Finished The Test Map

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps

Do you like the idea of the in-city industries being out-of-city industries?

Yes.
No votes
No.
25%
Maybe.
75%

Total votes: 4

NSrailfan

Finished The Test Map

Post by NSrailfan » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:32 pm

It is very simple to play this map. All you have to do is right-click the compressed folder and select
extract all. If you are unable to do this you could then easily open the compressed folder and copy the folder
and internet file. Then just paste it into your usermaps folder. Either way your good to go just go into the
game select the map and have fun.

In this map I've changed things around a bit so that the food plant, steel mill, refinery, and
war factory are not in the city. So now there is an extra step in the routes. For food you must take grain
to the food plant and then you may haul food to the city.

If for some reason this game crashes post a reply and let me know on the page this is on. And then
let me know what you think went wrong and why because I don't know what to do or anything cause I ain't
good at this, and this map is just to test the industries.

HAVE FUN! :)
Attachments
Test #2.zip
download this to play the map
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 381 times

Warll

Re: Finished The Test Map

Post by Warll » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:38 am

The map shifter would also be able to install this map. Just thought I'd mention so.

NSrailfan

Re: Map Shifter

Post by NSrailfan » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:24 pm

Okay I downloaded it and selected the Test #2 map archive and then it did what it should of done I think :?. Then I went back into my Sid Meier's Railroads folder to see if it did what it was supposed to do. To my suprise my usermaps & custom assets folder are gone :shock:. So what happened and where did they go, or did the Map Shifter get hungry :?

Warll

Post by Warll » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:36 am

Crap you were working on a map weren't you? The map shifter works by deleting the custom assets and user maps folders and craeting a new user maps folder, then copying the map into usermaps.

Usermaps should be there but it will only contain the map.

NSrailfan

Pittsburgh to Chicago Map

Post by NSrailfan » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:01 pm

Oh well it's okay I reinstalled the game and now working on a new map of Pittsburgh, PA to Chicago, IL. However I ran into a problem at the selection screen. Would you possibly know how to fix this.
Attachments
GLRT.zip
here this is what i have done so far please download it look it over and see if you see something wrong, thankyou your help is appreciated
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 357 times
picture of the selection screen
picture of the selection screen

Warll

Post by Warll » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:42 pm

Perhaps the preview image is missing or in the wrong format. Beyond this primitive guess I really not know anything about mapping.

karsten

Post by karsten » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:47 am

Looks like an XML syntax error in the scenario file to me. Solution: go through the code line by line to find it, or restart from an earlier working saved version. :(

NSrailfan

Post by NSrailfan » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:57 am

yeah i never saved it earlier in the process of all this ( dang it :x ) but i guess i should look through the files but what should i be on the lookout for a wrong XML file improperly named or something else