Borneo Island Map Final Release

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
karsten

Re: Borneo Island Map Final Release

Post by karsten » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:44 pm

OK, here is my secret tip:

Go for the gold in the east immediately! :D

That way, I was able to buy out 3 opponents in the first era!

Oh, and I saw some amazing elephants and whales nearby ...
Attachments
Gold, with silver elephants
Gold, with silver elephants
The whales seem to have found silver too
The whales seem to have found silver too

gregbuff

Post by gregbuff » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:27 pm

Holy crap! I cant seem to get a good start. I am starting in Kula Kapuas. Did anyone start there? I can get the Food Limes and Wool with no problem. Its the net worth and metropolis that is giving me a hard time.

ARGHHHH!!!!! :roll:
Thanks,
Greg

i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H Main board
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB Ram
Western Digital WD VelociRaptor 1TB 10000 RPM 64MB Cache HDD
EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD 2560MB 320-bit
Rosewill 750W Continuous 80 PLUS GOLD
7 Ultimate 64bit

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:03 pm

Try to concentrate on making money. There is money in passenger visitor traffic.Your AI opponents are growing the Metropolis' and when you by them out you will have all the Metro.
Let one AI buy out the other.
Jancsika
-

Chubbynator

Post by Chubbynator » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:34 pm

Hey everyone,

You're all giving this scenario loads of cred', so I'm of course eager to play. But, I keep getting an "archive error"-message whenever I try to unpack the files, even though I'm absolutely positive, that I've got all the files downloaded and that I've got the password right. Any ideas for the noob?

gregbuff

Post by gregbuff » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:17 am

I had the almost the same problem. I had to empty out the custom maps folder, then install it. Try that... Good luck!
Thanks,
Greg

i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H Main board
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB Ram
Western Digital WD VelociRaptor 1TB 10000 RPM 64MB Cache HDD
EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD 2560MB 320-bit
Rosewill 750W Continuous 80 PLUS GOLD
7 Ultimate 64bit

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:12 am

Hey everyone,

You're all giving this scenario loads of cred', so I'm of course eager to play. But, I keep getting an "archive error"-message whenever I try to unpack the files, even though I'm absolutely positive, that I've got all the files downloaded and that I've got the password right. Any ideas for the noob?
Yea! Try to read "Gregbuff"'s first question in this thread and all the subsequent answers.
The "UserMaps" and "CustomAssets" folders have to be completely empty to start with.
Jancsika

mojos

Post by mojos » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:01 pm

Sadly my old computer just can't handle this one with my measely 2 gb of RAM limit on my motherboard. If there was a stripped down version of this without all the graphics and cosmetic add-ons (I know that's almost sacrilege to say but the scenario itself seems a lot of fun and worth playing!) would there be any chance of making it work?
I'd certainly welcome a Borneo Island Light if that was possible! But I'm guessing the sheer size of the map and the number of rails you'd need would still be RAM killers though?

Warll

Post by Warll » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:27 pm

What kills the map performance wise is actually the size and not the decorations.

As such the only way to fix it would be to reduce the map's size.

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:02 am

mojos wrote:Sadly my old computer just can't handle this one with my measely 2 gb of RAM limit on my motherboard. If there was a stripped down version of this without all the graphics and cosmetic add-ons (I know that's almost sacrilege to say but the scenario itself seems a lot of fun and worth playing!) would there be any chance of making it work?
I'd certainly welcome a Borneo Island Light if that was possible! But I'm guessing the sheer size of the map and the number of rails you'd need would still be RAM killers though?
If you use Windows XP as the operating system, then I guess you could play this map, because the Borneo Island Map was created with a computer using only have 2 GB memory..... :)
but if a lot of requests to change the size of this map into a standard size, may be I consider doing so..... 8)
Rodea2007 ( http://rodea2007.yolasite.com )
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/rodea2007
Note Book TOSHIBA SATELLITE L645
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

mojos

Post by mojos » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:17 pm

Yes I use XP and I can get about two thirds through the first era but then I run out of memory and crash. That's why I'm whining in the first place lol, 'cuz I can see how much fun I'm missing out on in the rest of the game.

dwax

Post by dwax » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:45 pm

mojos, what do you have your Virtual Memory set at? I have mine at Initial size:3069 and Maximum size:4092 That will let you store more memory to your hard drive. I only have 2 gigs of memory and don't have any problems.

mojos

Post by mojos » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:37 pm

I have min 2300 and max 3500 virtual memory. But I only actually have 1.5 gig of RAM. I also have a program called eboostr which lets you essentially have the equivalent of readyboost on your xp system. I use a 4 gb flash stick with it and it seems to help a bit with some games in that I don't lag as much in the later eras. I will try to boost by virtual memory some more and give it a go. Thanks for the advice!

keotaman

Post by keotaman » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:42 am

mojos wrote:... I will try to boost by virtual memory some more and give it a go.
In the past, I didn't get much improvement by increasing the page file (virtual memory) until I made the min & max the same! If they are not the same, the pagefile will try to adjust as needed, which causes more trouble with SMRR. Hope this helps you.

mikado

Post by mikado » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:40 pm

im haveing problems understanding how to download this and put in to 1 file i need help

i was able to download it and im know haveing trouble playing the map when i have more than 2GB

Jatbaron

Post by Jatbaron » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:47 am

I downloaded files per instructions, but your number 5 file (rar) is either a corrupted file for download or the Password as shown, which is case Sensitive is incorrect. I cannot get to the executable file, please advise. Jatbaron