Poland map

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
Vic

Poland map

Post by Vic » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:31 am

A few years ago a Polish friend - and fellow Railroads! fanatic - said he would love to have a Polish map so I made one.

The size isn't quite as big as the Attica maps, but still 20x20. I do like a bit of distance (landscape) to watch the trains run.

This map was made on a Windows 7 Ultimate computer with 8Gb. It also runs without problems on my Windows 8 laptop (with 4Gb).

It can be played with competitors. Time has been slowed and the task list is hefty. As with the Attica scenario I am making a PolskaModernAge one to continue into recent Polish railroad history.

This is not a SAM and I welcome any comments, tips, etc. Thanks!
Attachments
Polska.rar
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 607 times

railage

Re: Poland map

Post by railage » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:27 pm

Polska:
1. This map also needs work on the event file as I mentioned for Attica5. Make the file global and only have the Goods actually used in the map in it.

2. The Textile Mill wasn't available to build in my cities window. This might only happen randomly to some players, but the solid fix is to use the line <bInCity>1</bInCity> for those in-city industries you want to appear in the buildable list. The number "1" indicates that the industry is buildable. Use the line <bInCity>0</bInCity> for those industries that you don't want buildable. This allows using less than 12 buildable industries.

3. The goals include building some industries that don't need to be used at all. On my play, I saved up cash to hit the 500M net worth. Then once I had the green tick for that, I spent the 125M on the industries of Auto Factories in Brno, Kutno, and Prague, and War Factories in Ostrava and Wroclaw. This dropped my net worth by 125M to 375M, but as I had the green tick I was "finished".

(4. suggested) You have incorporated a fertilizer "boost" on top of additional output in some farms and mines. Using an input/output figure of more than 1.0 is going to multiply stuff. I was unable to haul all the production away from the large Milk Farm when I was supplying it with Grain even with 3 tracks and trains leaving in both directions. Note that the capacity of chains is added so that a Large Milk Farm will produce 12 Milk normally. The Milk that is converted from grain is treated as a seperate chain, meaning it's possible to see 24 Milk at that farm if haulage capacity is insufficient. The chains in Attica are better, but I would still suggest doing similar there.

I like the distance of seperation between some of the cities, making it more challenging to make money with freight. On the flip side passenger revenue is pretty good as long runs are easier to setup. A third of my revenue was from express. Less cities means it's a little easier on my 32-bit PC.

The goals are well thought-out. Warszawa became a natural hub for my through traffic. I had a east-west "main-line" setup that ran through there and enabled deliveries of all special haulage without overpasses except for the Katowice to Kaliningrad run which I used the bridge that the AI had build over my track to enter Warszawa. Fun map.

snoopy55

Re: Poland map

Post by snoopy55 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:03 am

I PM'd Vic on his maps, noting what needed to be done to get them to work. When asked if it was OK to post them on his threads since files could not be sent PM, he replied Great. Sure.

They can be deleted if this becomes offensive to anyone.

There is an RTF file explaining what was done.
Attachments
Poland.7z
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 557 times
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....