from the save. Some things cannot be changed, and the finding of those will take trial and error.
When you test out a Mod, change all the required parts, the Depot, Goods, Industries and Train Cars.
Checking of Secondary Goods being delivered to Cities will also require editing of the Cities XML. Simply add the following lines to one of the City types:

<Resource>
<Input>Food</Input>
<Output>None</Output>
<InputOutputRatio>0.0</InputOutputRatio>
<MaxStorage>0.0</MaxStorage>
</Resource>

Of course change the Input to match what you are want the City to recieve.

I'm figuring that you have a bit of knowledge about XML editing.

If anything doesn't make sense, there are any questions or things that need to be added to the map or this post, let me know and I'll deal with it. When it appears to be working smoothly I'll put it in the Wiki.

:twisted:
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....