Arizona Gold V2.4 PcMac

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
Lowell

Post by Lowell » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:00 pm

Daniel D. wrote:Here my thoughts after I played this map:

- Great looking map! The mountains seem sometimes not realistic because of the many "peaks".

- The map is challenging for a casual gamer. You've to handle your money very well in the beginning. Long routes (perhaps a smaller map would do it, too) and only ressources in the east - but a great way to change the country from woods to desert only.

- Idea: What about changing the icons for Air Force Base etc. if possible?

I had plenty of crashes during the play-time, but it's on the standard maps, too. Great game - f****** support!

It interferes with the Utah map!
Daniel. The game has issues with the amount of memory "any" computer can give. I run with 4gig at 800mhz. Your crash trouble is from your machine. Large maps require large amounts of ram to run. This map is a normal sized map. You may look into using the Large Address RailRoads EXE. It will instruct Windows to let the game use alot of system memory..."Windows is the one closing down your game." I have played this map many times...never had a crash, played perfect.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:30 pm

Lowell wrote: You may look into using the Large Address RailRoads EXE. It will instruct Windows to let the game use alot of system memory..."Windows is the one closing down your game."
OK, I know i was forced off line for a couple of days, but how did I miss this program? :cry:

:twisted:
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Warll

Post by Warll » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:50 am

The "large address" is also known as the Vista fix/patch.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:00 am

The ol "feed it a stick of dynomite" trick should work.....for Vista that is.....

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:38 am

Daniel...here is a link I will host off of my site with the updated RailRoads.EXE for the large address entries. I got the updater to run the full update on this one so it may have a couple entries others don't have...but the game will run more stable. 2gig of ram should get you there fine. RailRoads runs at 49 to 51% on your CPU usage...that's normal, then at least for the size 20 map I am working on and play testing...it needs just over 1.3 gig of memory to run. But that's a super huge map with more than 30 trains running on it ("I also have a size 17 map, same thing for others.") Turn off as many background programs as you can. You can set the Priority to Above Normal or High also helps a tad. Unless someone else can add to it that should get you off to a running start.

...Pick your poison...rar or zip...

...Let me know if this helps...

EDIT//...Sorry...the EXE was pulled. My bad...

-- Edited by Atani, please do not post links to copyrighted/illegal material. Links such as these should have been sent via PM instead.
Last edited by Lowell on Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warll

Post by Warll » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:41 pm

The fixed .exe could still only be used by legit copies of SMR. Its not like he removed the SecuROM. If any Fraxis people do come we would gladly take it down, till then we're doing their job. Oh course you'r a mod and its your job....

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:00 pm

The FSAutoStart I mentioned elsewhere helps. It was written for Flight Simulator, but works on any program. You tell it what to shut down, it lets you know during the process if it can't, then when you leave the game or program you're running, it turns everything back on. Works great for me.

Warll, my error :oops: I thought you were speaking of another EXE.

pumanator

Post by pumanator » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:55 am

Im a newbie to this so plz bear with me. I love this map but it crashes everytime I play it where the map is in custom assets or user maps. Is there anything I can do to fix this? :(

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:09 am

Do you have the "Required Modded Maps" in your system? The are listed in the first Sticky in Maps. There may be a mod from another map that is needed by this map. The other thing to try is downloading and installing, per instructions, SMR1 - http://smr.atani-software.net/

Also, give us your system specs.

Warll

Post by Warll » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:23 am

snoopy55 wrote:Do you have the "Required Modded Maps" in your system? The are listed in the first Sticky in Maps. There may be a mod from another map that is needed by this map. The other thing to try is downloading and installing, per instructions, SMR1 - http://smr.atani-software.net/

Also, give us your system specs.

S-M-R-I 1!!

(sorry 'bout that, I do most everything from memory, which ain't to good{snoopy55} :twisted: )

karsten

Re: Arizona Gold V2.2

Post by karsten » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:37 pm

Hi Dom11 – in version 2.2 of the Arizona Canyon map (available for download from the first post of this thread) it is in fact possible to win starting from Barstow, and yes, you do need to stretch over as soon as possible and develop towns on the other side of the map to gain traction and generate sufficient profits to continue. Initial passenger traffic from Barstow to Kingman and back provides sufficient extra money to complete the first era (as Investor or Financier).
I have added a route map below to show what I mean. Immediately when this connection is completed, preferably by 1882, start passenger traffic from Barstow to Ash Fork to have a chance of completing Era 2 goals.
Attachments
Tourists arriving at the Grand Canyon Hotel.jpg
Weapons for the Airforce Base.jpg
Arizona Canyon 2_2 in 1882 from Barstow.jpg
Arizona Canyon 2_2 Tourist train.jpg
Arizona Canyon 2_2 wide open spaces.jpg

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:42 am

Wow...very nice job.
Sorry it has taken me so very long to recover and get back to this game. Nice job.

karsten

Post by karsten » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:44 pm

This is the latest Arizona_Canyon map, Version 2_3.

Expensive tunnels are restored, to support realistic track-laying. As funds accumulate later in the game, tunnels can be afforded, eg on the scenic route. (See latest screenshots!) Otherwise, no change from the April 2007 version.

I have been able to fulfill all goals from Flagstaff on Mogul difficulty. If you get started in Phoenix, despair not. Amazingly, it is possible to win from Phoenix on Robber Baron difficulty. 8)
Attachments
Arizona_Canyon_V2_3.zip
(940.04 KiB) Downloaded 672 times
Arizona Canyon Scenic2.jpg
Arizona Canyon Start and Finish.jpg
Arizona Canyon Tunnels.jpg
Arizona Canyon Scenic.jpg
Arizona Canyon Mogul Routes 1961.jpg

laloha

Re: Arizona Gold V2.3

Post by laloha » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Karsten,

I just enjoyed an evening in Arizona finishing what was started earlier but interupted with a lot of leaf clearing here in Michigan.

Beyond giving thanks for this terrific map I must mention what might an overlook in the industries department. Looking back this is also true in earlier versions. Here is what I find: Hotels are in fact wineries,
Banks are Newspapers,
Air Force Bases are Hospitals.

Now this might be what you intended but I seem to rrecall in another Map, sorry but don't recall that one though, did in fact have Hotels, and believe AFB and of course Many Maps have Banks.

An overlook expect. Might want to look at this, and hope I am not sending you on a wild goose chase.

Still a terrific map. I sure enjoyed spending millions $$$$$$$'s making a quite interesting scenic route to, Grand Canyon Village. Might suggest a slower train to allow passenger the trills that await them viewing the sights along the way. I tried to look for one that might fit my bill but was not able as yet. Still on my agenda.

Gave thought of doing some of the changes, mentioned above, but know there would be disasterous results.

Thanks, for all you do here. And to all the other great new map makers that has renewed this fantastic SMR experience.

Larry
Last edited by laloha on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

laloha

Re: Arizona Gold V2.3

Post by laloha » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:13 pm

Something just came to mind regards to airports and such. You might have also enjoyed Sid Meiers Golf as it also is the results of his genius endeavors. Anyway, there are airports with planes in the air flying around, The Air Force Base comes to mind, Dust crop planes etc. There are also many buildings plus more such as tornadoes, and other disasters that destroy the farms, towns and cities. Not there but would be interesting to see, a volcano erupting, as there are these in SMR Maps around here.

My point here is; would there be possibilities to incorporate some of the features from SMG into SMR?

Larry