Arizona Gold V2.4 PcMac

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
K-class

Post by K-class » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:31 pm

Hello dwak
I know I would like them, but don't have the skill to mod the files.
********Backup your files first*******

Try this, here is my RRT_Trains_AZCanyonV2.xml

my global
Names_ENU.xml
RRT_TrainCars.xml
RRT_Trains.xml

This is a quick and easy mod to do and only involves a couple of lines and some cut and pasting.

What I did was use notepad 2 (not for xml) copy what Lowell did and below pasted the train I wanted to double up and just matched up what he did. (snoopy fixed the errors in the code for the Mikado so you can cut and past now)

The first thing you change is the tag name of your new train as too be unique cant be the same as anything else in the game. Note I added the K.

Code: Select all

<szName>TAG_NAME_AC4400_K_DUAL</szName>
Then also give this a new name

<szTenderCar>DummyAC4400</szTenderCar>
Then in tendercar just make sure you use your name above in <szName>

<TenderCar>
<szName>DummyAC4400</szName>
<szModel>GE_AC4400.kfm</szModel>
Also make sure you do all this as a cut and past and check for typing errors and use a xml programe like xml marker etc.

see what I did was fun and easy to do and very rewarding.

:D
Attachments
3 Dual trains
3 Dual trains
3duals.jpg (101.68 KiB) Viewed 19130 times
dwax.zip
(14.78 KiB) Downloaded 685 times
Last edited by K-class on Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.0GHz
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
XFX NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Mobo
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)
Geforce GTX 460 graphics card 1024 MB GDDR5

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:32 pm

I did a thread on installing these duals under Strategy. Check it out dwax and let me know if I was clear on it.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:45 pm

I would like to make a copy/paste list with a readme inside of all the xml scripts needed if anyone has a list of the ones they want. I have "adjusted the speed and power settings for dual sets."

Also you must clear out all your tender cars lists inside all maps goods cars only should be listed there. This way the game will only read the global files tender cars list...if you have any tender cars listed in a map you are playing it will throw off all your duals. You can get them to pop up by adding them to the map...but it causes troubles later.

You may post your xml Trains, TrainCars, Enu, and any maps traincars.xml files and I will give you the works.

EDIT//EDIT//
K-class if you added the dual loco to the Arazonia maps Trains.xml list you will only see that loco inside that map. You need to add new trains to the global file... C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\CustomAssets\Trains.xml
Tenders go here...
C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\CustomAssets\TrainCars.xml

Not inside the maps files.

dwax

Post by dwax » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:25 pm

Lowell

Here are my files can you give me some more Duals? And the RRT_Trains_AZCanyonV2 I can just make that one a master file for if I want to put it in another map, I just change the name. :) Thank you! :)
Attachments
RRT_Trains.zip
(13.78 KiB) Downloaded 684 times

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:29 pm

I would need your global Trains.xml, TrainCars.xml, Enu.xml and let me see that Arazonia TrainCars.xml list too.

EDIT// All I need is the TrainCars.xml lists...I want to say give me a copy of All your maps traincars xml lists...they may all need cleaned.

EDIT//EDIT//also which ones do you want dual? "Somehow that sounds like a dangerous question... :) "

K-class

Post by K-class » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:51 pm

Thanks Lowell - would be good to tidy all that up and do a sticky under train mods. Yep your right about adding your train mod to the global file and just reference to it.

As snoopy55 posted and I already did I just add the reference into the RRT_Trains_your_map.xml just using the AZCanyonV2 as this forum post is about this map.

<Train>
<szName>TAG_NAME_GP38_K_DUAL</szName>
<Year>1796</Year>
</Train>
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)

K-class

Post by K-class » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:59 pm

dwax don't take this the wrong way as I would like to see you get more out of this game and to get more deeper understanding what and how things work under the hood. Its more fun!

The files I posted go and have a look and see what has been changed.

You should really have a go at the xml as it will help you understand a lot about how the game works and what you can do plus it adds more fun and a sense of achievement when your changes work.

Its great that Lowell has offered to do this for you and others but it is tying up is modding time and play time. :D
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:23 pm

Okay... I have added "several" :twisted: to your roundhouse. If you want to list them in your game mods xml trains list...I will let you do that. Just add the trains "tag name" and list the year as you have done. So I didn't mess with that Arazonia Train list. I created all your new duals in the global Train.xml, TrainCars.xml, and ENU.xml files.

To test them...I would say try a map in train table mode using all trains. It will take you several hours to flip through them all I'm sure. :D

Remember...check each of your mods maps TrainCars.xml lists ... make sure there is not one mention of a tender car/ B Unit within miles of that file. :lol: Dual Tender/B Units stuff goes in the global file. You can add the Trains name that is Dual in the Arazonia Trains file start year 1800 and it will show up...but no mention of it's B unit or tenders inside any mods...it will pull either the tender for a single or double head unit as needed from the global xml file list.
...Here's the link to your new files...
http://www.CrimsonSun.cc/Adjusted_Files.zip

dwax

Post by dwax » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:00 am

Thanks Lowell! I see you added a bunch to it1 :lol: No I have to sort through and put them on a map. :D You said something about "train table mode" I don't know what that is. I know there is a little box that you can check to play with "All Trains" but I can't check it. It wont let me put a check in there. :? Is there a setting in the INI for that? Thanks again. :D

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:15 am

Train Table mode is under the Difficulty drop down list when you are looking to start a new map.

The Use All Trains area will allow you to click it then.

Warll

Post by Warll » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:37 am

wow Dwax seeing as how you've been here so long I'd think you'd have known about that.

dwax

Post by dwax » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:59 am

Warll wrote:wow Dwax seeing as how you've been here so long I'd think you'd have known about that.
You talking about the train table mode? I never changed anything on them. I just set the difficulty and haven t looked at anything else. :) And as for setting up duals up my self, I always come up with red blobs. :lol:

Dr Frag

Post by Dr Frag » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:23 am

Well I finally got a chance to play this map and it's really awesome. I screwed up in the last era though when I purchased a War Factory in Vegas instead of a Base. Awe darn, guess I'll have to play it again. Think I'll add some dual steamers though . . .

Dr Frag

Post by Dr Frag » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:18 am

As requested, here are some screenshots of double headers on Arizona.

http://www.model-railroading.net/gallery/
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R mobo - Core i7 920
G.SKILL 3x1GB PC3 10666
MSI 8800GT Graphics Card
WD 150GB Raptor System Drive
WinXP Pro SP2 (LANfest Old Gamer Prize)

karsten

Post by karsten » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:51 pm

Great screenshot collection, DF! And, I am sure you did not realize, a neat birthday present for me today! :P :P