My first post and map

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
Cabo

My first post and map

Post by Cabo » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:51 pm

Hello friends, I come, my name is Diego. I love this game so I have come to this forum. I was delving into the creation of maps and scenarios, and I present a little work. I unfortunately I can not test it, since I am looking for the way my game does not crash and pull me to the desktop.
I have a powerful PC, W7 64-bit, 12 GB of RAM and a NVIDIA GT 240, but ... the game crashes. RailRoads.exe already patched file to use more than 2GB of memory, but nothing.
For that, a greeting and another here.

Note: All files will be uploaded in this post.
Attachments
CADIZ v 1.01 - eng.zip
Readme in .zip. English.
(367.63 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
CADIZ v 1.01 - esp.zip
Leeme en .zip. Español.
(367.8 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
CADIZ v 1.0 esp.zip
El mapa terminado. En español.
(366.78 KiB) Downloaded 377 times
CADIZ v 1.0 eng.zip
This is the map finised. English
(366.66 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
Last edited by Cabo on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.
(google translator)

karsten

Re: My first post and map

Post by karsten » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:57 pm

This looks promising! The crashes, as usual for new maps, are due to a missing Random Event file. The easiest solution is to use the safe Random Event file, which does not crash. I have provided it in this thread, for example, in the 7th post from the top. viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4556
The map is based on DEM data, looks very good from on high, but elevations are too extreme when actually playing. One solution might be (have not tried it myself yet) to open the greyscale map in Photoshop and to place a uniform gray layer on top, then merge, so lowering all elevations proportionately.
Attachments
Cadiz 03.jpg
Cadiz 02.jpg
Cadiz 01.jpg

karsten

Post by karsten » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:38 pm

I tried it myself, and within 5 minutes, I got quite a pleasing result. Copied the greyscale and multiplied it with the original, 50% combination of top and bottom layer. There is still a bit of an inland lake in the South, but one gets the idea! :P
Attachments
Oops, Cadiz under water.jpg
Cadiz smoother.jpg
Cadiz smoother02.jpg

Cabo

Post by Cabo » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:10 am

I like it.

I still have the same problem. As the game uses more than 1 GB of memory, the game breaks. I reinstall the game, I played with the correct Events file, I used the 3G enabler, the RailRoads.exe modified to use more than 2GB, the GameBooster 3, I corrected the file RTT_Names_CADIZ.xls but nothing. I'm desperate. Did I leave something?

A greeting.
Attachments
RRT_Names_CADIZ.zip
The original file contained names of most cities, not included in RRT_Cities_CADIZ
(511 Bytes) Downloaded 386 times
(google translator)

karsten

Post by karsten » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:04 pm

You say you played with the correct Events file - but there is none in the folder you provided here. If you mean my safe Events file - it has to be referenced in the scenario file. See how it is done in some of the more recent maps. Good luck :wink:

Cabo

Post by Cabo » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:25 pm

The event file it was playing locally, I was proving my problem with Railroads, which locks and throws me to the desktop. Well, I've gone in the first post v.3 version fixing several map issues.

I fixed the file RTT_Scenario_User_CADIZ.xml, now looks to RRT_Events_CADIZ, I copied your file RTT_Events of scenario Scrooge V1.4

Thank you very much for your help.
a greeting
(google translator)

Cabo

Post by Cabo » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:24 am

Great!
I reached the end of the game, but did not get loads transport 250 cars ...
The last review, v.3, it seems to work well. :D

18/08/2012 ---> The map I've done. I modified the car transport, having to carry 200. I added you have to connect all cities. I deleted some locomotives. If anyone has an idea is welcome.
Attachments
finalv3.jpg
(google translator)

karsten

Post by karsten » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:09 pm

Hmm, I don't see the new version, but those are certainly good improvements (less engines popping up). 200 automobiles should work, but still only at Investor level?

I have played version 3 with the safe event file, no crashes.
Ronda on the mountains certainly looks similar in reality. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronda

I had to build an underground rail station.

I understand there is now a real life rail tunnel plea for Ronda valley, because they want to build a Algeciras-Rotterdam, Hamburg freight link right through Ronda.

Apparently the railway connection was built by Morrison from Algeciras to Jimena in 1890, and the second part to Ronda in 1892.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxRNQ_VHFr4
While the train line was originally intended for the use of garrison officers living in Gibraltar the railway soon became home to shady practices as it coined the nickname ‘the Smugglers’ Train’. It emerged as a hot transportation point for black market goods from Gibraltar, destined for the Serrania de Ronda. Ernest Hemingway and Orson Welles spent many summers in Ronda.

Seems one could produce a good "Era One" story from that... 8)
Attachments
Cadiz.jpg
Ronda.jpg
Ronda2.jpg

Cabo

Post by Cabo » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:42 am

I see that you have read the history of railways in the province of Cadiz. I never understood why the authorities never created a line with Malaga, but that's another story. It is being studied now this line with Malaga with the theme of the new European rail freight corridor, but initially will exploit existing lines, for the time being, the corridor Algeciras Almeria and continuing along the Mediterranean coast. For these works the Algeciras-Ronda has been closed a few months.

Regarding the game, I created a new version, 1.01 decreasing the number of cars to transport loads to 150, in order to finish the game. Now we have to connect all cities and villages also accept and offer passengers.
The first verion operative v.3 (BETA) was deleted the server, considering that the latter are better, but if necessary I return to upload the v.3 (BETA).

PD. Nice Suburban has been in Ronda :wink:
(google translator)