Blocker, New Map

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
Jancsika

Blocker, New Map

Post by Jancsika » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:30 pm

This is a 15 X 15 map can be played both single or multi-player mode.
The game is based on the new Building Blocks (BB). If you have any other map or the SMRI installed you have to remove them because they will interfere with the scenario. All you will have to do is to rename two folders: the "CustomAssets" and the "UserMaps" folders. They both can be found in the C:\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier’s Railroads!\ directories. In the ZIP file there will be a folder "CustomAssets". You'll just drag and drop in C:\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier"s Railroads!\ directory and ready to play.

The scenario itself has only one Era, but because of the 12 possible starting points and the rather extensive scenario goals it will be not repetitious. I've played it quite a few times and it was a different challenge each time.
The new Building Block setup makes this 15 x 15 map play as it was a 10 x 10. The cities are far apart so, if you are keen on a handsome and smooth game layout this is it!
There is only one source of passengers, that is the "Port", the cities don't supply or demand passengers, some Buildings do. You have to watch the scenario goals to make the passenger traffic count.
There might be problem loading a Saved Game; Just start a new game and load the saved game from the new game. (This is one of Firaxis’ quirks.)
Jancsika
Attachments
Blocker V_1_02.zip
Version 1_02 Revised 04/10/2008
(14.51 MiB) Downloaded 863 times
Last edited by Jancsika on Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mutantz

Post by mutantz » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:02 am

i dont think anyone wants to uninstall the SMRI.

Tijer

Post by Tijer » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:24 am

You do not need to uninstall SMRI. All you need to do is rename your existing Sid Meier's Railroads! folder to something like Sid Meier's Railroads!ORG and start the game. Once the game starts at the main menu, you exit the game.

Return to the My Games folder you will find that the disk has created a new Sid Meier's Railroads! folder. Then place the download inside the new folder as directed.

To change back to SMRI, all you need to do is rename folders according to what you want to play.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600@2.4GHz
2 GB PC5400 DDR2 Ram
MB nVidia nForce 680i LT SLI
GC GeForce 7300GS 256MB PCI-E
HD 250GB + 500GB
OS Windows XP/SP2/32 bit

Rodea2007

Re: Blocker, New Map

Post by Rodea2007 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:45 am

Jancsika wrote:This is a 15 X 15 map can be played both single or multi-player mode.
The game is based on the new Building Blocks (BB). If you have any other map or the SMRI installed you have to remove them because they will interfere with the scenario. All you will have to do is to rename two folders: the "CustomAssets" and the "UserMaps" folders. They both can be found in the C:\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier’s Railroads!\ directories. In the ZIP file there will be a folder "CustomAssets". You'll just drag and drop in C:\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier"s Railroads!\ directory and ready to play.

The scenario itself has only one Era, but because of the 12 possible starting points and the rather extensive scenario goals it will be not repetitious. I've played it quite a few times and it was a different challenge each time.
The new Building Block setup makes this 15 x 15 map play as it was a 10 x 10. The cities are far apart so, if you are keen on a handsome and smooth game layout this is it!
There is only one source of passengers, that is the "Port", the cities don't supply or demand passengers, some Buildings do. You have to watch the scenario goals to make the passenger traffic count.
There might be problem loading a Saved Game; Just start a new game and load the saved game from the new game. (This is one of Firaxis’ quirks.)
Jancsika
I don't see good reason to remove any other map or SMRI installed to install this map because in my usermaps to contain several maps like as West Sumatera Map etc, but I was succesfull loading Blocker Version 1_01 without problem and CTD. as you know West Sumatera have too Iron Mine, Port but different model with Blocker Map and no interfere beetwen both

Notes : do not need to copy BB_Metal_Works_Factory folder to CustomAsset because Metal Works Factory to use Factory Model and this model provided by Industries0.FPK in Original SMR and I was delete all KF file from Power Plant because these file provided too by Industries0.FPK. so BB FPK file only contains like picture below
Attachments
usermap.jpg
usermap.jpg (177.57 KiB) Viewed 9934 times
BB_FPK.jpg
BB_FPK.jpg (315.86 KiB) Viewed 9939 times

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:50 pm

I don't see good reason to remove any other map or SMRI installed to install this map
You are right of course.
The main reason is that I’ve done this way, that the SMRI loads a lot of unnecessary files that will slow the game. For people with less powerful computers this is very important. For example with SMRI loaded I can not play the large maps through without coming to a virtual stop towards the endgame. I was never able to finish Utah or Amerigonia scenarios.
This map this way is a 15 X 15 map and plays like a 10 X 10 and that’s progress.
Also if we want to use the new Building Blocks the SMRI is only duplicating what’s in them.
You do not have to remove the SMRI just rename CustomAssets and UserMaps folders and after playing the game name them back.
Jancsika

Tijer

Post by Tijer » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:57 pm

Rodea - I think you miss read the intention of the mapper. The power plant in the map is a coal fired power plant, not just a power plant. The coal fired power plant from the BBs has a large coal pile next to the power plant, the stock item from the game does not. That is why the coal power plant FPK was present. How you decide to run the map on your machine is up to you, just like it is the decision of each player, in this case the mapper intentionally used the coal power plant with the coal pile. In truth it is just eye candy.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600@2.4GHz
2 GB PC5400 DDR2 Ram
MB nVidia nForce 680i LT SLI
GC GeForce 7300GS 256MB PCI-E
HD 250GB + 500GB
OS Windows XP/SP2/32 bit

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:10 am

Tijer wrote:Rodea - I think you miss read the intention of the mapper. The power plant in the map is a coal fired power plant, not just a power plant. The coal fired power plant from the BBs has a large coal pile next to the power plant, the stock item from the game does not. That is why the coal power plant FPK was present. How you decide to run the map on your machine is up to you, just like it is the decision of each player, in this case the mapper intentionally used the coal power plant with the coal pile. In truth it is just eye candy.
No..Tijer
I'm talking about KF Files wich in used by coalpowerplant.kfm. If you have Hex Editor Program open coalpowerplant.kfm by this program you can see what kf files in needed by coalpowerplant.kfm or you can see in below picture. These KF file is from Power Plant and these files provided by Industries0.FPK
If you have harddisk with small size that is can make inefficiency except you have terrabyte size

Notes: attention please for modeller and mapper.
You don't need to change name for KF File as like but you must understand what KF files needed by KFM your Model
Attachments
All Power Plant KF files provided by Industries0.FPK
All Power Plant KF files provided by Industries0.FPK
industries0_FPK.jpg (411.11 KiB) Viewed 9878 times
This KFM model to use KF File from Power Plant
This KFM model to use KF File from Power Plant
coalpowerplant_kfm.jpg (391.02 KiB) Viewed 9882 times

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:40 am

Rodea - this is my doing. We are working on something new here and I prefered to get these on the forum 'in working condition' first, allow them to be looked over by forum members and errors noted, correct the errors, THEN go in and find ways to make them more compact. I'm still digging for all the parts (Goods, TrainCars, Industries, etc.), and I still have the Trains(Engines) themselves to sort thru and find all the files needed. It's a long slow undertaking, and I've even decided to take a day or two (or three or four....) away from it and get a few other things done on my system and my computer room.

Now if you want to redo a version of that Building Block and Email it to me, I'll look it over and replace the one that's posted. This goes for anyone else who finds things.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:23 am

snoopy55 wrote:Rodea - this is my doing. We are working on something new here and I prefered to get these on the forum 'in working condition' first, allow them to be looked over by forum members and errors noted, correct the errors, THEN go in and find ways to make them more compact. I'm still digging for all the parts (Goods, TrainCars, Industries, etc.), and I still have the Trains(Engines) themselves to sort thru and find all the files needed. It's a long slow undertaking, and I've even decided to take a day or two (or three or four....) away from it and get a few other things done on my system and my computer room.

Now if you want to redo a version of that Building Block and Email it to me, I'll look it over and replace the one that's posted. This goes for anyone else who finds things.
I'm having Not Intention to interfere what You are doing, but I just give a little my knowledge what I have to Modeller and mapper to know what is KFM files and what's KF file is needed because not All mapper or modeller understand with this and make rename all kf files as their like, should be it's not needs to do and I don't want to redo a version of BB except you ask me to revision that model, I will do it

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:34 am

No, that's not what I meant by that. Except for minor changes and the addition of Report and Auction DDSs, I'm posting these almost exactly as they are in the maps now.

You are not interfering with anything, nor do i feel that you are against what is being done. I was only trying to explain what we are intending to do now and in the future. There is still a lot to do on this.

Future Building Blocks will be made from CIV 4 materials, and a lot will be cut from them. If you could Email me a working copy of the two ships you did we can post them under Odds And Ends Are Us. I was still having a bit of trouble with them.

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:05 pm

I have uploaded a corrected version of the map. There were some minor errors that Snoopy and Tijer fortunately caught.
If you wonder where the city names are coming from; they are all real cities that exist in the “Middle-earth”, that is from J.R.R.Tolkien’s: The Hobbit. :wink:
Jancsika

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:34 pm

It is okay to rename the kf files. But you have to go inside each KFM and rename each and every Action that is listed on the right hand collum inside the models KFMs. The Fishery has three KFMs, so if you rename any of the animation kf's you have to rename them in the master KFM...all three. Just open up the models KFM...then open up each + sign next to all the Actions...rename as needed. Then when you save the KFM make sure you use the drop down file format list and save the KFM and not the NIF...as it will default to saving the Nif and not the Kfm when editing the side actions...so you have to watch.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:03 pm

The idea, Lowell, is that the less you play with, the less problems you have or can have. Since the KF files already exist, along with 3 of the 4 DDS files, which do not need to be changed, there is no real reason to change them. It only makes for a larger upload. And more possible errors. Basicly, leave well enough alone and it will leave you alone. :wink: ..

Anyway, glad you got that updated Jancsika. Those little Bugs 8) just have to stick their noses into everything.... :roll:

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:55 am

snoopy55 wrote:No, that's not what I meant by that. Except for minor changes and the addition of Report and Auction DDSs, I'm posting these almost exactly as they are in the maps now.

You are not interfering with anything, nor do i feel that you are against what is being done. I was only trying to explain what we are intending to do now and in the future. There is still a lot to do on this.

Future Building Blocks will be made from CIV 4 materials, and a lot will be cut from them. If you could Email me a working copy of the two ships you did we can post them under Odds And Ends Are Us. I was still having a bit of trouble with them.
I think's I don't needs to send two model Ships to your Email Snoopy.... because if you understand you can get it from West Sumatera FPK Looking for there you can get what do you looking for, but If you can't get emailed me, I will explain how to get it... :lol: