DirtyWorld

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
Jancsika

DirtyWorld

Post by Jancsika » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:22 pm

This is an easy 10X10 map. The industries are based on BasinAndRange scenario, so you have to have it installed before playing. I am not quite sure but the Santa and the Choobacca’s maps should be installed
Attachments
DirtyWorld.zip
Easy 10X10 Map. Based on BasinAndRange
(612.99 KiB) Downloaded 391 times

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:53 am

I have noticed that when restarting a saved game it CTD.
There was a post somewhere that explained it how to overcome.
You start a new game, when it is loaded click the Escape button, from the “Main Menuâ€
Attachments
RRT_Industries_Template100.zip
Replace the File that came with the original map with this one
(1.99 KiB) Downloaded 338 times

atani

Post by atani » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:57 am

Dirty World installer attached, includes industries fix above.

---
Version 1.0a -- 2007-07-25
Removed duplicated Autos entry and extra < from RRT_TrainCars_Template100.xml
Updated RRT_Scenario_User_Template100.xml to reference RRT_Depots_Template100.xml
Attachments
Setup_DirtyWorld_1.0a.zip
(414.21 KiB) Downloaded 788 times
Last edited by atani on Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K-class

Post by K-class » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:07 am

Hello

in RRT_TrainCars_Template100.xml

a XML error the >

Code: Select all

<szName>Nitrates Car</szName>
		</TrainCar>
>
		<TrainCar>
			<szName>Milk Car</szName>
		</TrainCar>
easy to edit
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.0GHz
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
XFX NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Mobo
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)
Geforce GTX 460 graphics card 1024 MB GDDR5

K-class

Post by K-class » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:10 am

sorry another in RRT_TrainCars_Template100.xml

double up of Auto Car

Code: Select all

<TrainCar>
			<szName>Auto Car</szName>
		</TrainCar>
	      <TrainCar>
         <szName>Auto Car</szName>
         <szGood>Automobiles</szGood>
         <szModel>Autorack_Car.kfm</szModel>
         <szDummyModel>Autorack_Car_dummies.nif</szDummyModel>
      </TrainCar>
      <TrainCar>
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)

K-class

Post by K-class » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:13 am

Hello Jancsika I like this map a mix of everything. :D

I did clean up the xml from above no CTD's :D :D (may play without changes as I was fiddling with the xml so I corrected the xml while I was there)

One thing I did notice that you can run rail to Honey Sawmill but its to far off the right hand side of the map and you cant select to pick up timber from there.

I forgot what the black blobs where and thought missing icon till I zoomed in and it was a stockpile of T.

Most cities / metropolises have scrap and takes a lot to ship automobiles to them from say two steel mills. But this is really just me thinking and playing the map right.

Overall great map and is bordering on track laying slow down later on in the game due to so much going on.

Again great map :D :D
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)

sean sutherland

Re: DirtyWorld

Post by sean sutherland » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:58 pm

[quote="Jancsika"] - permit me a couple of queries [so to speak] - dirtyworld will not load atall for me [even after the dirtyworldsetup] - now i have played many maps courtesy of hooked forums [albeit many of them had to be tweaked one way or the other - have a fair knowhow with xml files by now and to a certain extent those required FPK files] - but i am a bit lost with your "goods xml" file namely prey tell where in the whole smr arena [be it custom assets or the main game folder] does it mention "icon_AbramsArms_32/64/16.tga" - i have searched the FPK files and every scenario folder in my system [no luck] - also "scrap metal" mentioned at the end of your "goods.xml" ? - your "RRT scenario_user" file states "RRT_depots.xml" yet you have listed "RRT_depots_templete100.xml" [i think that should read 'template'] in the main scenario folder - at the top of "scenario_user" it mentions "map size 100" then in <mapsize> it says "10" - to get a look at your map i copied it in "Sid"s Place" scenario - seems to work there ok - not knocking your good work mind just hoping to get it up and running on my system - thanks for your time - sean sutherland

atani

Post by atani » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:47 pm

sean sutherland wrote:[but i am a bit lost with your "goods xml" file namely prey tell where in the whole smr arena does it mention "icon_AbramsArms_32/64/16.tga"
This should come from the Basin and Range map I believe. If it is still not found in that one, I will do some more searching through my CustomAssets tree and figure out exactly where it came from and will update the installer accordingly.

Also, people can expect a new revision of the installer tonight which includes the fix for the referenced XML update above (formatting and double auto entries)

Mike

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:51 am

Thanks everybody to pointing out and fixing my errors. Since I am not a computer expert, nor programmer or even a game designer, errors slip in. I really appreciate the trouble you guys are taking with this.
I can not really review the errors, because once I uploaded the game I delete all the misc files I have created so there should be one official file and that’s on the Hooked forum.
The game is really based on BasinAndRange primarily because I liked the Scrap Metal and the Sherman tanks.
Since “ataniâ€

sean sutherland

Post by sean sutherland » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:00 pm

apologies to atani and the good man jancsika - my oversight as the basinrange i had in my scenarios was only the original "demo version" - have since installed basinrange v1.01 plus the patch and of course that is where "abrams arms" [tanks] is to be found - played "dirtyworld" [had to adjust the years and a few other things] - certainly needs a power computer and even then ther odd ctd [have noticed many times now the rotten crashes come just as the game goes to write some message at top left corner whilst one is doing something else - i.e. laying track or planting a station - wish there was a way to do without any messages aside from disabling newspaper quips] - many thanks to all you guys for your time etc - cheers