FourBears

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:58 am

Jancsika - I'm sure you've heard of the old saying 'To many hands in the pot'? Well, in my case it was more like 'To many pots for my hands!' I had that CastIronCar.fpk file and decided to put the icons used in your map into it. Well, i did, just not in the same SMR folder the game was using. I have around 4 SMRs and around 10 - 12 CustomAssets folders on my computer. I need to weed a few out.

Anyway, I found the error and uploaded the correct Zip, downloaded it and installed it into my CustomAssets and tested the map. Works. Sorry 'bout all the trouble... :?

:twisted:
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

K-class

Post by K-class » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:10 am

Hey snoopy55 and thoughts on the Iron Ore

Is this controled from RRT_TrainCars.xml or RRT_Goods.xml

As below I seem to have all the correct files
Attachments
hartland.jpg
hartland.jpg (40.37 KiB) Viewed 7804 times
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.0GHz
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
XFX NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Mobo
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)
Geforce GTX 460 graphics card 1024 MB GDDR5

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:14 am

You are right about the pots and hands.
Anyhow I found that if one installs from my Oct.8.2007 post the FourBears.Zip file (63.23 KB), things will work fine. I just leave it with that, because I am afraid that I'll just screw things up.
I will try to play it a couple times, then I will upload the final for some good soul to make an installer for it.
Jancsika

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:27 am

The round icons are controlled in RRT_Goods. The car icons are also controlled in RRT_Goods. The car choice is controlled in RRT_TrainCars. The icon for the Industries is controlled in RRT_Industries.

As to the changes I made, the only one you're not using is the Cast Iron car, which is a rusty colored Steel load. If you run the uploads I did now, they will work. If you choose not to use them, no problem. The needed material can be uploaded and others can use it.

K-class

Post by K-class » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:32 am

Hi snoopy55

which post ?? I dont see any diff files
If you run the uploads I did now, they will work.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)

K-class

Post by K-class » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:32 am

Done some digging and have got Iron Ore working as I think it was supposed to be.

I found this MID EAST WORKING.zip by snoopy55 which contains
Iron1.fpk MetalFactory.fpk OreCar2.fpk and Adjustments.rtf

Just added the above fpk to CustomAssets and changed the global RRT_Goods.xml

I sure I have installed all the mid east installers.
Attachments
MID EAST WORKING.zip
MID EAST WORKING.zip by snoopy55
from Middle East Final Beta Released
(4.18 MiB) Downloaded 254 times
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)

K-class

Post by K-class » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:23 am

Wow this map has a lot in it including pictures of tanks and some huge bears!

Missing some files see attachment

Also missing picture same place for Pellatizer no image of industry.

Small things to fix. Back to the game.
Attachments
report.jpg
report.jpg (98.29 KiB) Viewed 7772 times
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:15 pm

K-class - page 2 of this thread, halfway down. I just deleted the bad CastIronCar.Zip and replaced it with the working one.

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:17 pm

I thought the Iron Ore car came from Chicago to the Rockies...I have an entry in my Industries and cars list for these and the icons "are" missing for the Iron Ore Car.

Guess we could just make a new one up...or...just pretend the icon is there and go with the invisable icons. :lol:

"This is also why I am sort of skidish about a Giant mod installer for 'all' maps. Many of the maps fail in the scenario manager and have errors that cause troubles just having them in your files. I had to remove several maps out of my files because they were causing issues with the game. All of the troubles I saw were from missing or wrong data in the XML files they had."

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:20 pm

CttR had Taconite and Taconite Pellets. Mid East had Iron Ore, which didn't work til I re-wrote it in my Middle East. America also had Iron Ore. Those Icons are dependent on which full and empty car TGA is used and if the X Y numbers are correct.

K-class - you may also want to download the Middle East map as that may have what you need. Some editing was done the the existing Traincar XML for this car, and I don't know what was being used. What Jancsika is using for the Iron Ore Car is the Scrap Metal Car out of B&R and for the Iron Car he is using the iron car out of America which is just a coal car renamed without any color editing.. So in effect, he has them backwards.
As to the reports, alot of people create Industries without pictures for the Report page. They tend to use existing buildings without editing the pictures.

K-class

Post by K-class » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:27 am

Hey Jancsika half way through your map. I have all all the cars and icons after snoopy55 gave me a crash course.

Hopefully you are still working you way through. This is a nice map. Please finish it.

Looks to be to just to get those combinations of icon's and goods cars to be sorted. (One good thing about SMR you can mix and match icons and cars.)

Currently have a CTD around April 1913 Im looking into this.

Some suggestions. :D

I get what you are trying to do with the long strings for goods and this is great.

Do you use Scenario Manager 3.0 ??
http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1715

Maybe make this map compliment with the scenario manager. easier to troubleshoot

(I know the maps runs without this)

Appears to be missing the

<szEraName></szEraName>
<szEraDescription></szEraDescription>
<szEraVictoryBlurb></szEraVictoryBlurb>
<szEraFailureBlurb></szEraFailureBlurb>

Could not find a good with the name 'BEER' for scenario 'FOURBEARS', replaced with 'ANY'.

<!--=======ERA TWO Part 1============================-->
<szGood>BEER</szGood> should be beer

Pelletizer no input or output should have ?? input as Taconite Ore output Taconite Pellets so you can make steel??
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:40 am

Lowell wrote:"This is also why I am sort of skidish about a Giant mod installer for 'all' maps. Many of the maps fail in the scenario manager and have errors that cause troubles just having them in your files. I had to remove several maps out of my files because they were causing issues with the game. All of the troubles I saw were from missing or wrong data in the XML files they had."
It is going to work out. Atani and i found the problem with the Iron ore cars, an entry had been changed in the GLOBALS but not in the FPK. They are now matched up. The 13 required maps in the Giant Mod will all be tested and working. The only problems should be in systems now. Memory is a big thing.....

atani

Post by atani » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:42 pm

Lowell wrote:"This is also why I am sort of skidish about a Giant mod installer for 'all' maps. Many of the maps fail in the scenario manager and have errors that cause troubles just having them in your files. I had to remove several maps out of my files because they were causing issues with the game. All of the troubles I saw were from missing or wrong data in the XML files they had."
Yes, we are play testing all maps that make it into the installer and so far everything seems stable. But we are still testing.. With any luck we will get this out very very soon..

Mike

Warll

Post by Warll » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:43 pm

Now I'm feeling bad... :?

Bunit

Re: FourBears

Post by Bunit » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:34 am

Jancsika wrote:This is still a Beta version. I am trying to build long string of industries, like
Passengers –to- Iron Mine(Iron Ore) –to- Iron Mill(Iron) –to- Machinery -to- Gold –to- Bank’ and I have run into a problem with the product and train car icons.
Specifically with the Iron Mill Industry and the IRON Goods.
In the globals there is a “Goodâ€
Did this map make it out of the BETA stage would love to see the bears but it needs so many other maps to run it.