India SAM map

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
Jancsika

India SAM map

Post by Jancsika » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:48 am

This is 15 X 15 SAM map of the modern India, starting with independence in 1947 and ending in 2010. I have slowed the action to 60 turns, and adjusted the engine maintenance cost accordingly.(Been doing it all the times).
Unpack the "India_V_1_0.RAR" file into an absolutely clean UserMaps folder. That is C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\UserMaps.
You will have the following folders or files:
India_Assets
India_V_1_0
Notes to read.txt
Production.jpg
Resources.jpg

I have played it a couple times,(Couple dozen partially) but the map is not fully tested. Sometimes it was difficult to load. Took 2-3 times. You have to be slow going from loading screen to loading screen. But once it started never had any CTD.
My idea for a scenario was to have a grand circular tour of the Country, going clockwise:
Starting at Port of Mumbai, you are a tourist, visit a safari camp, go gambling and have "liver transplant" and arrive back to the big city.
You have to be careful with the track layout, it is easy to make a never ending loop, and your trains will just run in all unwanted directions.
Besides the Grand tour, there are tea, jewels, and geeks to produce.

There are 11 City sizes. The smaller cities are producing workers from corn- food. From City (size7) and up, they will produce students from grain-food, while the worker production will decrease.
Ganva
Village
Township
Kasba
Town
Nagara
City
Mahanagara
Metropolis
Megapolis
Conurbation
There are a bunch of new goods and industries,
Trains from Rodea,
Exotic animated elephants, panthers, whales from Rodea,
New Asian style buildings and railroad stations also from Rodea.
Traincars from Bobby's Australia.
And a bunch of BB-s from STEP Inc.

Initially I had 3 of these tours starting at 3 different ports, but I found the trains too difficult to manage, so I left only one in the game. For those of you who like the challenge I have a "Difficult.RAR" file uploaded. All you have to do is unpack it and copy and paste the resulting RRT_Scenario_user.XML file in the "India" folder, replacing the original Scenario.XML. The unused RRT_Scenario_user_India.XML file should be placed in a folder, where the program can't read it. The program will always read the file with the latest date.
Have fun and if there are any problems, please let me know.
Jancsika
NEW DOWNLOAD LINK BELOW
download_India.rar
DOWNLOAD LINK
(was 157)
(776 Bytes) Downloaded 1223 times
Attachments
Cheat%2520Sheet.jpg
City.jpg

karsten

Re: India SAM map

Post by karsten » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:29 am

:D Looks great. Wonder about the texture on that passenger bridge though ...

dwax

Post by dwax » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:25 am

When will it be ready Jancsika? :)

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:59 am

Actually it is ready I am running test on it. I've redid it at least a dozen times. :roll:
Jancsika

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:04 am

I have just posted the map in my first post. It is too large to post it here.On the other hand it is only one file to download.
Jancsika :mrgreen:

justin420

Post by justin420 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:31 pm

I have tried to download this many times hoping it would fix, but every time I try to play it goes to the loading screen as soon as it hits building up steam I get a run time error any fix for this would be great

thanks.

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:47 pm

I have tried to download this many times hoping it would fix, but every time I try to play it goes to the loading screen as soon as it hits building up steam I get a run time error any fix for this would be great

What is your computer's specification?
How much RAM you have?
Do you have the 3 Gb enabler?
What is your graphic card?
Do you have other programs, like virus checker etc running?
Jancsika

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:51 am

I used Windows XP SP 2, with DDR-II PC6400 2 Gb RAM and GeForce 8500 with 512 Internal Memory, this map run fine, but I just played about 10 minutes
Notes: I will repair CLF B-Unit as soon as
Rodea2007 ( http://rodea2007.yolasite.com )
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/rodea2007
Note Book TOSHIBA SATELLITE L645
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

dwax

Post by dwax » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:05 pm

justin420 wrote:I have tried to download this many times hoping it would fix, but every time I try to play it goes to the loading screen as soon as it hits building up steam I get a run time error any fix for this would be great

thanks.

Press on your keypad ctrl alt delete. Select Process And look to see how many Railroads.exe are running. Highlight all of them and select "End Process" And try again. :D Some reason on my machine the Railroads.exe wont leave the memory, and each time you open up the game it opens another Railroads.exe witch I saw would crash the game.

karsten

Post by karsten » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:46 pm

I copied the assets folder into the map folder, put that in the UserMaps folder (making the map standard CIC :D ) - no problems at all on reloading a saved game, smooth as silk. No CTD in entire game. Very cleanly constructed map, with individual asset folders - I wish everyone would follow your example!

I started with 3 AI opponents, which had to be bought out, so there are a number of double stations. Amazingly, I ended up with a clockwork operation of 40 trains - none got stuck, had to rescued or anything like that. Considering the complexity of the connections, quite a feat for SMR to perform! In the end, the map does get sluggish when constructing new connections.

It all looks quite daunting at first, but the production charts help a lot to figure out what goes where. Shame that the production chart for "Outsourced Goods" got muddled up (see below for correct sequence). Also, it would help even more if the production chart listed the goods' names instead of the industries. (Small niggle - why on earth is there Jewellery2, when a simple Jewellery would have been fine?)

Refreshing new scenery and a good introduction to India. Mountain-climbing elephants! Well done Jancsika. :D
Attachments
India map.jpg
India Kathmandu.jpg
India - Busy Kolkata.jpg
India Production.jpg
India 01.jpg

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:48 pm

New and correct 'Cheat Sheet" was posted in the first post.
(So you don't get confused!! :D :D )
Jancsika

karsten

Post by karsten » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:27 am

Very nice. Except the geek and outsource icons are mixed up ... sorry to insist. :mrgreen:

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:10 pm

Except the geek and outsource icons are mixed up
Fixed.
BTW the Rupee icon came from Mud Skippers.
Jancsika

mojos

Post by mojos » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:52 pm

This was a great scenario, very challenging and a lot of fun. Thanks very much for sharing!

fezzic181

Post by fezzic181 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:13 am

This looks interesting but where exactly is your ftp site hiding?