XML´s needed for Modding and Mapping

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
PaF-Daddy

XML´s needed for Modding and Mapping

Post by PaF-Daddy » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:47 pm

Here is the beginning of all xml s you need for doin some maps and mods.
Would be great if you reply some new xml´s or additions and of course corrections!

The most important xml´s are:

RRT_Scenario.xml --> content is everything from start date, Currency, different era´s and winning conditions to AI names and much more. THe most important thing in it is the Listing about the other XML´s

RRT_Cities.xml --> content is the kind of the different "City states" from village upto metropolis. in this xml is every City included with its name, Position, Era dependent Music, size .... and so on.

RRT_Names.xml --> content is every city Tag with its name. Most important file coz here the ingame City Names are listed

RRT_Trains.xml --> Simply the listing about which trains are used in the Map

RRT_Traincars.xml --> Needed for the traincars. If some cars not avialable in your map you have to add them here.

RRT_Goods.xml --> contains the goods for supply and demand for the cities. And for the producers like grainfarms. Then you need the good grain.

RRT_Industries.xml --> contains all buildable industries in a city and such buildable stations in near of coal mines or grain farms

RRT_Depots.xml --> needed to build the depots "physically". Also needed for Industries coz it helds the annexes for them. Like Coal Mine

RRT_Events.xml --> Randomly created events can be found here. Like Booms and economy crisis

Kindest Regards

PaF Daddy

PaF-Daddy

Post by PaF-Daddy » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:39 am

If you want to add an industry like fishery you have to do several things:

Go in to your RRT_industry.xml
I use WorPad for it.

you have to add these lines:
<RRTIndustry>
<szName>Fishery</szName>
</RRTIndustry>
<RRTIndustry>
<szName>Cannery</szName>
</RRTIndustry>
Then open up your RRT_Depots.xml and add these:
<Depot>
<szName>Fishery Annex</szName>
</Depot>
After that open up your RRT_Goods.xml and add:
<Good>
<szName>Fish</szName>
</Good>
The last step is to modify your traincars RRT_Traincars.xml and add:
<TrainCar>
<szName>Fish Car</szName>
</TrainCar>
Now you can build a "fishstation". The good "fish" is avialable. You can use the fishcars and buil up cannary´s to make fish to food!

That isnt too much. Go in to your Custom maps folder and open up your map and then you find all xml´s

Created Maps via ingame terrain editor are nice but the xml´s there are NOT modifyable with wordpad!

Thats why i took MyMap.tga and MyMap.dds to a new folder and i wrote all xml´s new. The needed xml´s are listed in the first post.

Kindest Regards
PaF Daddy
I love Locos and Eve Online

Creator of a huge germany map in english and in german. Look into the map section!