Post by gforce » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:41 am

as a result on some remarks of me
see this post:
http://hookedforums.com/a/viewtopic.php?t=1547

i've changed the UK standard map
resulting in this version.

- THE UK Map (standard from the game)
+ addaptions:

+ inputoutputratio set to 0.14 for main goods (production to a secondary good is not changed)
+ inputoutputratio for passengers and mail set too a much lower value
+ Mapsize is changed from 10 to 15
+ iturnspermonth set to 36 (for scenario goals and for more effect of trains)

for the rest i didn't changed anything because i wanted to keep this map as the standard one, except the production, to show the difference
Also the AI isn't loosing his head, it could be he's even playing better because of his approach, but neither i changed settings here
The scenario goals are still possible, i've tested it without a problem

have fun and surely try this out! :!:

ps: i will change probably more to this map, as maybe a test but also to achieve in my eyes, a better intresting gameplay

ps2: plz, let me know your reaction on the impact of this change...

ps3: if i've made somewhere a fault (this could have been the case with changing the mapsize and so replacing the cities, or maybe a texture problem) let me know... :wink:

INSTALL NOTES:
JUST UNZIP the file in USERMAPS!!!
Attachments
UK2_SAM.zip
(4.17 MiB) Downloaded 450 times
UK2.jpg
UK2.jpg (15.05 KiB) Viewed 11909 times
Setup_UK2_1[1].0.zip
(799.69 KiB) Downloaded 401 times
UK2 v2.zip
(1.07 MiB) Downloaded 561 times
Last edited by gforce on Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

dwax

Post by dwax » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:39 am

tried your map gforce, I think this is the one. I never seen this in it before.When I went to load it it crashed me to the desktop. :?
Attachments
crash.JPG
crash.JPG (60.38 KiB) Viewed 13118 times

gforce

Post by gforce » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:08 am

ok, somewhere a stupid fault, i guess
i've updated the file, should work now!

atani

Post by atani » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:48 pm

installer attached for this map
Attachments
Setup_UK2_1.0.zip
extract and run setup to install this map.
(799.69 KiB) Downloaded 774 times

stormfather

Post by stormfather » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:32 am

Hey, gforce, I just checked the map out (been pretty busy). I've got to say, the slower pace is a real nice change. I've tinkered around with it before, but I never set it as low as .14 before. I like the fact that it forces you to be more creative with your routing, rather than having trains ping-pong between a city and a resource. The AI was able to handle itself pretty well, too.

gforce

Post by gforce » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:05 pm

Nice, at the end, there's someone who knows how to play it!
I did, and will be addapting all usermaps in this way,
i did it with the america map, and boy it worked fine,
in the beginning you will setup your trains in a way, some time later in the game, you will be rerouting your trains to get an even better routing etc... there's much more to do then just make the single-route and let that train running for the whole game like that (only replacing them)
if you wanna try some maps by yourself do this:
- first-main-goods production set to 0.14 (leave second-goods at 1-1)
- set passengers and mail to 0.11 and 0.7 and increase them a little bit (10-30% for bigger city-types) fe town 0.11, city 0.14 etc
- set the iturnspermonth a little bit higher, most of the scenarios are to easy so this increase shouldn't be too much
- play the game in a higher difficulty choice, in this way the trains just passing 3 (this is already 2 more then the normal 1) will not be gaining money but losing, trains that passes through 10 stations (there are 10 slots for a reason!) will give you a good revenue!
ps: changing the iturnspermonth will not always be the reason why you end up with a lower-paced game, because you will be busy with rerouting,
the lower-paced feeling can be becuase the industries and cities will grow much slower because less goods will be hauled to them, same thing for the industries itself

i really like those settings and they are applicable to every map without really having problems and more tuning needed... try it out!

(if someone is intressed in the addapted files of the america map, let me know)
ps: you don't need to overwrite the origginal scenario, i've just created a scenario with the name ...original.._low. ... so this version will just show up as another map (sharing those files not addapted, the addapted files are scenario, goods and cities (just 3))

Slappy Da Clown

Nice

Post by Slappy Da Clown » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:08 pm

What file contains these settings , Please ?
Slappy Da Clown
Dell Dimension 8400
Disk C: 118 GB Available, 145 GB Total
3GB Memory
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Series GPU

stormfather

Post by stormfather » Tue May 08, 2007 4:12 am

Slappy: The changes are found in X_cities.xml (Passenger and mail production) and X_industries.xml (all other changes). The changed parameters are the <InputOutputRatio>

Chalako

Post by Chalako » Sun May 20, 2007 6:56 pm

I don't know how to play this map.It's so huge and difficuld to find recources(i can find only one place to cut tree's (don't know the right word right now).For exemple; you have to deliver 50 carloads off passengers from Manchester to Liverpool.I was already playing for 25 min... and when i looked to the victoryscreen there where no passengers delivered although the train has stopped several times there.It was only when i attached more wagons to the train i started to have any passengers there.

The tracklaying is also expensive.I take all the patents i can get but it seems it dosn't work in my favor.

I find it weard that i have to deliver 30 carloads of fish to Crewe but when i look at Crewe they don't demand any fish, only wapons.

Anyone with suggestions?

Thanks!!

Slappy Da Clown

hi Chalako

Post by Slappy Da Clown » Sun May 20, 2007 10:01 pm

Hi

1st you have to grow Manchester big enough to have passengers to pick up. Just because you have a passenger train dont mean its picking up passengers if there are none there.

Track laying is supposed to be expensive in this scenario if I remember correctly.

You have to buy a fish processing plant at Crewe.

Although its not easy I have made it several times. Its supposed to be kinda tuff I think. Just keep trying different strategies. If you could finish them all the 1st time they wouldnt be any fun eh.

As for the resorces they are supposed to be like that. to make it harder & probably a little more realistic, as Im sure in life not everything is right at hand & must be trucked, trained, or imported.
Slappy Da Clown
Dell Dimension 8400
Disk C: 118 GB Available, 145 GB Total
3GB Memory
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Series GPU

Chalako

Post by Chalako » Mon May 21, 2007 6:59 pm

Slappy, i can make Manchester grow by delivering iron ore, that's the only thing i can find so far.I can only deliver 4 carloads at one time, so i don't get a lot of money from that and it's going so slow and time's go's fast.

Well, i'll try again.Problably i will end up in another city again and another strategy.

Thanks for the help.

Have a beer on me! :wink:

The Chatanooga Choo-Choo

Post by The Chatanooga Choo-Choo » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:46 am

atani wrote:installer attached for this map
Just what I've been looking for (second to a complete map of the entire UK, any links?).
Mobo: GA-P35-S3
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 2Ghz
GPU: ATI X1950XT 256Mb DDR3
RAM: Kingston 2.Gb 240pin DDR2 PC667Mhz PC5300
Sound: Audigy 4

The Chatanooga Choo-Choo

Re: UK standard map WITH A BIG PRODUCTION CHANGE

Post by The Chatanooga Choo-Choo » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:28 am

gforce wrote:as a result on some remarks of me
see this post:
http://hookedforums.com/a/viewtopic.php?t=1547

i've changed the UK standard map
resulting in this version.

- THE UK Map (standard from the game)
+ addaptions:

+ inputoutputratio set to 0.14 for main goods (production to a secondary good is not changed)
+ inputoutputratio for passengers and mail set too a much lower value
+ Mapsize is changed from 10 to 15
+ iturnspermonth set to 36 (for scenario goals and for more effect of trains)

for the rest i didn't changed anything because i wanted to keep this map as the standard one, except the production, to show the difference
Also the AI isn't loosing his head, it could be he's even playing better because of his approach, but neither i changed settings here
The scenario goals are still possible, i've tested it without a problem

have fun and surely try this out! :!:

ps: i will change probably more to this map, as maybe a test but also to achieve in my eyes, a better intresting gameplay

ps2: plz, let me know your reaction on the impact of this change...

ps3: if i've made somewhere a fault (this could have been the case with changing the mapsize and so replacing the cities, or maybe a texture problem) let me know... :wink:

INSTALL NOTES:
JUST UNZIP the file in USERMAPS!!!
I like the bigger size, but it's now far too hard to make money. How do you return this aspect to normal?
Mobo: GA-P35-S3
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 2Ghz
GPU: ATI X1950XT 256Mb DDR3
RAM: Kingston 2.Gb 240pin DDR2 PC667Mhz PC5300
Sound: Audigy 4

Warll

Post by Warll » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:34 am

Well you can't, at least not without changing the XMls. you just have to buy more skillz.

Star Ranger4

Post by Star Ranger4 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:20 am

Warll wrote:You just have to buy more skillz.
Skillz cant be bought, they must be earned. whydya think gamers invented Experience points????