PITGOC Peace in the golden crescent

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
karsten

Re: PITGOC Peace in the golden crescent

Post by karsten » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:28 am

All this is quite easy to fix, if you take a pragmatic approach:
  • Stand-alone annexes cannot be specified in goals, as far as I know. So either have a tiny village in Karachi, which accepts the opium. Ports always grow villages in real life, so that's realistic. OR, just delete the condition, it is largely redundant, since opium needs to be shipped to Karachi anyway to produce Coke.
  • The same goes for the three Uranium goals. What you can specify is delivery of currency to Shiraz and Esfahan, all the rest takes care of itself, since you need to build the production chain to deliver Pepsi at the end ... nice little jokes, by the way :lol: Also I had to smile at the new town majors offering their special contracts!
  • Having a small port town in Karachi would also fix the "carpets from Samarkand" problem.
  • The one billion net worth is not an issue, thankfully. On financier difficulty level, it was fulfilled in the middle of the third era.
Attachments
SMRailroads!0148.jpg

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:13 pm

Stand-alone annexes cannot be specified in goals, as far as I know. So either have a tiny village in Karachi, which accepts the opium. Ports always grow villages in real life, so that's realistic
The problem with putting port in villages is that the port won’t stay put and the village will grow to a metropolis.
OR, just delete the condition, it is largely redundant, since opium needs to be shipped to Karachi anyway to produce Coke.
I know that some of the goals are redundant. The reason that they are there to show a continuous story line. (Poppy – opium – Coke – gold)
Also I had to smile at the new town majors offering their special contracts!
Yea! Some of those mayors are from spectator pictures from the FIFA football world championship in South Africa.
Jancsika

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:32 am

I have made some revisions to the map.
Redid the Scenario conditions, to make it simpler (only the wording, not the game play). Added new good (Jean) and did a little sprucing of the appearance.
New Version 1_00 is available in the first post.
Jancsika
Attachments
Boom.jpg
Scandal.jpg

karsten

Post by karsten » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:13 pm

Wow, this map is now so cool! All the conditions work and I was able to enjoy the lovely scenery. Even the random event graphics are new. 8)

I can recommend this map to everyone - but beware, it is quite a brain teaser...

I ran the game on robber baron difficulty this time, so the net worth accumulated much slower. In the end, there was nothing more to do except wait for the net worth to tinkle up - so I stopped there. Rather pleased with the efficient routing. And the new jeans good is so nice.

Well done, once again, Jancsika!
Attachments
SMRailroads!0151.jpg
2010-08-17_220748.jpg
SMRailroads!0155.jpg
2010-08-17_225135.jpg
2010-08-17_225226.jpg

Warll

Post by Warll » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:08 am

So, you guys think it's ready for frontpage yet?

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:54 pm

I have to add a readme file yet.
Jancsika

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:07 pm

OK. I've added the Readme file and the Cheat picture to the 7Z. So if you think, you can upload it. I have not changed the version number, since there were no revisions in the map.
Jancsika

karsten

Post by karsten » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:03 pm

Definitely ready for upload. :D

laloha

Post by laloha » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:10 pm

I am having the problem with the 7z download. When the option to download the file I get the error,

"Sorry, the page you were looking for could not be found.
Suggested Actions

Check the URL that you have typed and retry."

Is there another name this Map is under in the 89 listed maps?

Looks terrific, as do many others, I have to say. New here and "awe struck".

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:06 pm

I just tested/downloaded the file from the link on the first post and it worked okay.

EDIT: I mean to say go to the Map Database thread and download the map from there. I see what you mean, the link on this thread is dead. Just go to the Database and you can find all the files there.

laloha

Post by laloha » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:45 am

Lowell wrote:I just tested/downloaded the file from the link on the first post and it worked okay.

EDIT: I mean to say go to the Map Database thread and download the map from there. I see what you mean, the link on this thread is dead. Just go to the Database and you can find all the files there.
Thanks Lowell,

Must say that I had gone thru that departmet before and DL all the files a week ago. Can't understand how that got by.

Appreciate your prompt reply here,

Larry