Germany (some fixes) and "Orient Express"

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
Lama

Germany (some fixes) and "Orient Express"

Post by Lama » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:12 pm

Thanks to akmad's editor, I have been able to make two scenarios, based on existing maps.

1) Orient Express
2) Lama's Germany
Attachments
Orient_Express_SAM.zip
(3.25 MiB) Downloaded 400 times
Orient_Express.jpg
Orient_Express.jpg (18.24 KiB) Viewed 12597 times
Orient_Express.zip
(1017.04 KiB) Downloaded 430 times
Setup_Orient_Express_1.0.zip
(53.76 KiB) Downloaded 426 times
Lamas_Germany_SAM.zip
(8.82 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
Lamas_Germany.jpg
Lamas_Germany.jpg (18.24 KiB) Viewed 12600 times
Lamas_Germany.zip
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 399 times
Setup_Lamas_Germany_1.0.zip
(54.54 KiB) Downloaded 402 times

JohnnyK

Re: Germany (some fixes) and "Orient Express"

Post by JohnnyK » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:07 am

Lama wrote:I renamed cities or corrected spelling
Haven't tested yours yet, but have you corrected "Weis" to "WeLs"? Actually, the better city for that area would be "Linz" which is about 4 times as big as Wels (and always was a steel center).

Lama

Post by Lama » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:38 am

I noticed the misspelling of Wels, and had Linz in mind when I renamed it, but accidentally went with "Graz", instead. That would be something to fix in a version 2.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:26 am

Lama,
Loaded up your 'Orient Express' and it runs fine. When I opened up my Scenario Manager it showed up red with an error as follows:

An error occured while loading the scenario.
Could not find base scenario 'RRT_Scenario_19_The Orient_Express.xml'

The line it refers to is in 'RRT_Scenario_20_The Orient_Express.xml'. While the map works, it cannot be ..played with..?

To make sure I had the latest download I downloaded it again. I assume this needs to be 'RRT_Scenario_mp03.xml'?
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Lama

Post by Lama » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:32 am

Snoop, the problem occured when I re-edited the scenario after upgrading to a newer version of the Scenario Manager. From that point onward, it insisted that I keep an older version of the scenario file in the game's regular scenario folder.

I'm not sure how to fix this problem, other than offering you to send you the no. 20 file (so that you can place it in your folder). If you'd like me to, please pm me with your email address.

Does the scenario play OK, though?

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:57 am

Yes, it plays OK. As it is tho, it doesn't allow editing. I took out the whole basescenario line and it plays and the Scenario Manager has no problems with it.

dusan97

Post by dusan97 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:02 pm

Lama,Good work!Do you have next scenario-maps?

dusan97

Post by dusan97 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:56 pm

dusan97 wrote:Lama,Good work!Do you have next scenario-maps?
Today i start orient.Good work!Map is beatifful,when you finished!Thanks

karsten

Post by karsten » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:26 pm

I liked “Orient Expressâ€

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:26 am

Lama - I just played your game for the conditions and found a slight bug, you use the name Butt for one of you towns, but the conditions refer to it as Berlin. I was trying to beat that speed record and could not figure out where Berlin was :shock:

universum

Post by universum » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:09 am

Hi Lama,

I would like to try your scenarios but download links don't work for me. Also I did not expect to find scenarios in Mods - Talk section. I believe you may get better exposure by posting it in Mods - Maps and actually uploading it to this website.

I really like single players scenarios with tough goals (preferably without UI).

And a little reccomendation: you are looking for maps to create scenario for but I would not have guessed from the thread name. There is quite a few maps without scenario or good scenario in Mods - Maps section. I am fairly sure that any mapper there would welcome you to add scenario for their map. I believe it is win-win situation for everyone. I would love to see scenarios for following maps:

Alaska http://www.hookedforums.com/a/viewtopic.php?t=1051
New England http://www.hookedforums.com/a/viewtopic.php?t=1140
Test http://www.hookedforums.com/a/viewtopic.php?t=1231
Mexico http://www.hookedforums.com/a/viewtopic.php?t=704
Maritimes Canada http://www.hookedforums.com/a/viewtopic.php?t=951
And pretty much any multiplayer map from the game with scenario.

Also I like when scenario makes bridges and tunnels really expensive because it adds to the fun.

I'd suggest offering your services directly on each map thread, I would be surprised if you got two rejections in a row, I will definitely support your offer by "demanding" you get your chance.

Thanks

universum

Post by universum » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:14 am

Actually when I am thinking about it, it might very interesting to play the same map but with different scenario too.

gforce

Post by gforce » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:13 pm

You're so right universum, lacking a scenario is a pitty for the map, let's write some scenarios for them.
I'm maybe not the right person to do so, i can't use the scenario editor (my windows is not genuine, i hate microsoft for this stupid change), but still i could write the xml files, but then again i'm not so well organised...
I'm working and testing and expanding the game possibilities for the moment and i've got an idea for this... but then again, i want to do too much, changing color of traincars, new industries, new goods, new icons etc...
One thing: - You can easily change the prices of the bridges and tunnels, do this in a map_bridges.xml and map_tunnels.xml file...
I've done this already, and i liked it... maybe i will refocus a little bit on that, i had already a beta-beta-beta map for it and the xml files... but it came never to an end....
- A good idea to make different scenarios for different maps
- It would also be great to use more the events and setting goals, an event has a probability, so each time you play it, it could be different in a dynamic-way... (but then the events msut generate more money and the normal traffic less)
- feel free to try out some things....
(maybe start a new topic: "maps looking for a scenario") :wink:

universum

Post by universum » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:43 am

I was checking all posts by Lama and there is no post in 2007 so I wonder if I will ever get any response :( .

I am not able to download these scenarios (browser hangs). Does anyone have one or both these scenarios on your machine? Can you upload them to the 'Mods - Maps' section so that they are not lost?

:idea: On related note, it might be a good idea to start sticky thread with all finished and proven single player scenarios, for example Scrooge, Superbowl Express and many others. Each post would contain a single scenario and details about it (including link to original thread). This way we could keep things organized and accessible to newcomers. Thread would have to be moderated and only valid posts allowed and anything else removed without mercy.

dwax

Post by dwax » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:31 am

Got them downloaded universum the files are posted. :)
Attachments
Lama's_Germany.zip
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 417 times
Orient_Express.zip
(1017.04 KiB) Downloaded 439 times